ANH Stunt build

Frank75139

Clear is cheaper and more versatile... more important IMO, is gwtting a tube with a narrow opening (2 oz. I believe). That way you have more control. I had the larger tube with the wider opening and it was easy to put too much on.

One forearm drying the other waiting for clamps, only have 1 set. E6000 works nicely. From what I’ve read 48 hours is usually a good dry time. Question... do the straps holding the forearm and bicep together go on the outside, inside, under, or top of the elbow or it doesn’t matter? I assumed outside cause it won’t bunch up but I didn’t really see it anywhere. 

1C3ABAF3-8905-48F4-852F-E5B5361AB039.jpeg

Frank,

The AM 2.0 kit is great. I working on my 5th AM 2.0 build at this time for one of the guys in my garrison. Yes as everyone has said use the e6000 glue. Its great is you need to redo something. Here is a link http://www.michaels.com/e6000-craft-adhesive-2oz/10255145.html,  Don't need to buy it there just this shows what kind to get. 

Keep posting pics on here with any questions you have. We will help as much as possible. 

Good Luck. 

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, Frank1769 said:

One forearm drying the other waiting for clamps, only have 1 set. E6000 works nicely. From what I’ve read 48 hours is usually a good dry time. Question... do the straps holding the forearm and bicep together go on the outside, inside, under, or top of the elbow or it doesn’t matter? I assumed outside cause it won’t bunch up but I didn’t really see it anywhere. 

1C3ABAF3-8905-48F4-852F-E5B5361AB039.jpeg

The straps will go on the top or front part of the elbow. I have never had mine bunch up on me. So if your standing looking at yourself with palms to the back you would see the straps on the front of your forearm towards the outside of your body. If that makes any sense. 

Edited by TK-34288

Thanks. Wasn’t feeling well today so I took the time to do some odds and ends. Started getting the chest and ab armor together and then did some trimming on a thigh. Thighs and calves are difficult to figure out which is which but after a lot of reading I think I’ve got it.  Then I ended up cutting them too thin. Gonna widen them with a slightly bigger cover strip and hopefully that works unless someone else has ideas. 

How big a cover strip? There is a stickied thread where someone used plastic to extend their thighs for a pretty big fix. If its fixable with a wider coverstrip, maybe it isn't so big to worry about.

Have you taped them up and worn them yet? Pictures would be helpful.

Ok this is the best I could do. It’s not perfectly taped but you’ll see the back is butted up and the front has a bit of a bigger gap with a makeshift taped on cover strip. Ultimately I will split the difference between front and back

D54F42E2-EF18-4C2E-949C-3525037AA6BC.jpeg

9611C838-55D7-4632-A3E6-BFC6F45866AC.jpeg

Great progress:duim: From the pic it looks like it would do the trick...question: do you have room to taper it more at the knee? and if the painters tape is "acting up" you could always use duct tape for a better hold:salute:

I was afraid to use duct tape because I didn’t want residue on the plastic. I could try and taper the knee a bit, not sure if that would cause the top to flare out more. Also what’s the mobility in one of these? I can walk a bit but I’m not getting my knees up too high. 

I used a white version on my build and didn`t have an issue but you could tape it on the inside just to be safe :salute:

tCMIhcx.jpg

And you don`t have to taper it if it restricts your movements, it looks fine as is, from the pic it looked like there was some room for it which would help in giving that sleek "movie-look", however doing so wouldn`t make the top to flare out, just make sure it`s securely taped in the back, at the very top of the thigh keeping it together as you reduce the eventual gap at the knee. AND...You might want to wait in doing any final cutting until you got your shins taped up to see how it looks together---it`s all about the look:D Which brings me to mobility well...it sucks..plain and simple:P someone wrote somwhere on this forum that "all the rebels had to do to prevent the stormtroopers to charge their secret base was to ad a step or two"  :laugh1: If you want/need to you can cut some out of the back of the tighs/shins like these troopers did (a bit hard to see) Star Wars A New Hope Bluray Capture 01 170

Personally I want to minimize the black showing so I didn`t cut any and this is how I walk (sorry if I clutter your build with all of my stuff)

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

Good to hear:salute: and either way is fine as long as you make sure that the bottom of the thighs aren`t significally bigger than the top of the shins, or vice versa if that make sence? I prefer the "cone-shaped" legs vs the more boxy ones.

There´s some twisted sniperknees here but this is how the legs should look like:) (more or less anyways)

Star Wars A New Hope Bluray Capture 01 174

It is always a challenge trying on the armor with only tape. But necessary before we make it permanent. It looks ok. It looks a little snug/tight. Very little room. You should allow some space inside the armor so you don't cut off blood supply ;) But they look right to me. 

Here is some of my thighs/calves as I was sizing and gluing them. 

20160417_115410.jpg

20160417_115439.jpg

20160522_222402.jpg

20160524_115722.jpg

Yea I think the tops of the thighs went too tight, hopefully that cane be fixed with the wider strip. Thanks for the pics, I do see the room you have which makes me feel a bit better about trying to get them tighter. Did you glue front and back of the calf? Was looking at it and it barely fits over my foot. 

8 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

Yea I think the tops of the thighs went too tight, hopefully that cane be fixed with the wider strip. Thanks for the pics, I do see the room you have which makes me feel a bit better about trying to get them tighter. Did you glue front and back of the calf? Was looking at it and it barely fits over my foot. 

The front of the calves are glued. But the back I used Velcro. You put them on kind of like a clam shell. 

The "red line" shows where I put my Velcro. You would put more Velcro on your cover strip. So you only would glue half your cover strip in the back. So when you put on your calves, it is easier to put them on...

makes sense?

tkpart.PNG

Edited by Pretzel

Remember to do a same size of jonit strip, for the front legs thigs and shins front
And try to make a good line with the two pieces, if you made a big thigs, better if you made a big shin for proportions and for a good look

bf4cf536119755f8841197a25ab2e23a.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

These guys got you covered:duim: I just want to ad that when sizing the shins it's best to have the shoes on and in my opinion, trying to keep the shin tight around the boot...some experience trouble with the shin sliding up over the boot when doing so but I haven't...and there's ways to fix that if needs be:) this is how thight mine are. 

H6qOD6h.jpg

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1