RT mod

TK4205

Coming along slowly but surely.

bzLgxRo.jpg

The only thing that I didn't like about the headliner was the cheesey sweat band, sow I sewed another one in. I made it out of ribbed neck seal. Looks kinda cool

1XNFBRK.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you thank you. I just know people are going to sneak a peek inside my bucket. I want them to get their peeks worth. Last weekend a trooper asked me why I put more time on the inside than the outside. Hey, I told him, I live in that thing.

God .. I love that ..

And I was just about to go buy my hardware for my bucket's guts. I'll definitely go for that as I hate the hot glue finish around my lenses. I also need to find some rigid green lenses .. I wonder if anybody on the board would have some extra - maybe some rest from a welder's mask or something? The green plastic I got with the AP suit is way too thin for my taste.

Also, are the fans glued to your lid? They seem to hold in the air .. from the velcro only?

And a more general question for those who painted their bucket's inside, what's the best way to make sure to not have black paint past the inside frame?

TK4205 - with the epoxy paste frames you made, doesnt that make the lenses sit further back? im thinking trying this on my FX lid, would it be easy to do? lastly, what kind of expoy paste did you use? where can i find some? and where did you get the tiny screws from?

[/quote

The frames sit just below the edge of your eye opening. The epoxy putty can be found at most hardware stores as well as the tiny screws, of which I had to paint black. I think the last brand of putty I used was JB weld putty. They also carry it at automotive shops. My lenses are pretty thin, but with this kind of lense set up you would never tell.

Also, are the fans glued to your lid? They seem to hold in the air .. from the velcro only?

I use small computer wire anchors zip tied to my flex tubing. This makes my fans semi adjustable.

And a more general question for those who painted their bucket's inside, what's the best way to make sure to not have black paint past the inside frame?

Masking tape:)

"The frames sit just below the edge of your eye opening."

i dont know what the RT lid eye sockets are like, but on the FX lid, there isnt much of a "lip" around the inside of the eye, is this what the RT is like? (looks like there is quite a bit of a lip in your photos) or did you mean that it does set the lenses back slightly? sorry for being stupid :P

could you post a photo of your lid from the front, showing the lenses in?

ta

oh, p.s. the tiny screws, what size are they? and are they secure enough just screwing into the epoxy stuff?

I guess it depends how much you trimmed out the eyes. If you trimmed a lot then you might not have enough room for the lense frames.

The screw holes need to be pre drilled or they'll just crack your framees. Screw sise? Small:)

Not done yet. You can see the rubber gromets on the bottom of the chin switch. Flex tubing comes out and wraps around the back inside of the bucket with battery packs on the side and the amp goes in the back. I'm making a 12v pack to run my fans. 9v batteries will run cpu fans, but not as long.

• 4 weeks later...

yea i think i mught have some contact info but can someone give me the contact information for RT just to make sure im right. by the way TK4205 thats looks amazing. did you make all that up yourself. could you posibly give me a list of some of the stuf you used. i have curly hair like an afro though do you think it will get cought in the fans

Almost too small. You can tweak it a little to get just a bit more room, but it's still smaller than the FX. Mine will be done by saturday, so you can try it on then.

She'll be done tomorrow. I sure do like this kit. Fits like it was made for me.

I painted the traps by hand.

mjyqpcN.jpg

c2kz4XN.jpg

My own sound board. Bout the same as a skullworks only in a fancier package.

oujieiC.jpg

jKYr4vy.jpg

WT7flpD.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

Awesome Wyatt! Did you create new molds for the boxes? I dig that the metallic look. & all those rivets give it a realistic feel. :D

..that has got to be the best inside of a bucket I have seen!!! how about some details/how to on your sound system?

What do you want to know? It's a radio shack amp. I just built in some chin switches.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up making my own speaker cases cause I just dont like the small speakers that I have found up to this point. The sound rocks with no feedback. The cases are inulated so I don't use geat stuff any more.

V3qvc7V.jpg

E4teup0.jpg

vNiGdno.jpg

jan3tYH.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

I think I would starve if I did that. I've got about 30 hours of work put into this bucket. and that's not counting the various drying times.