TLJ Executioner / Judicial Laser Ax

So it seems from what images there are that the weapon has a blaster hengstler and magazine

bBMjXCt.jpg

Having to guess placement

qQO1ZQ6.jpg

ccPolxW.jpg

Trimmed and fitted

Dx4IZL3.jpg

Lights fitted

xAgPhaI.jpg

Now to work out fitment of switches and get the rest of the electronics inside

Fitting all the switches, amp jack, batter pack and electronics was not fun, took longer than I thought it would but it's all in now.

giC6Tjj.jpg

It may not work as a blaster but I'd rather have the electronics in there just in case ;)

Just the LED for the blaster tube and the EL wire to thread through the claw sections once it's all assembled.

Will also use a 90 deg elbow AV cable so the wire sits in closer to the handle and my glove.

A little more progress but fiddly bits, making and attaching brackets for the claws to mount too, some detail pieces and trial fit and test of angles.

12kb0Vo.jpg

Thanks guys.

Going to have to put up with the smell of paint for the time being, too cold and wet to leave outside, this is going to be a slow process :(

umHh8uq.jpg

4Ki50Ub.jpg

Weather gods have smiled upon me, managed to get another coat of paint on today

8HVHFbF.jpg

12 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Can't wait to see this thing in action. Fantastic Q

Thanks Tony

The claw sections have some recesses/indents but as references material is not very clear I have just made these from sticker material, easy to change later ;)

jkJslW3.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

Supports for the claws painted silver, white detail section added and glued.

Handle masked and recess section painted satin black, really shows up the grooves well.

jjsuoYh.jpg

naOnsoz.jpg

Been waiting on the weather for paint to dry all week, now waiting on glue to dry, getting there.

1dzjQD6.jpg

3 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Wow, your progress is amazing.  My hat's off to you sir - quite the accomplishment :salute:

2 hours ago, Pyrates said:

Bloody stellar work Glen - bucket off to you mate for paving the way! This is soooo freaking mint emoji869.pngemoji38.png!!!

31 minutes ago, andylah said:

Glen you are a machine!

Thanks for the kind words guys

Once all the parts had colour on them and assembled I found I wasn't happy with the length of the barrel and the width between the claws so I've done some trimming and a little adjusting, much happier now :D 

z2NxH1M.jpg

17 hours ago, ukswrath said:

When do you sleep? hahahaha

Sleep, I can sleep when I'm dead ;)

Having a look at another slightly higher res photo and noticed I should have mounted the magazine further around on the side, not too worry I'll fix this up on the next version ;)

Mf2pdU7.jpg

The more images I see the less I think that the head and base claws are offset, but just in case I've slotted the mounting holes so I can adjust them later. Really depends how you view the images and look at the angles, I've found holding it and taking photos it can change so much

So here is where I am up too, everything attached and electronics working, now just stuck waiting on the mail man now, the EL wire I had was just too short, hopefully it will turn up soon

gjU7mdj.jpg

Thought I would try out some hot glue on the EL wire, seemed to work well for Kylo's, I think it will look more realistic

N2ExPSW.jpg

Some more reference material

ANpr3ck.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13