Darthanael's AP ANH Stunt Build (Cehttps://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42121-darthanaels-ap-anh-stunt-build-centurion-the-road-to-trooping/nturion). The road to trooping!

darthanael

Keep up the good work! No worries on the biceps - they're the same piece on the AP kit. As for the shaping, I've actually found I was able to shape the pieces manually by just gradually massaging them. I've only used the hot water bath to tweak the sniper knee plate. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys, that's good to know! Hopefully maybe it'll still help a little haha. I think I was just so excited to do the reshaping process I wanted to do the whole suit!! I'm soaking up every part of this. No pun intended haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, just wondering what you think about using this Rustoleum gloss dark gray for the TD pack. Mark from AP advised to use Krylon, but Home Depot didn't have that so... haha. I know the CRL just says "gray." Will this work? Thanks in advance for your input!

6e1ace9f22f5d5629390b6a96f93a490.jpg

I would find a better place to get Krylon.  Mark/AP is spot on with the paint recommendation.  Rustoleum = problems.

Cool, that's good to know. I'll return this stuff and find some Krylon! Just for my knowledge, what are the problems with Rustoleum? Thank you!

For what it's worth, I went to my local Michael's (although I';m sure any good hobby store would have it) and picked up a spray can of Testor's Gloss Gray - #1238.  Worked like a charm.

r4gjXUW.jpg

tg0ISob.jpg?1 

• Like 2

I used some primer grey as I had it handy then coated with gloss clear, worked out well

• Like 1

Hey guys need some help if possible. Tried attaching my glove armor with CA glue today and it's pretty much a total disaster. I followed another build that did the same thing, but apparently with different results. Am I doing something wrong?

I used the flex glove armor that Mark sent in the kit and Zap-a-Gap glue. Simple enough, or so I thought.

The first one I tried stuffing a towel inside the glove so that it would glue to the contour of my hand, but the CA glue was so runny that it went all over the glove.

02726dc6be5cfa2b6796567cbbd0437e.jpg

7568d7d118b2fa8b611960a3f449d77f.jpg

645d9d5256277143e67aa30f9422def0.jpg

Next I tried putting a flat piece of ABS inside the glove. I taped the outline of where I wanted the armor to go. Applied the CA glue and then let sit.

da65263cc9c988c5700d940dc08a92e4.jpg

312488b24c7b4d55f4f75f0919920232.jpg

92dfad99a3113008bbd118a93fe53be1.jpg

The second one worked out okay, but now the tape is glued to the glove and the actual armor isn't sticking at all to the latex.

c08452dd5c8c325915ba55d4ba1941f1.jpg

15a9bcbe31bd92234a26be538395047c.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

I use Gorilla Gel glue for mine. I put glove on run a bead down center from knuckle to wrist and hold guard in place for a couple minutes. Then add glue working from center to edges till glued securely all around. Leaving slight overhang over knuckles.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2017 at 1:04 AM, darthanael said:

Ah okay, thanks for the heads up about the drop boxes! Now, for the decals, are you talking about just the dots or do you mean for all decals?

I'm talking about all of them. Hand painted always looks more authentic. But completely up to you bud.

Hey Nate - we went with  Loctite Plastic Bonding Glue with the Activation Pen and it worked really well.  Actually got that from another AP build thread (check out Alay's ANH Stunt build (AP, first build) ).  She even has a picture so you know what to look for at Home Depot.  Only caution - give the tube a gentle squeeze in the package before you go pay and make sure it isn't dried out.  My brother had to go back twice because they evidently had some really old product on the shelves.

I used zap-a-gap. It stuck in a matter of seconds

Yeah zap-a-gap worked out pretty terribly for me, but I think it might've been because I didn't wash off the oil from the rubber hand guards enough.

Yeah zap-a-gap worked out pretty terribly for me, but I think it might've been because I didn't wash off the oil from the rubber hand guards enough.

Could be. Also, not sure if you did...but try and use some sandpaper on the handguard itself, that will allow the glue to stick better to it

On 9/6/2017 at 8:20 PM, Albaz said:

Could be. Also, not sure if you did...but try and use some sandpaper on the handguard itself, that will allow the glue to stick better to it

I like that sand paper trick! I'm gonna try that for sure. I think I'll try to clean off the guards with some acetone and reuse them. Unfortunately, the gloves are ruined. Thanks for your help!

Hey guys just updating you. I haven't posted in a while because we had to evacuate Miami and go north due to Hurricane Irma. I'm sure many of you had to do the same. Fortunately my home wasn't flooded (and even if it was, my TK build and supplies were stored securely up high!), but my thoughts and prayers are with all those that have been effected. My prayers are also over the fire and rescue and law enforcement teams. Please stay safe out there guys.

• Like 2

Glad to hear you're safe mate - and shocked to see how you've progressed in the last week.

I used E-6000 for my hand guards, yes it's a lot more time consuming however they haven't peeled off yet.

I used flat styrofoam 1-1/2" to trace out my the back of my hand so it stretched the rubber glove wide enough to give a nice flat surface to adhere to.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34182-pyrates-ap-build-and-journey-to-the-501st/?do=findComment&comment=472995

Hope that helps mate!

On 9/12/2017 at 3:34 PM, Pyrates said:

Glad to hear you're safe mate - and shocked to see how you've progressed in the last week.

I used E-6000 for my hand guards, yes it's a lot more time consuming however they haven't peeled off yet.

I used flat styrofoam 1-1/2" to trace out my the back of my hand so it stretched the rubber glove wide enough to give a nice flat surface to adhere to.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34182-pyrates-ap-build-and-journey-to-the-501st/?do=findComment&comment=472995

Hope that helps mate!

Thanks for the tips! I need all the help I can get lol.

Hey everyone, I have a question about the gloves. Since my first attempt didn't go so well, I need to purchase new ones. I found some great ones at Home Depot, but on the inside they have a small letter marking the size of the gloves. Is this okay or do they need to be completely blank? Thanks in advance!