TK-13429 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (RT Mod) [732]

Name:   Francois Deslauriers
501st ID:   TK 13429
FISD Forum Name:   Frenchyyd
Garrison:   Badlands Garrison

Armor Maker:   RT Mod
Helmet Maker:   RT Mod
Blaster Type:  E-11 DVH resin pipe build (with t-tracks from Marv and resin Hengster from Smitty)
Height:   6”4'
Weight: 215 lbs
Boots Maker:   TK Boots 
Canvas Belt:   Rob Kittell
Hand Plates Type:   RT Mod (I have some non-latex (silicone?) from Karin but I'm having a hell of a time gluing them to rubber gloves, they were not the Trooperbay ones)

Gloves:  Trooperbay

Neck Seal Type:   Darman velcro type

Holster:  Darman

Helmet trim: S type from Trooperbay 

Split rivets from Trooperbay

Under suit from Barricade

TK%2001_zpslvty1sqt.jpg

TK%2004_zpswnblcygp.jpg

TK%2005_zpsoqyvw6ik.jpg

TK%2003_zpsafdfwzbl.jpg

TK%2006_zpsloaa8jxc.jpg

TK%2002_zpsnsdo0ose.jpg

TK%2008_zpslplvxivf.jpg

TK%2002a_zpsyftpswbj.jpg

TK%2007_zpsp2fw6th8.jpg

TK%2009_zpsh2zbqqvj.jpg

TK%2010_zpskcwn4pz1.jpg

TK%2011_zpsaxxepafb.jpg

TK%2012_zpsiqgnnei7.jpg

TK%2013_zps0x0gbr5w.jpg

TK%2014_zpso4ft2bby.jpg

TK%2015_zpsh4tgtwg4.jpg

TK%2016_zpsrhmp0ol5.jpg

TK%2017_zpssgfk0dwl.jpg

TK%2018_zps1wqowlpq.jpg

TK%2019_zpscgu6mwnx.jpg

TK%2020_zpscvb1hodv.jpg

TK%2021_zpssjmx5xyo.jpg

TK%2022_zpsd86kvsrz.jpg

TK%2023_zps6h21nbrt.jpg

TK%2024_zpscooutldq.jpg

TK%2025_zpsnhenlvnb.jpg

TK%2026_zpsmrleubaw.jpg

TK%2027_zpsfclatqhk.jpg

TK%2028_zpswfl3vuor.jpg

TK%2029_zpspqzmldhh.jpg

TK%2030_zps6kfeulyy.jpg

TK%2031_zpskum87jhk.jpg

TK%2032_zpsgaaezki3.jpg

TK%2033_zps3vibny2c.jpg

TK%2034_zps3cecaudb.jpg

TK%2035_zps4novusyg.jpg

TK%2036_zpsufxkfogg.jpg

TK%2037_zpscqolhezz.jpg

TK%2038_zpszdwep02q.jpg

TK%2039_zpsg2hiyn8g.jpg

TK%2040_zpsfh4amzpk.jpg

TK%2041_zpsycrya53l.jpg

Nice job!  As for attaching the hand plates, I suggest using clear silicone.  There is no type of glue that will adhere to silicone.  Use a liberal amount, (but keep it away from the edges) then weight them down for 8 hours.  I suggest lightly scuffing up the rubber gloves with some fine grit sandpaper and cleaning them with alcohol in the area that you are going to attach them first.

You might want to switch out the screws on your TD to the flat "pan-head" type for higher approvals.

Looking good! I would suggest bringing your shoulder bells in a bit. They should be right up to straps. As for glue, I had no problem gluing mine with Gorilla gel Super glue. I actually put glove on and mounted hand plate and held for a few minutes. Then added glue near edges that were not bonded first time. Good Luck fellow RT-MOD!

• Like 1

Nice job with your build Francois.  Other then the screws like Joseph mentioned and the shoulder bells like Randy mentioned, you did a very nice job on your build.  Good luck with your application!

Thank you very much for the compliments and the advice gentlemen.  I plan on tackling those shoulder bells and find the proper screws for the TD in the next couple of days.  Once I've done that I'll tackle attaching the handguards to my gloves.  

Cheers

FD

Hi Francois

Could we please ask for another photo of the closures on the back of your shins. One thing that stands out is the fact your cover strips run all the way to the top. They should finish at the base of the ridge. Secondly we cant tell if the closures are the outside closing over the inside halves or vice versa.

Hi Sly

The shins close outside closing inside.  I've attached some photos as requested.  I was not aware that the cover strips should end at the ridge.  I'll add that to my list of stuff to adjust.  Please let me know if there is anything else you require.

Cheers

FD

IMG_4384_zpsiebjpzqc.jpg

IMG_4385_zpsvwcx9tzm.jpg

IMG_4386_zpspksq429j.jpg

IMG_4390_zpsixuur50u.jpg

IMG_4392_zpsrt72su3z.jpg

I did a bit of work to address the length of the coverstrips on my shins.  I will still need to sand a bit and clean up that area.  

IMG_4399_zps2tzsvo9n.jpg

The way Rob makes his with the ridge it looks better with coverstrip all the way up. IMHO. I know it isn't accurate but looks better then that. No offense Francois. I had the same issue.

Hi Francois welcome and thank you for your patience, and applying for EIB. Let's have a look your armor.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All the required submission photos have been posted. Without further delay,  your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. Ukswrath and myself  would like to welcome you to Expert Infantry. Congratulations trooper     :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. We have a few minor areas to cover, starting from the top. 1) Shoulder bells and large gap.

We get that you are a big trooper, at 6'4", and broad shoulders, and you have done a great job of fitting this armour to your size but we are positive that you can comfortably shorten those top straps the connect the Shoulder Bells to the strapping under the bridges. They should be virtually touching each other, like i the below reference image.

vuvjxN4.jpg

Reference image

Shoulder%20gap.jpg

Now this next item has no bearing on your application or approvals, but more a point to make for anyone that looks at your armour and applications. You do not have to do anything here.

If we look at the main button plates on the Ab section you can see in the below reference image they are separate and glued onto the armour.
RT-Mod are actually molded as one with the ab plate. Now we are not fans of this, but it is how the armour is made and there is not anything an applicant can do to fix this without a major undertaking to modify their armour.
What I can say is you have done a very tidy job of painting those buttons, excellent work.

TK%2007_zpsp2fw6th8.jpg

reference image

gallery_12157_16_7278-crop6.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here.

It is obvious with your attention to detail Centurion is in your sights. There are only a couple of things that will need changing to meet the level 3 CRL so lets look at those.

For level three certification (if applicable):

• Ear bars shall have only one bump painted in black (rank stripes).
  • Tears/traps shall be hand painted or use decals that emulate hand painted (with correct ANH TK details).

Currently you have no rank stripe painted on the ears so the addition of one each side will be a lovely finishing touch.

Secondly, the decals you have will need to be replaced. You have two options, hand paint them, or use the hand painted Dave M style sold by a member here on FISD.

uCPqyqG.jpg

References

Hand paint

A4wF5Sw.jpg

Or use hand painted style decals like Dave M

KtbJbk4.jpg
One last thing to mention, it is difficult to seein these images but just make sure if you apply for Centurion you remove all the return edge from the wrist end of your forearms. The more detailed set of photos required for that level must show both the fore arms together so we can see that aspect for the approval process.

That's it Francois, awesome job my friend, make your changes and get that Centurion application in

Congratulations :jc_doublethumbup:

Whoohoo! Thanks guys. I will definitely make the suggested changes. My forearms will need more cleaning up before I apply for Centurion. I thought I had removed all of the return edge but after seeing other applications I realize that there is a bit more that should be removed.

Magni, no offence taken. I see what you're saying. I am debating what to do but I'll likely trim up that area to allow me to walk up stairs and bend down easier. I'm going to do a bit more research before committing to anymore cuts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...