My understanding is, Anovos does make top notch armor. Although all armor no matter who you buy it from does need to have some minor modifications made in order to get to the centurion level. Also, the armor must be made to fit you personally. All pieces should hang properly as well. Ex. Shoulder bells could be hanging to far to the back creating too much under suit being seen in the front. It doesn't look quite right. Those among other things that you can find out about in this forum are what will get you up to par for the 501 st . Going for centurion level will take some work but your enthusiasm to do so is what makes all the people on this forum keep doing what they do. Troopers helping troopers. Stick with it and prepare to have plenty of patients. Some things take a while. I also ordered from Anovos and will not get my armor until later this summer. Hopefully. .... I hear it can take time. I've built 2 different blasters while waiting for my Armor. That was a lot of fun. Anovos is a good selection ,but be sure and do some research you learn a lot about this stuff that way. MOST OF ALL... DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY. <br><br>

Happy trooping and Happy Star Wars day.

Edited by tydirium1
  • Like 1

When I mentioned the Anovos kit in my intro post, no one said anything against it.  In fact, I was pointed towards a couple of really good build threads.

I just placed my order, and with the Star Wars day coupon (15% off, May 4-5, MT42017) I basically ended up with free shipping.

• Like 1

It is a bit on the thin side, but I took a set to Centurion.  Ditch the Velcro strapping that is included (go for snaps) and change the canvas belt and you should be good to go.

• Like 2

Hey Omar welcome, as Joseph mentioned Anovos armor if built correctly is accepted at all levels of approval. Joseph also mentioned it's very thin, that's an understatement. As nice as the armor is it does have it's drawback. For the money most people find it a no brainer, even some veterans. Bottom line, do your homework, research, research.  I recommend starting here when it comes to armor. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

May the 4th be with you 

• Like 2

Hi Omar,

Thanks for starting this thread.

While Anovos is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau. It seems as if there have been enough complaints against them for them to be rated an F. Seems like they need some serious focus on customer service.

For anyone else...who else makes vetted FOTK armor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have Anovos armour and was the first to clear it in the UKG, which is the Garrison you'd clear with.

There's around 4-6 Anovos troopers in the Garrison I know of so yes it will clear.  Also it's in the top 5 of armours for Centurion, not bad for 14 months on the market.

Whilst it may clear all the way there's some issues:

The armour is thin, I've yet to see this be a problem (8 troops) but others have.  Flex in the armour for me is good but others don't like it.  I suspect part of the problem is the factory trim lines mean you leave far too much return on the edges which stresses the parts so they crack.  I reduced mine significantly from the lines and it's been fine.

If you screw up you're not going to be able to get Anovos parts.  You either have ot buy a whole 2nd kit, or buy from other sellers and it won't be a perfect colour match.  

The belt it comes with is junk and removing the plastics from it is hard with out causing damage.  Dental floss seems to be a favorite tool at the moment.

You don't get to build the helmet, some like this I didn't and felt I missed out on a right of passage.  Also I'm not a fan of the factory decals and paint job.  You'll need to address minor elements of this for level 2.

The supplied eleastic kit works but won't last.  Swap to a proper snap setup.

Ultimately as much as I like my armour I have a hard time recommending it to a non-US trooper.  The shipping and VAT, Duty aren't included in that $450 so you need to add around $150 for shipping and around £120 for VAT and duty, probably more given the current exchange rate. 

For UK troopers I'd recommend either RWA or DA for most, TM or RS if you have more money to spend.  There's also CFO if you want a ROTJ suit.  I see these armours again and again, some old some new and all will clear all the way to Centurion if you build them for it.

If you're set on Anovos there isn't much to change for Centurion.

- swap the belt. The top two holster screws need to be removed and patches for the holes aren't acceptable for higher level

- get latex or silicone handplates. It comes with rigid ABS, they work for basic and EIB but not Centurion

- paint the outer teeth. Factory teeth leave the outer corners unpainted

Optional:

-  trim / sand the left eye. For some reason they left a lot of extra and it gives it a lazy eye look

- replace the hovi tip mesh. The factory mesh is finer than the movie accurate one

- replace the helmet screws. They come with pan head, countersunk slotted are more accurate

- replace thermal detonator screws. They come with Philips head, if you remove the helmet screws they will work on the TD if painted black

Removing the rivet covers to swap the belt can be difficult due to the hellish pink glue Anovos used to hold them on. I found it easier to partially drill out the rivets from the back side, the heat from friction will soften the glue to be able to pop off the front covers easier. Don't drill all the way thru without removing. Skip the soft goods option, you will want to replace it and the supplied Velcro is useless. Good luck w/ the build and narrowing down a vendor.

Edited by vettereddie