Stealth trooper muaahahhahahah!!!!

Mike, I just want to say, you officially suck. I was planning on doing this exact same thing but the guy that was supposed to pull my helmets seems to be jerking me around. As usual it looks simply Marvelous. Scott sent me some flat black tube stripes for my project so I have like 2 or 3 sets of flat black tube stripes. Would you like a set for this helmet?

Actually. I am not going to finish this one. My friend lives in the UK and they dont have this black, so I am painting it for him here. He will finish it when he gets it there :) But thanks for the offer :)

Mike, I just want to say, you officially suck. I was planning on doing this exact same thing but the guy that was supposed to pull my helmets seems to be jerking me around. As usual it looks simply Marvelous. Scott sent me some flat black tube stripes for my project so I have like 2 or 3 sets of flat black tube stripes. Would you like a set for this helmet?

This is a TE2 , smooth Cap n Back :)

that thing is sweet man...what kind of helmet is that...i'm still new when it comes to different armor and helmet types...in building a stealth suit, but it's the FX black kit!!!!!!! sweet stuff man!!!!

MR eat your heart out! The TX boys will be throwing their FX buckets in the trash when they get a load of this.

Chuffed to bits to be able to say that that lid is mine ... ALL MINE ... muahhhhhaaaahhhaaaa!

Was going to get the TE2 myself and paint it up here in the UK, but I just can't get the Rustoleum Pro Enamel over here. So imagine my joy when I found out that Mike would do it for me, just leaving the detailing to be done when it arrives.

Everything's ready to go when it gets here; silver paint for the frown, flat black tube stripes and decals, chrome-mirrored lenses, padding and fans. It'll go a real treat along with my TM armour (pics available HERE) and can't wait to get trooping in it.

And worry ye not ... I'll be posting up pics of the fully-complete lid as soon as I can.

That is extremely glossy :o I mean, I'm sure that level of gloss is what a Stealth Trooper helmet would look like in theory, but you are essentially reflecting everything around you! Looks kind of weird to me, but hey, if that's what Stealth Troopers are supposed to look like, then well done ;)

Fantastic way out of your dilemma Chris and nice paint job Mike.The black i bet has the same shine level as the white pro paint but black believe it or not,reflects more light than white so looks far more glossy.White is almost a see through colour (if you can call it a colour) black is more a solid colour .

The end result is this bling bling lid,whats going to set your amour alight Chris,really happy for you mate.

So what's the deal with black armor? Is it really that difficult to find black HIPS or ABS? I've been asking several armorers about pulling black helmets and armor for a while now, and while most have expressed some interest, I've yet to see anything besides one black TM pop up. Not only would it help some of the TX guys, but I think the overall finish would look ten times better than paint. I have to agree the paint job looks slick (literally), but almost too glossy. Btw guys, don't use that H2o crap. Just stick to regular ol' Krylon. Even that fusion stuff to me is crap.

Here's an example of what a black HIPS TE would look like. Much better IMO-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

BactaReality said:
So what's the deal with black armor? Is it really that difficult to find black HIPS or ABS? I've been asking several armorers about pulling black helmets and armor for a while now, and while most have expressed some interest, I've yet to see anything besides one black TM pop up. Not only would it help some of the TX guys, but I think the overall finish would look ten times better than paint. I have to agree the paint job looks slick (literally), but almost too glossy. Btw guys, don't use that H2o crap. Just stick to regular ol' Krylon. Even that fusion stuff to me is crap.

Here's an example of what a black HIPS TE would look like. Much better IMO.----------

I think it's a matter of cost. Buying enough plastic for one kit here or there ups the cost and many don't want to pay. Even FX does them in runs. This is why 99% of all TX's seem to be 100% FX. Hopefully buckets like this will convince many to start moving away to more accurate helmets (even MRCE). And, if we're lucky, perhaps even considering painting their armor.

Us TK's are actually lucky. Every single clone has to be painted, regardless of HIPS or ABS.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Your lid looks fantastic! Kudos.

I painted a white PA Republic Commando black for the first Omega Squad RC (what a pain in the rear to get that approved, but I did) and the only thing I'll add is that as the armor rubs together from trooping, you will scrape through the paint - it's inevitable. Just keep up on post troop touch ups and it'll look great. Painted TXs are approved - I ran it by the LMO and it's in the TX CRL. You just can't have any white showing (slight battle damage/scratching is approved).

I've seen some troopers pack their armor in felt to keep it looking great between troops and I'd advise it.

Kev

TX Det Lead