Do not send money to THG Props

gmoney

I just received my E-11 from THG today after 6 months of waiting... I share duckie's sentiments (and the original poster!)-nearly every piece is riddled with bubbles and holes. The folding stock is missing the end due to a large bubble so the stock won't even be functional. I could go on and on with the issues. I paid close to $200 for this and it is nowhere near what it was advertised on Etsy. I PMd THG pointing out all of the issues and so far no response. I too will chalk this up as a waste of time and money. I was really excited about purchasing a kit as I love prop replicas, costumes, and studio scale models. Could I make this into a nice prop? Sure. But the time and extra materials won't be worth it. The time bugs me the most- the amount I would have to put into it wouldn't make it fun anymore. If anyone has any suggestions for another E-11 vendor, I would appreciate it. Also looking for First Order Stormtrooper weapon vendors as well!

HyperFirm is the go-to for many (including myself).  Most of the same features as the THG ("indestructible" and lightweight, perfect for trooping), just not quite as detailed.  And of course no folding stock.  PM SlaveFive here on FISD or look for one of his threads selling B-grades, and check out their website at www.hfxproductions.com to email Lewis.

• Like 1

I think I would be heart broken if I received something of that quality after handing over that much money. I agree, many of those pieces are not even useable. So sorry you all had to go through this. Best of luck from here.

I got mine in today. Ordered the ESB kit for my TK Commander and mine looks pretty good. It's got some clean up that needs to be done but you get that with any casting. We will see how the build progresses since I plan to make the folding stock functional.

I got mine in today. Ordered the ESB kit for my TK Commander and mine looks pretty good. It's got some clean up that needs to be done but you get that with any casting. We will see how the build progresses since I plan to make the folding stock functional.

Got pics of what you received, to compare to the OP's kit?

does no one believe in quality anymore? There is no excuse for the bubbly castings. Sometimes makers sell their items at a discount marking them "B" or "C" grade. That was a "S" grade for......well....you know

• Like 5

does no one believe in quality anymore? There is no excuse for the bubbly castings. Sometimes makers sell their items at a discount marking them "B" or "C" grade. That was a "S" grade for......well....you know

Shenannigans?  

• Like 3

Ooohhh I know your pain as well fellas! Horrible seller and communicator. I could post pics as well of MANY broken off parts but I'll hold back. And Etsy, well they're just as horrible to get a resolution from let alone actually speak to someone in case resolution. Hated the whole experience. Never buy from THG, ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Feliz

Hi all!

I hate to chime into this conversation, but I will. 

I have a THG E-11. Mine is the uni-body design. I think much like everything else in the Legion, there are pro's and cons to every buy. 

I agree that it took longer than I would have liked, but that is VERY common in the field of props. I have had extended wait times from very popular sellers. So to me, I'm not sure if that is a knock on Ron. 

As far as the cast, mine was not perfect, but it was VERY good. My counter and scope are very crisp pulls (unlike pictured above). I did have a bubble in the screw on the body, but I just replaced it with an actual screw. 

One thing I will say is that I found my version of E-11 VERY VERY VERY VERY hard to paint. I have since found out that using Rub & Buff is better than paint on his older style. I think he addressed it with his new formula, but I wish I would have known. To be fair, I'm not sure if the struggle was due to my inexperience with blaster building, or the product itself. I would just want to note, if you are struggling with the paint, I found that I basically had to let it dry for like 2 months. I'm not a chemist, so I have no idea why. Long story short is that it eventually dried. 

As far as customer support... I'm in the middle of the road. I'll say that Ron is a really nice guy, and he DID try to address all the issues/communications that I had with him. An all out ban is probably a little unfair. I will say that the first blaster body he sent me was a bad pull, and when I addressed him about the issue, he sent me a replacement right away (which meant a lot to me).  

I think the best part of the THG is the detail. A hyperfirm is lighter and easier to deal with for sure. But the cast I got has so many amazing details that carried over from the original gun. Perfect no, but very nice. 

All that being said... if asked by a new trooper about a "low effort" approach to an e-11, unfortunately I probably now recommend a Hyperfirm. THG is suited for a more experienced / seasoned builder.  

Thats horrible, when casting the E11 the mold hasn't been lined up! Did you manage to get a refund on this?

I did but I went through hell with Etsy and THG to get it. Took about 45 days.

As far as customer support... I'm in the middle of the road. I'll say that Ron is a really nice guy, and he DID try to address all the issues/communications that I had with him. An all out ban is probably a little unfair. 

I tend to agree, however I've never witnessed the FISD banning a member over the quality of his work.

I tend to agree, however I've never witnessed the FISD banning a member over the quality of his work.

I don't think anyone is talking about an "official ban".  Merely a FISD member adding his opinion of why a vendor should be approached with caution, and why.

All I see on his FB page is excuse after excuse.  He said he was stuck b/c of the snow? There was 1 inch on the ground.  I see the same people over and over asking for updates and tracking numbers.  I feel bad for anyone who ordered from him especially after seeing the quality.  $200? God damn. For the shucks in those pictures, it should be $2.  This guy SUUUUUUUUCKS.

Edited by ronhoffman2
  • Like 2

I'm sure his intentions were good initially but I'm betting there are some factors involved which lead to all of this. Being overwhelmed with orders, pride, etc. He simply doesn't choose to take responsibility for anything and just be honest with himself. That then trickles down to his customers. He got arrogant to say the least. It's too bad really as these have great potential.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to send out an update... since my defective product was conveniently shipped out seven months past the original purchase date, it is unlikely PayPal will issue a refund as it is past their 45 day policy. His Etsy store is closed, so Etsy will likely not pursue. I sent him an IM a month ago when I received the nightmare E-11 and he did not respond. I sent him an IM last night asking again for a refund.<br>

His response? "You'll get a refund when I have funds to give you a refund." I thought I'd give this guy a chance, but that response is unacceptable. I have an appointment with my attorney today to see if it's worth it to pursue this in small claims, especially since he's not in my state. The fact that this guy treats his customers like garbage, stringing them along form months with excuses of blizzards, illnesses, lost packages, etc. and then ships defective product points out he's nothing but a scam artist.<br>

AND then he's still selling on Facebook! Right now he's selling BSG props for $200, hopefully he will get one person to buy one and then he can give me my $205.<br>

Sorry to vent guys, it's really frustrating. I did nothing wrong. I paid the same day I purchased the product. I was patient. I was respectful in my communications asking for updates. The only mistake I made was purchasing something from THG props. ☹️

Just wanted to send out an update... since my defective product was conveniently shipped out seven months past the original purchase date, it is unlikely PayPal will issue a refund as it is past their 45 day policy. His Etsy store is closed, so Etsy will likely not pursue. I sent him an IM a month ago when I received the nightmare E-11 and he did not respond. I sent him an IM last night asking again for a refund.<br>

His response? "You'll get a refund when I have funds to give you a refund." I thought I'd give this guy a chance, but that response is unacceptable. I have an appointment with my attorney today to see if it's worth it to pursue this in small claims, especially since he's not in my state. The fact that this guy treats his customers like garbage, stringing them along form months with excuses of blizzards, illnesses, lost packages, etc. and then ships defective product points out he's nothing but a scam artist.<br>

AND then he's still selling on Facebook! Right now he's selling BSG props for $200, hopefully he will get one person to buy one and then he can give me my $205.<br>

Sorry to vent guys, it's really frustrating. I did nothing wrong. I paid the same day I purchased the product. I was patient. I was respectful in my communications asking for updates. The only mistake I made was purchasing something from THG props. ☹️

Really painful to hear man. Been in your shoes. Truly sorry for you sir! Best suggestion is to file a claim with your bank. Can't hurt to try.

Great idea Feliz!<br><br>

I did end up finding another E-11. I ended up buying a BlasterMaster 3D printed one. It will be tedious smoothing out the print lines, but everything was perfect and it should assemble well. I ended up getting the electronics kit for light and sound too. I may end up getting a Hyperfirm as well for trooping, not sure how the BlasterMaster one will hold up if I dropped it.<br>

I ended up getting a DL-44 kit from BlasterMaster as well and I love it! Ray was a great guy to work with both times and I will likely purchase my F-11 for my FOST from him as well.