Review: Sideshow (HotToys) Stormtrooper

Daetrin

I finally opened mine after nearly a year in my garage. I got the SpaceTrooper which you can find here:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-spacetrooper-hot-toys-902381/

This is an ANH TK plus the space pack and are only ever seen in the scene where the Falcon is pulled in to the Death Star.

I was surprised at the level of detail on this action figure, if I can call it that. It's more of a miniature replica. The belt is fabric and has all the right stitching details. The thermal detonator is a perfect replica of what we use. I thought the armor would be glued on or something, but there are actual Velcro straps in all the right places to connect the biceps.

You can look at the photos on the website, but they don't do it justice. This little action figure is more faithful to the costumes than what a lot of 501st people wear.

They are not cheap, but they are accurate. I'm pretty happy with mine. What do others think?

spacetrooper_star-wars_gallery_5c4e09005

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 3

The amount of detail is amazing...  Is it still in the box?  The reason I ask is that some rear pics of the pack would be cool to see.

• Like 1

I'll take more pix of the back then.  All of my Sideshow figures are now out of the box - I'm putting my FO TK squad together now.  I know it's a hit to resale, but having them sit in a box unused and unlooked at is not why I bought them.

The FO TK's are not as posable I find, or I'm doing something wrong.  I'll write a report on them next. 

This TK however is really easy to pose and get it to do what I want.  The pack attaches with a magnet so is simple enough, and even the holster strap is magnetic to make that easy.

If you can find one used, you could save some $$ and have a great figure still.

• Like 2

Like Joseph, I'm blown away by the details in it...   Just amazingly beautiful!!

It definitely deserves to be out and on display.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

I have the regular ANH TK. Yes, pictures don't do it justice and definitely needs to be out on display. Because of the price, my intention was to only have this piece, because it's an exact replica of the kit I wear, but I have since bought a couple of more much to the dismay of my pocketbook.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

Edited by emmzone22

When I was younger I kept everything pristine in a box, now I don't care a bit about resale value and have everything out on display.

• Like 2

Hot Toys makes great figures, and their Stormtroopers are excellent.

My Hot Toys Stormtroopers, Spacetrooper and Vader (the Sith Lord is heavily customized with new electronics and repaint to make it ANH screen accurate):

Hot%20Toys%20Darth%20Vader%20ANH%2012_zp

• 3 months later...