Mysterious Blue Stains [AP armor]

I've been finding these strange stains on my armor and cannot figure out the source at all! I've had a few of them and after some tough elbow grease, the best I've done is get them to not be as dark. <br><br>

I've tried rubbing my gloves, boot soles, holster, compression suit, etc. on the inside of the armor to test possible suspects, but I can't recreate them either. I'm at a loss. I've even separated pieces and they still find a way of coming back. <br><br>

Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea where it's coming from?

post-26490-0-25995500-1473461128_thumb.jpg

I had some armor wrapped in a black cloth and in some places it bled into the plastic, didn't realise at first and thought it was just marks from trooping.

• Like 1

Interesting, I have AP armour I bought approx 3 years ago and it has yellow stains or actually a logo of some description appearing in more and more places over time. I found the only way to get rid of them was to sand them off, then use Novus Polish 1, 2 and 3 to try and bring it back to a glossy finish.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had some armor wrapped in a black cloth and in some places it bled into the plastic, didn't realise at first and thought it was just marks from trooping.

I've been keeping the pieces wrapped in bubble wrap in my container and laying a towel over the top. Everything is separated and I still find them. It's very strange.

Interesting, I have AP armour I bought approx 3 years ago and it has yellow stains or actually a logo of some description appearing in more and more places over time. I found the only way to get rid of them was to sand them off, then use Novus Polish 1, 2 and 3 to try and bring it back to a glossy finish.

Ā 

Ā 

Wow! That's very interesting! I think I'm going to message Mark about it and see what he says. Do you have images of the logo it's making? Is it the same all over??

Ā 

This is exactly what I've been doing too. It doesn't remove them, but it dulls it a bit and I just chalk it up to battle damage... but I'd rather not have them at all.

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting....<br><br>

I was thinking Rick it might be the blaster too. I have a hyperfirm and just leave it floating around the bin. Did you ever get one?

Nope. lol I didn't get mine yet. I had some car trouble immediately after my move that slowed me down. Lol So, for me it's not that, and I would assume it may be something else on yours too.

Ā 

I forget, Jorge, yours is AP too, right?

• Like 1

Nope. lol I didn't get mine yet. I had some car trouble immediately after my move that slowed me down. Lol So, for me it's not that, and I would assume it may be something else on yours too.

Ā 

I forget, Jorge, yours is AP too, right?

Yeah AP. I did spy some of these mystery stains on another set of armor at last night's troop. It's got to be partly due to the black undersuit.

Ā 

sent from my phone

Edited by zv288bot
  • Like 1

"black" cloth isn't black. It's always dark red, dark blue, or dark green.

Ā 

Either your cloth gloves are bleeding when sweaty, a foam or cloth padding in a storage bin is bleeding when damp from sweaty armour, the black material from undergarments, socks, neckseal , balaclava is bleeding.

Ā 

Just yesterday, for example, one of our at at drivers was trying to figure out what was staining his new grey jumpsuit yellow. Looked like random bleaching, but in straight lines and only on arms, legs, chest, random spots. He used mattress foam from Walmart to line his carry bin...same colour, and that foam isn't microfibre and very prone to colour transfer.

• Like 2

Well if there's noneĀ on the helmets then definitely something that rubbed on the armor is leaving those stains because the helmets are made from same exact plastic.

Ā 

Mark (AP)

Ā 

Good call...Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Either your cloth gloves are bleeding when sweaty, a foam or cloth padding in a storage bin is bleeding when damp from sweaty armour, the black material from undergarments, socks, neckseal , balaclava is bleeding.

Ā 

Just yesterday, for example, one of our at at drivers was trying to figure out what was staining his new grey jumpsuit yellow. Looked like random bleaching, but in straight lines and only on arms, legs, chest, random spots. He used mattress foam from Walmart to line his carry bin...same colour, and that foam isn't microfibre and very prone to colour transfer.

Ā 

Ditto...

Wow so I have one of those "stains" on one of my MTK shoulder bells and it was driving me crazy for a while.Ā  Had no idea where it came from.Ā  Its like a 3" line on the outside of my shoulder bell.Ā  Now I just look at it, get annoyed and just troop anyway.Ā  I figured I would just eventually get around to replacing it.Ā  But now thinking about it, maybe it does come from the Hyperfirm?Ā  I sometimes put it in my bin with the armor and not in the tray in my stanley box.Ā  Maybe this could be it?Ā  I don't wrap the hyperfirm and I just throw it in the bin like a dummy.Ā  The only other things I have in there besides armor is my undersuit and neckseal.Ā  But those are always in the tray and don't touch the armor.Ā  Interesting...

• Like 2

Well if there's noneĀ on the helmets then definitely something that rubbed on the armor is leaving those stains because the helmets are made from same exact plastic.

Ā 

Mark (AP)

This is true! And I don't have any on the helmet.

Ā 

I figure that something is rubbing off onto it, but I can't seem to figure out what it is. I've tried recreating it inside the armor to test and no luck yet. Ā Also I've been separating things in my bin with bubble wrap and they still show. This is a tough one!Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for the help!

that's weird, if novus doesn't work wet sand using 1000 grit sandpaper, then 1500 then polish with Novus or any car compound buffing cream.

Ā 

Mark (AP)

I've done exactly this and the best it does (for me) is dull the color so that it's not so dark. These suckers are pesky!

Ā 

Ā 

Totally. It has to be one of the black pieces to the costume (I assume), but I can't find what it is. I have a few of them on different parts of the armor, including the butt plate. I have no clue what's causing them. I've tried putting things I think it it into the inside of the armor to see if I can make it happen there too, but no luck. The search continues.

• Like 1

Yeah AP. I did spy some of these mystery stains on another set of armor at last night's troop. It's got to be partly due to the black undersuit.

Ā 

sent from my phone

That's what I first thought too, but why don't they appear on the inside of the armor then?

• Like 1

Totally. It has to be one of the black pieces to the costume (I assume), but I can't find what it is. I have a few of them on different parts of the armor, including the butt plate. I have no clue what's causing them. I've tried putting things I think it it into the inside of the armor to see if I can make it happen there too, but no luck. The search continues.

Easy way to tell...all the soft parts should be washable...fill a sink with hot water and soak each for ten minutes then hand wring out. Something will need. I throw a white towel into the bin and my dark parts on top.
  • Like 1