Any Black Hole Troopers?

Share your pix? Would love to see some of our stealthy brethren. Anyone "cross dress" and willing to share some show-off pix?

I've seen a pic of a dude wearing fem TK armor...does that count?

Ā 

I have a couple of bucket kits on the way and the first one is gonna be a Blackhole Stormy.

There'll be pics and a thread I'm sure. Ive been waiting on the kits 4 ever.

I was thinking about getting some black armor, but then I wouldn't be able to hang out with you guys :lol:

Ā 

The closest thing to blackhole trooper armor I have is a blackhole trooper Lego mini-fig. Maybe I can send in a photo of my stormtrooper army with my blackhole troopers :lol:

Posted in another thread but here are a couple of pics of mine BH: FX need alot of molding work to get it right and the helmet makes a good planter if you turn it upside down (j/k , just not a fan o fthe FX helmet). Still working on getting the legs rights. A nicer bucket makes all the difference.

Ā 

xMR6LkD.jpg

Aren't the lens supposed to be silver?

Ā 

Silver or dark green are both approved (original source, a comic from 1978 has in fact dark lenses

208147974.jpg

Also in the 2nd reference the Crimson Empire comic series

Ā 

After that, most collectibles have been made with mirror lenses (Gentle Giant, Mater Replicas)

Ā 

Going back to the original post, your TX looks great!!!

Here are some pics of mine

235091299.jpg

235091285.jpg

235092520.jpg

235091292.jpg

sigtxbetacopy.jpg

TKsigcopy.jpg

Yay, I've just finished putting mine together ... here it is ...

---------

Hope you like. Using my MR Ltd Ed helmet for the time being until my TM one eventually turns up. Don't think I'll actually dare to troop in the MR lid though ... it cost me way too much!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

TK2233 said:
Hope you like. Using my MR Ltd Ed helmet for the time being until my TM one eventually turns up. Don't think I'll actually dare to troop in the MR lid though ... it cost me way too much!

Ā 

Yeah I would think you were insane if you had.

Ā 

Speaking of Shadows, have you guys seen the exclusive shadow trooper mighty mugg?

Ā 

normally I hate those things, but i know a smart design when I see one.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Thanks for the heads up on that mighty mugg James.

Ā 

TK 2233, you make sure to let me know if and when you decide to part ways with your TM, mmkay?

Ā 

I need to get some better pics taken of my blackie, but you can take a look at a few of my pics here.

TK 2233, you make sure to let me know if and when you decide to part ways with your TM, mmkay?

Ā 

Ā 

OK buddy ... but don't hold your breath eh? ;)

Ā 

Trying to make out what your armour is. Looks really good. Care to tell all?

Black Hole/Stealth Troopers Unite!

Ā 

------------

Ā 

Photo taken at the historic Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego.

Edited by gmrhodes13

OK buddy ... but don't hold your breath eh? ;)

Nah, not gonna hold my breath on that one. That's the kinda armor you wanna hang on to.

Ā 

Trying to make out what your armour is. Looks really good. Care to tell all?

Thanks for the compliment, the pics on my link show my white TM armor w/SDS helmet, and the black hole TK is an older TE I picked up back in 04' for something like $600-650, before the demand and subsequent price got outta hand. Of course like some of you guys are already familiar with, it took me over a year to get my TE, but could'nt tell ya how happy I was to finally get it. Of course it took me almost another year of exercise to be able to fit into it decently. I still ended up having to shim the thigh armor, which I'm thinking about revisiting and fixing up a bit. I'd actually considered painting my TE "bacta" white to use as a TD, and either use my GF to take over the black hole position, or just save up and hope I can get my hands on a black TM like yours. I've also got a MR shadow stormtrooper helmet like yours that I'd seriously considered trooping in on special occasions. Yeah, I'm all about playing with my toys.

Thanks for the inspiration as well. With my TK completed, I'm now starting to work on the Stealth and these pics remind me why.

Ā 

Ā 

Robert

Ā 

yeah...it's sweet armor man!!!!! i'm just about done with the helmet, though i need to put the brow line on!!!!! what did everyone use to coat the silver on the frown with???? Enamel/ finish?????

hey bacta, what kind of boots do you have for yours?????

Ā 

Ā 

I actually just used an old pair of white CAboots and used an automotive leather and vinyl spray paint. Worked great at first, but started to crack, perhaps because I did nothing to prep the boot to begin with. I'll eventually get myself another pair that are shiny black to begin with, but at the time when I painted mine, it was the cheapest route, and worked well enough.