Any Black Hole Troopers?

I just got my TX armor yesterday and will begin assembly soon, I'll show off those pics once they're up.... now I just need to find someplace that sells underarmor leggings (my patience has now past waiting on shipping :D

I'm in the process of rebuilding my suit after years of abuse (removing all the old velcro and fixing the scratches from 5+ years of trooping). I'll post my pics when I'm done later this week - it better look fantastic as I'm the Spec Ops DL. ;)

What kind of armor is this, its awesome! Best TX I have ever seen!!

Absolutely! Great to see more Stealth Troopers move to more accurate looking armor :D

Kev - I know what you mean. As DL of FISD I had to set the example too which is why I went TE2. I'm sure your TX when done will be fantastic!

Great sharing guys - these are great :D

I've been trying to figure out whether I'm going to paint my TX or just use the vinyl... if I paint the helmet then I will also cut out the "grill" type pieces, black screen the back and add fans to provide a functional vent.

If anyone thinks that mod will keep it from being 501st ready please let me know. I think it would look really crisp, neat, and of course very functional. I want a suit that looks like it could actually be used.

I've been trying to figure out whether I'm going to paint my TX or just use the vinyl... if I paint the helmet then I will also cut out the "grill" type pieces, black screen the back and add fans to provide a functional vent.

If anyone thinks that mod will keep it from being 501st ready please let me know. I think it would look really crisp, neat, and of course very functional. I want a suit that looks like it could actually be used.

Definately drill between the teeth and then enlarge the holes to shape carefully them using needle files. Try to get the right shape though by following lots of reference pics. Then mask it all off and spray the teeth silver. AFAICS Humbrol #11 looks like a good match to my MR. Once that's done you'll need to put black screen at the back too. Lots of options here, but I use black-sprayed window screen.

This will certainly not keep it from being 501st approved. In fact, over here, if I didn't cut out the gaps between the teeth, it wouldn't get approved.

Then you've got to ask yourself about the colour of other details. I believe that standard TK decals are 501st approved colours, but to my eye, dark blue on black just doesn't look right (i.e. the tube stripes). Nope, I'm going the way of the MR Ltd Ed lid and using matt black decals throughout: tube stripes, teardrops and the ones around the crown. Matt black for the vocoder and ear tips.

Good luck buddy. Post pics eh?

I was always gonna cut the teeth out. What I'm referring to are the other decals on the cheek and back of the helmet. There are black lines which I assume simulate a grill. I was going to paint that and then cut out the lines for a functional grill backed the same way as the front. I may be started a trend here :D

If that won't be approved I won't do it and I'll save that for a display piece. I'll start another thread showing progress but here's a teaser of the test fit using tape.

LAMPSHADE!

Helmet003.jpg

• 2 months later...