Fieldmarshall build

fieldmarshall

Its a real gun part. Very rare German gun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Cool to know.  Wish I would have collected stuff like this a long while back. Could make a fortune off of these things.

(...)    Going to be A LOT OF PROFILE MACHINING

IMG_3723_zpsddqnebvl.jpg

Indeed. Maybe it would be easier to use the same method as shown below for the folding stock. Just a thought...

IMG_3737_zpsw87ulphm.jpg

Edited by T-Jay

The first one is from a WW2 grease gun,,, it is very rare and was used on the Hans dl44 Greedo killer 

Aye, that one is from a greasegun. Somehow rarer than newer stuff, but not really "rare". Everyone i know who wanted one, found one (with a little bit of patience). Prices covered roughly the area from 20-70 USD.

The one from the Han ANH hero is much rarer. The MG 81 was mostly used on planes, and so the stubby flashhider was the more common one, not really a flashhider, more a endcap with a hole. The one used for the blaster (the known one with holes) is a really rare piece

• Like 1

Aye, that one is from a greasegun. Somehow rarer than newer stuff, but not really "rare". Everyone i know who wanted one, found one (with a little bit of patience). Prices covered roughly the area from 20-70 USD.

The one from the Han ANH hero is much rarer. The MG 81 was mostly used on planes, and so the stubby flashhider was the more common one, not really a flashhider, more a endcap with a hole. The one used for the blaster (the known one with holes) is a really rare piece

Yeah finding a original mg81 flash hider is a daunting task.... im sure very few made it to the states.... The grease gun flash hider wasn't used very much and was not made with the same quality as the mg 81. This one has been kept clean and dry I bet most have rusted away.  You do not see a lot of pictures of the grease gun using the flash hider.. Every mg81 had one

• Like 1

Yeah finding a original mg81 flash hider is a daunting task.... im sure very few made it to the states.... The grease gun flash hider wasn't used very much and was not made with the same quality as the mg 81. This one has been kept clean and dry I bet most have rusted away. You do not see a lot of pictures of the grease gun using the flash hider.. Every mg81 had one

When I first joined the Army in 1993 our units tracked vehicle mechanics still carried "grease guns" part of the BII (required equipment that goes with the item) was the flash hider. Our armored was constantly misplacing and ordering new ones mostly because we never had them mounted on the weapon. When we finally turned them in we found dozens of them all over the supply room and weapons vault. We turned in 4 with the weapons as required and the rest got tossed in the metal recycling on post! Had I known I would have grabbed these up!!

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Jim - TK50899

• Like 1

When I first joined the Army in 1993 our units tracked vehicle mechanics still carried "grease guns" part of the BII (required equipment that goes with the item) was the flash hider. Our armored was constantly misplacing and ordering new ones mostly because we never had them mounted on the weapon. When we finally turned them in we found dozens of them all over the supply room and weapons vault. We turned in 4 with the weapons as required and the rest got tossed in the metal recycling on post! Had I known I would have grabbed these up!!

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Jim - TK50899

Yes we need a crystal ball!

• Like 1

Great PICs,,, is that your mauser?  Your right i'm having no luck in the correct scope dept when it comes to the dl44  . what model is that?

Aye, but the most had this variant (pic taken from www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/ ):

MG%2081%20Seitenansicht.jpg

So the Solo variant is really rare.

For the Greedo Killer it´s way more difficult to find the correct scope, in relation to this the Greasegun flashhider is easy game.  ;)

Commission009.jpg

Great PICs,,, is that your mauser?  Your right i'm having no luck in the correct scope dept when it comes to the dl44  . what model is that?

I think i can machine the shape of the flash hider pretty easily,,, But that old stamped and folded wing nut is going to be a pain (slave Leia)

IMG_4282_zpsqlf3heuh.jpg 

Edited by fieldmarshall

No, i made it for someone else, but it´s the best pic of the GK i have. It´s long shipped to the US. But all the pics in my photobucket are mine or made by me.

My own old Greedokiller is long sold, the "new" one is still in parts (with a more accurate grill). One of the many many projects i have the correct parts, but still need to do the build.

In ANH Han had 2 blasters, the widely known "hero" - real Mauser, bullbarrel, MG 81 flashhider, real but still unknown scope-bracket, Hensoldt Wetzlar (WW1 sniper) scope, Tomtit model kit Airplane cylinders as cooling grill. Here´s mine (old pic, need to redo the grill):

knurledknobsANH-Heromount001.jpg

The one in the middle i´ve used on this blaster:

Hensoldt2014.jpg

The other one, the Greedo Killer called one, was build on a MGC Mauser - original barrel with grease gun flashhider, prop department shopmade scopebracket, compaq scope, and a made or modified cooling part for the grill.

On the GK above i used the real one in the middle (top is a resincast, bottom a frankenscope i made/machined using real scope parts)

Scope001.jpg

For my coming GK build i found a real Compaq, but a slighly different model (longer adjustment area).

In ESB they used the here discussed M19 - on real Mausers (Luke and Han Bespin) and MGC (Han Hoth).

My Hoth MGC with real M19:

ESBHoth001_zpsa44a2017.jpg

And in ROTJ they used MGC for the main blaster, with a frankenscope (real rear bell and machined front) to resemble the way a M19 looks, with a machined bracket and different Greeblies.

ROTJ-MGC001.jpg

Here a general overview i made some time ago, but as you see not all are completely finished then:

MGC-basedblasters002.jpg

But that´s just the main guns - they used many more variants.

• Like 2

Was working with a FX company in Atlanta today , they are using some of my Launchers in a new movie.. The" FX GUY" was modifying the outside appearance and kept using the word “Nerney”   

I finally ask what that meant  , He said when he works in europe they call them “Greebs” Hollywood calls them Nerny...  

Michael , those Greebs /nernys on those blasters are very well done.. Did you make those mounts for the scopes?

Magnificent !!!!!!! I cant wait to do those one day,, Im keeping my eyes open for those scopes  .... Are you still building anything???

Sure - the list of my started but unfinished props is probably longer than the finished one.  :laugh1: (Working 12 hours a day and having a house and garden doesn´t really help.)

Just some examples i have the (most) parts for, but still need to be build:

Rebuild of my ANH Han GK, ESB Han Hoth

Make a MerrSonn from another of my MGCs, maybe also a ESB Bespin (Luke or Han)

Leia´s ANH blaster from a real Margolin (already have her ROTJ from a real one)

2 more Sterlings to convert, havn´t decided what version yet (ANH is build, from all real parts).

Chewbaccas OT Bowcaster from real parts

Metal replica MG34 needs to be converted to DLT-19

Jawa Ion gun from a real Lee-Enfield with real grenade cup

More versions of the Jabbas palaceguard blaster

2 ANH Hero Macrobinoculars, 1 ANH Stunt Macrobinocular

Jedi Training remote

Vader Helmet

Anovos OT trooper

Finishing my Yoda saber

Several OT stunt sabers (i love the uncommon stuff, not as boring as what everyone already has)

Some other sabers (Luke ROTJ, TFA Graflex and Lukes)

Build the Deathstar Detention Block Camera

Started buying parts for a aluminium Astromech

Want to build a Treadwell droid for decades.

I´m sure i forgot a lot that´s stashed away.  :blink:

• Like 1

Was working with a FX company in Atlanta today , they are using some of my Launchers in a new movie.. The" FX GUY" was modifying the outside appearance and kept using the word “Nerney”   

I finally ask what that meant  , He said when he works in europe they call them “Greebs” Hollywood calls them Nerny...  

Michael , those Greebs /nernys on those blasters are very well done.. Did you make those mounts for the scopes?

I know them as "greeblies".  :lol:

Thanks. Some of them are the real parts as used bythe prop team, but i also like "upgrading/idealising", so i remade some plastic kit parts from metal.

Hoth and GK are made by myself, ROTJ and ANH Hero i don´t needed to make as i got them via friends (not any actual run parts).

• Like 1

As Chris said, very impressive work. Must have been a bit ad to flatten that stock but it was not in vain. Sometimes you have to do the unthinkable before you can move ahead. At least you have a healthy stock of spares!

• Like 1