Fieldmarshall build

fieldmarshall

got another m38 1943 today

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh634/fieldmarshall1942/IMG_3575_zpsuyf6rn4s.jpg

Just set up a new photo bucket,,,, ill get some more pic up this week end

Chris when posting pics here on the forum, just click on the small image icon at the top of the text box and copy and paste the image link into the pop up window. Then your images will display directly here in your build thread.
  • Like 1

Sorry Chris I will get some pics up of those scope mounting screws soon, just haven't had time to do it. By the way, you mentioned on your blog you acquired two M19 scopes. That is amazing. Are they the same regarding the side light socket? Or do you now have the full circle and cut circle version as well? And now a 1943 M38. Super effort going out to get these scopes. Seemed really hard to come by anything these days but you managed to prove that wrong. I admire your spirit!

I think they both have the cut light socket with the clip.... IMG_3579_zpsa7jsexve.jpg

Edited by fieldmarshall

I was talking to Chris about those periscopes yesterday, if you read the list on the right in that image above a few posts up. You can see only the main gunner's periscope on the turret actually has these telescopes inside of them, the other periscopes do not. #31 at the bottom right of the image above lists an M4 type periscope with the M38 telescope, where as #5 and #13 list M6 type periscopes which do not include the telescope inside. Because of this those M6 type periscopes are much more common and they pop up for sale more often and much cheaper everywhere, even on eBay. There were also more M6 type periscopes manufactured per tank, and only one M4 type periscope per tank which is another reason why they are less common.

Couple of periscopes I recently found  IMG_3589_zps9lmc9r1a.jpg

• Like 3

I got my capacitors and scope yesterday. They look awesome. I see why you didn't bore out the tube so you could screw it together. I haven't tried yet to see if my real m38 lenses fit in it. But if they do and you can ever find a way to make your scope completely hollow you will win the scope world.

Got ahold of some m19 scopes,, ive started on that build... going to make them functional if all possible

IMG_3579_zpsa7jsexve.jpg

f10a7158-26b8-4236-b635-7d82e18da9c3_zps

Edited by fieldmarshall

Hi Chris here are the mounting screws I am looking to source for the M38 and M19.   Boba Debt on the RPF forum had made some for his last blaster run but mentioned they were pricey to make. I am hoping to find something similar but not too expensive. Some of the hardware ends up costing more than the resin scope itself. Scope%20Mounting%20Screws%202016_zpshchj

Edited by Bulldog44

Yep i was afraid of that lol    That screw is not made anymore from what i can tell.... Maybe i can make them...

Ill get a guy i know that has a swiss screw machine and see what he thinks about reproducing them..  You could use them in your production scopes too...

Hi Chris here are the mounting screws I am looking to source for the M38 and M19.   Boba Debt on the RPF forum had made some for his last blaster run but mentioned they were pricey to make. I am hoping to find something similar but not too expensive. Some of the hardware ends up costing more than the resin scope itself. Scope%20Mounting%20Screws%202016_zpshchj

Thanks for looking into this. Yes, I would certainly be interested in mounting screws for my kits. Looking forward to hearing if your friend can produce the two types and hopefully within reasonable cost. Cheers!

Do you mean the hex ones in the 2 bottom photos? From my M19 scope.  Really? you can make those? awesome? Is it expensive to produce them? Can you make the M38 ones too?

I have heard from Boba Debt there are variations of the mounting screws on the M19 scopes. not sure why. 

• Like 1

Last week I received my Metalmite capacitor replicas in the mail, after customs held them for two weeks. Even though my real capacitors are slightly different size and type I told Chris I would take some comparison photos anyways. Here are Chris' replicas next to my real vintage capacitors.

image_zpszjoxjhw8.jpeg

image_zpsjylc6l8p.jpeg

Aaron's photos serve as a better comparison than mine as his capacitors are the same type CP30S where are mine are type CP31N.

30115118255_e9a67d63d6_b.jpg

30115118335_8a85e44e7f_b.jpg

• Like 1