Fieldmarshall build

fieldmarshall

We need to get some pictures of everyone scopes and figure out all the different screws,,,, ill go thru my collection tomorrow ...    Lol

We have a mission..

Okay, here are the screws from my 1943 M38.  Slotted cheese head with a shoulder just like the others.

There is an interesting glossy black coating on the tip of the threaded end on both, looks more like an epoxy type material than paint.

M38_Screws_zpsbvuf6ioh.jpg

• Like 2

Version3    Henry,,, keep in mind these are the 5mm like Andy does not the fatter ones like you have .( I should make the bigger ones too, they look great)  This is just the first side, im going to change the radius on side two to be more like the randomness of the hand made originals we have..  

CLOSE-UP_RESISTOR_comparison_zpseokvdtxq

Last week I received my Metalmite capacitor replicas in the mail, after customs held them for two weeks. Even though my real capacitors are slightly different size and type I told Chris I would take some comparison photos anyways. Here are Chris' replicas next to my real vintage capacitors.

image_zpszjoxjhw8.jpeg

image_zpsjylc6l8p.jpeg

Aaron's photos serve as a better comparison than mine as his capacitors are the same type CP30S where are mine are type CP31N.

30115118255_e9a67d63d6_b.jpg

30115118335_8a85e44e7f_b.jpg

• Like 1

They used a really nice blk oxide im sure...  most of my screws are the same.

Okay, here are the screws from my 1943 M38.  Slotted cheese head with a shoulder just like the others.

There is an interesting glossy black coating on the tip of the threaded end on both, looks more like an epoxy type material than paint.

M38_Screws_zpsbvuf6ioh.jpg

Edited by fieldmarshall

Version3    Henry,,, keep in mind these are the 5mm like Andy does not the fatter ones like you have .( I should make the bigger ones too, they look great)  This is just the first side, im going to change the radius on side two to be more like the randomness of the hand made originals we have..  

CLOSE-UP_RESISTOR_comparison_zpseokvdtxq

If you're going to change the radius on side two maybe try to use the red side of the capacitor on the left side of this image as an example, the edge is also a bit sharper on the red side than it is on the black.

• Like 1

Yeah ,, i see  what your saying. ill post anther picture when i get both side painted and the logo on it... Ive got my cnc doing both sharp and the radius profile..

It will give it a sense of reality....LOL   The paint adds to the radius too.... hard to control

If you're going to change the radius on side two maybe try to use the red side of the capacitor on the left side of this image as an example, the edge is also a bit sharper on the red side than it is on the black

Edited by fieldmarshall

NEW version of the 5mm    ,   metalmite with different radius ends....I just overlaid the old version its NOT TO SCALE!!!  I just wanted to show the end change i made....

CLOSE-UP_RESISTOR_E112_zpsswj4mxsh.jpg

I just overlaid this its not to scale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0Lighten:

Metalmite replica received!  :)

THANK YOU CHRIS!

This is a BEAUTIFULLY machined part and the caps are painted with incredible precision.

Considering the rarity of originals, these are WELL WORTH every penny for a complete set.

Here's a little game:

Which one is the replica?

30115118335_8a85e44e7f_b.jpg

30115118255_e9a67d63d6_b.jpg

Edited by fieldmarshall

Our unit provided training for Shia LeBouf prior to the filming of this movie. He sat next to me each afternoon while did our daily update briefing with the Battalion Commander. Got to wish him a happy birthday, which he spent tromping all over Gowen Field Idaho with us!

Jim - TK50899

Cool story :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...