Nukems ANH Stunt Build thread! (AP)

So BBB day finally arrived last monday! I know.. a little slow on the thread start buts its been a busy week with tattoos and Lasik surgery as well. 

The picture everyone waits to be able to take! Mark at AP was great to work with and the process was easy!

20160613_110141.jpg

I took stock of everything in the box and just stood there for a hour or 2 wondering how to start

20160613_121623.jpg

I decided to start with the thermal Detonator since it seems to be the best and most forgiving piece of the whole project

20160613_144509.jpg

I cant wait to get home from work to get some more done on it. Its hard to not pull every piece back out of the box and jump around from piece to piece. Have to keep reminding myself slow and steady.. 

while I was waiting I also built a hearing assist board and got a Anker 10k MAH battery pack(learned quite a bit about soldering) and that the battery packs have a minimum draw to stay on so ill have to rig up a splitter with a USB stick to make it run. 

20160605_212320.jpg

Ill add some more pics tonight!

Mike

Edited by nukem25rs
  • Like 4

I think I have the thermal detonator completed.. It measures at exactly 7.5 inches<br>

Based on a few builds I was looking at and the originals image it looks to be good<br><br>

Having trouble uploading the pics.. I'll get em in the morning..

Edited by nukem25rs
  • Like 1

ok hopefully these pics work! Thermal det in all its glory! Apparently photo bucket doesnt like to copy image URLS on my cell phone all to much.. 

20160616_182317.jpg

20160616_182327.jpg

• Like 1

This is quoted from another forum- 

Marcel
Sorry mate, I didn't mean to stir things up, it was just an observation sad.gif
I'm only going by what I've seen on screen used suits and to me the one in your photo
looked a wee bit long, didn't know it was an SDS but I think AA might of miscalculated
it a little bit

I think you can work it out roughly by taking the proportions / dimentions that you know
to be a constant. So if you look at the screen shot of the back of the stoormtrooper we
can safely say that the rectangular section that follows through from the kidney plate to
the butt is a known measurement, so from that you can work out as near as possible what
the TD size should roughly be.

Stormtrooperback.jpgButtgapwide.jpg

BTS3.jpg
TDMesurements2.jpg

BillhagButt-split.jpg
tmtdsmall.jpg

Mate, if you're happy with it then leave it, you don't have to create more work for yourself smile.gif
but if you want it more screen accurate then its break out the Dremmel I'm afraid

Hope this as helped in some way smile.gif

Edited by nukem25rs

got my abs back and cods are rough trimmed, Just waiting till i can smooth the edges on the sander. 

I also recieved my order from trooper bay today  :duim:

2016-06-17%2020.52.21.jpg

as for the tattoos.. here is a tease!

2016-06-14%2018.48.11.jpg

2016-06-14%2018.47.54.jpg

I'm working on a full sleeve.. 

• Like 2

I got the frown and eyes cut out.. Wondering if i need to remove more on the openings of the frown or not? i still need to file out more on the eyes

2016-06-20%2018.10.32.jpg

2016-06-20%2018.10.22.jpg

thanks, 

Mike

Finally moved along and got some work done on the bucket. My kiddo is out of school so he wants to do projects too(currently building the Destiny hunters knife from punished props designs) Got all the paint and decals on but the tube stripes, ears and hovis mounted. Been comparing to a lot of the centurion builds. Anyone see anything that may need fixing or adjustment. Didn't think it would be that  hard just to get the ears aligned with the 2 halves of the bucket!! 

2016-06-27%2016.28.03.jpg
2016-06-272016.27.27.jpg
2016-06-272016.27.45.jpg
2016-06-272016.27.37.jpg

Thanks!!
Mike 
  • Like 2

Thanks! Yeah that really really helped.. Just took a little bit of adjustment on the bucket side to get everything to sit smoothly.

Edited by nukem25rs

• 2 weeks later...

Looking great! Nice job on the ears! AP makes them really easy with the trim line I found. The frown is way nice too!

I second that! I was a bit apprehensive to trim mine all the way to the line but yours turned out great! Are those the decals or did you paint? Either way, those look great, too.

I finally got my bucket(minus electronics) completed this week. even added a velcrod in hard hat liner for some stability. Worked on the ab rivets and cod snaps and rivet. Placed some snaps on the ab and butt plates. Im hoping to get the entire body section completed in the next week or so. Im having a hard time deciding if i want to just do the standard elastic connection with the rivets or do a sheet of rubber with elastic as well in case the rubber rips.  :yoda:

Mike

20160711_155203.jpg

20160711_155155.jpg

20160712_165351.jpg

20160712_165409.jpg

20160712_165417.jpg

Nice job on the bucket. Are you going to paint some rank bars on the ears?

Your tattoo's look great too! :duim:

Def still have to do that! Gotta drill out for the hearing assist still then ill paint.. Just trying to decide what bar to paint. <br>

And Ty! Eventually it will be an entire battle sleeve!

As i am fairly ADD when it comes to projects... I got to work on my belt, shoulder bells and kidney to AB connection. I went with a tab system to lock the kidney in place- I got the torso just about done and put everything on and had way to much of a gap at my back on the top of the kidney plate..So now i have to pull all the rivets and move the snap plates for the clam shell connection. My GF and I had thought we measured it all out correctly but I guess not.. At least its about 13MM on each side so i will take the edge off just past the rivet holes  :blink:

2016-07-19%2021.03.03.jpg
2016-07-19%2021.02.41.jpg
2016-07-19%2021.02.32.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

finally have some new pics to post. hard to keep up with posting with everything else going on in the summer! got the entire torso pretty much done and working into the arms now. 

2016-07-31%2018.36.29.jpg
2016-07-31%2018.36.11.jpg

2016-07-31%2018.35.50.jpg
Edited by nukem25rs

• 1 month later...

So i finally have some progress to show. I realize i'm just not good at keeping up with pictures as i get deep into a project. I finally was able to put everything on together and test fit some it.

I know the thighs are hanging to low(I still need to make the belt and strap them up) 

the rivets on the Knee pack still need to be painted. 

I am also curious how people connect the forearm to the bicep. is it inside the elbow or outside the elbow? and just standard 1 inch elastic?

I wanted to get these out so i can get some critique of what may need to be adjusted or could be done better. 

Thanks in advance!

Mike

20160921_212421.jpg
20160921_212342.jpg
20160921_212309.jpg
20160921_212304.jpg
20160921_212251.jpg
  • Like 1

I am also curious how people connect the forearm to the bicep. is it inside the elbow or outside the elbow? and just standard 1 inch elastic?

I attached mine using the method Ukswrath shows here.  I've seen the elastics placed on the inside of the arm (along where the arm folds) as well as on the outside of the elbow.   I've also seen elastic size range between 1" and 2" used.  Ukswrath used 1.5" elastic in the tutorial, so that's what I used as well.    

• Like 1