i'm so confused

vrblasasn

okay few questions here. and if this is already posted somewhere else i'm sorry! with the upside down ab plate or what ever, how would you go about doing that? is it something simple or do you have to get it casted like that? and i understand what it says about the shoulder being round, but i honestly cant see the diff. is that something else that has to be casted or can it be modified to look like that. what i'm getting at, is i'm about to buy a ANH armor, can that be modified to look ROTJ or do you have to find it specificly made as a ROTJ?

I had a GF suit awhile back and I 'think' that the buttons on the ab were in the form of a plate that was glued on, so you could put it on upside-down if you want.

Ultimately I think you'll need to ask your armor supplier. The one tricky thing I can think of is that the ROTJ armor has the ridges/outlines around parts of the armor that the ANH doesn't. That would be a pain to duplicate.

Phil

Bernard, our only ROTJ elite, cut out the FX button box and reattached it up-side-down. He made a build thread that is buried in the depths, a quick search should turn it up.

TE2 also comes with the ab plate cover as a separate item, so it's just as easy and putting it on the other way.

Height wise you are fine for AP, gut wise hmmm. At 5'9" and 200lbs, you'll need some serious shims, but then again, I think you would have to shim FX a lot too.

• 2 months later...
TE2 also comes with the ab plate cover as a separate item, so it's just as easy and putting it on the other way.

yeah but isn't the back plate split with the TE2? where as it should be solid for ROTJ :unsure:

yeah but isn't the back plate split with the TE2? where as it should be solid for ROTJ :unsure:

It's more fair to say that all TK armor should have a separate butt and kidney plate, thus so does TE2 being accurate. ROTJ armor has a solid back piece, as does FX.

So...if you want to use TE2 armor for ROTJ you'd have to fuse them together.