MR-CE Helmet mods done

Well, around a month ago I got one of these MR-CE's and got right to work on it. It's finally done and I'm pleased with the results. It was a full top to bottom re-paint. The frown seam was filled with plastic welder and sanded level. The whole front faceplate is basically one piece of plastic now. The mold lines were all sanded off. Teeth were enlarged greatly over stock. Ears were chopped to make them closer to the helmet. New brow and neck trim. New dark green lenses. And I can't leave out the great decals from Mark, they really set off the whole deal.

Thanks go out to everyone that posted the great build up pictures and howto's on here :salute:

On the left is an untouched CE, and on the right is the modded bucket without the trap / tear decals.

C1AzLK9.jpg

feYD4Zg.jpg

Pictures of the completed bucket.

dN6ltJT.jpg

aKerzzP.jpg

8EhcgHb.jpg

FhOpb6K.jpg

Very nice!

Im doing a full blown mod liek wannabe's and my ears finally arrived so Im stoked. I like how yours turned out and I still have another CE to mod..soooooooooooo..... :)

I like your use of teh plastic welder...good idea...i used epoxy, bondo etc on mine but teh welder sounds like a great way to do the frown

Mobus said:
Well, around a month ago I got one of these MR-CE's and got right to work on it. It's finally done and I'm pleased with the results. It was a full top to bottom re-paint. The frown seam was filled with plastic welder and sanded level. The whole front faceplate is basically one piece of plastic now. The mold lines were all sanded off. Teeth were enlarged greatly over stock. Ears were chopped to make them closer to the helmet. New brow and neck trim. New dark green lenses. And I can't leave out the great decals from Mark, they really set off the whole deal.

Thanks go out to everyone that posted the great build up pictures and howto's on here :salute:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Mobus said:

Thanks Mobus!

Looks great.

Thanks for the complement!....Now I can't wait to finish mine!

When I finish my mod, I'll post photos...I'm not thinning the ears, nor am

I taking the lid apart) I'm just doing doing the basics.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

VERY COOL!

Thanks for the side-by-side pics... that is incredibly helpful to see how drastic the difference is between the modded and un-modded.

I'm hoping to have my bucket today or tomorrow... (fingers crossed).

very inspiring, I plan to tackle one myself soon :)

Any details on filing down the ears? Did you file them uniformly from top to bottom or just in some places? It may be more work than I want to put in it, but I'd love to hear what exactly you did.

Phil

Your bucket certainly turned out great! Nice work! I've been on the fence about how much modding to tackle with this helmet, and seeing the side-by-side pics pretty much convinced me to do it right. No short cuts. Again, nice work.

very inspiring, I plan to tackle one myself soon :)

Any details on filing down the ears? Did you file them uniformly from top to bottom or just in some places? It may be more work than I want to put in it, but I'd love to hear what exactly you did.

Phil

I just used this HowTo thread for direction (thanks Steve!) http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=3176