zv288bot's AP ANH stunt build! Whoop Whoop!

zv288bot

Ok, tonight I got my shin cover strip fixed and finished making the bracket that will hold my kidney tab in place.

fec5e609f81c2db06f3be2ac0d952056.jpg

5d79c06b262550dd3e5f42db780849a5.jpg

And this is where I will E6000 it in place.

85c6ea0c4bec6bea3747a964977a967e.jpg

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Gary, you answered my frantic pms and talked me off the roof. I couldn't have gotten this far with you. Thank you sir!

Troopers helping troopers! :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

Most excellent. Thank you sir, easy fix. It's E6000! Whoop whoop!

Here it is in all of it's glory.

b58f682e00a02775970f77b1355299a7.jpg

83a9780f353bb84dfdaba55aca64e1ac.jpg

• Like 3

Paint that ABS kidney slide black so if for some reason there is a gap, it'll blend in with your cover strip.

Oooh good call.

• Like 1

That tab system is just genious

Yeah, who ever originated it needs a medal.

Edited by zv288bot
  • Like 1

Looks really good! I am def going to use that tab system idea in mine! You and Pyrates and SpiceC have made me a lot less nervous about starting into my Kit next week!!

• Like 3

Yes!! Looks so good! You should be proud! I can't wait for mine to be complete…So close!! How do you like that tab system on the right-side?? Isn't it a life saver!?

Absolutely. It's a great finishing detail. Thank you and Luc for the reminder/idea.

• Like 2

Looks really good! I am def going to use that tab system idea in mine! You and Pyrates and SpiceC have made me a lot less nervous about starting into my Kit next week!!

So awesome! Thank you!! Yeah, just realize you'll make a mistake or two (I did) but almost all are fixable and we are here to help. Make sure you hit me up when you start and I'll be sure to follow. You'll have a blast!

Edited by zv288bot
  • Like 3

I'm not 100% sure on the function of this tab system... Is its purpose to keep the ab plate lined up with the kidney plate?

Basically. I really didn't understand it either until I suited up. On one side you have the two pieces held in place by multiple rivets and straps, on the other side it's just one strap place on the very top so I wound up having two pieces trying to butt up against each but would ultimately overlap each other. I am sure there are many ways to combat this issue. For me, creating the Tab from left over pieces was super easy and quick. The tab helps keep it more in place.

To be completely honest I spent since Oct of last year reading as many build threads as I could and seeing all sorts of great ideas but there was quite a few "hurdles" that didn't translate until I was actually faced with it, if this makes any sense.

• Like 4

Basically. I really didn't understand it either until I suited up. On one side you have the two pieces held in place by multiple rivets and straps, on the other side it's just one strap place on the very top so I wound up having two pieces trying to butt up against each but would ultimately overlap each other. I am sure there are many ways to combat this issue. For me, creating the Tab from left over pieces was super easy and quick. The tab helps keep it more in place.

To be completely honest I spent since Oct of last year reading as many build threads as I could and seeing all sorts of great ideas but there was quite a few "hurdles" that didn't translate until I was actually faced with it, if this makes any sense.

That's a really good summary of what I have going on right now. Until you have all the pieces of a puzzle in front of you and can begin pushing them around for yourself to fit a proper solution it's pretty difficult to fully grasp what others have going on. Great explanation though, thanks!
  • Like 2

Outstanding thread, sir. You have definitely calmed my anxieties about beginning my build. I received my kit from MTK as you were wrapping-up your build. Hope to see you around in some troops, seeing that we are neighbors and garrison comrades. Thanks!  :duim: post-28946-0-80791300-1465847646_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Lookin good man! Everyone is passing me by lol

Bro don't sweat it. Just had a little less going on in my life at this time than you. You are doing great and can see the finish line. We'll be there cheering you on!

• Like 3

Outstanding thread, sir. You have definitely calmed my anxieties about beginning my build. I received my kit from MTK as you were wrapping-up your build. Hope to see you around in some troops, seeing that we are neighbors and garrison comrades. Thanks! :duim:attachicon.gif2016-06-13 15.44.56.jpg

Rock and Roll. Please let me know if you need anything. Also, if you need rivets for the ammo thigh pack. I have more than I ever needed and can drop some in the mail for you if you'd like for free.

• Like 2

Rock and Roll. Please let me know if you need anything. Also, if you need rivets for the ammo thigh pack. I have more than I ever needed and can drop some in the mail for you if you'd like for free.

Awesome. I'll have to check but I think I've got my rivets covered, but I'll definitely take you up on that offer if needed. One question, where did you get your white belt material? I was going to hit up Jo-Ann fabrics but I'm not sure exactly what the material is called. Thx.

Awesome. I'll have to check but I think I've got my rivets covered, but I'll definitely take you up on that offer if needed. One question, where did you get your white belt material? I was going to hit up Jo-Ann fabrics but I'm not sure exactly what the material is called. Thx.

If you are going to attempt to make your own belt I believe the material used is called duck cloth canvas, joann's has it I purchased some black to make a garter belt system. Otherwise Tkittle's belts in the ongoing sales thread is where I purchased mine, It's really nice.

Edited by zv288bot
  • Like 2