zv288bot's AP ANH stunt build! Whoop Whoop!

zv288bot

Man... I took a couple of days off of this cause a.) I was tired and b.) I was tired

Anyway... glued the front thigh today. Spent hours trying to research cutting the AB/Kidney fit and the stupid notch and what it shouldn't look like but not what it should like... ugh!!!

Anyway on another note I did complete the TD today. I did the best I could and I think it came out ok. The most important part it is 7.5 inches cap to cap. Whoop whoop!

b056b93c77f093f92e488d8a39f04a9d.jpg

4042c07c16eaa591814af3cdd6010eb8.jpg

It took me forever to find this stuff locally. Ultimately, Ace hardware had it!!

5aee6e59720a6d123d2bf9e1d20fe4ac.jpg

4e2149eb8be92089b71dc4058da46cbd.jpg

1fbe362fa66f326ee0c10307ecf3ad34.jpg

I know... I know... black screws...

07316a0dca2a8ea1fd5994a4cca6c701.jpg

c6c526ae3ebc567ca3414f717c992a9b.jpg

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Just noticed something mate if you're aiming for EIB - your brackets look spaced a little too far from your end caps.

"Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps."

• Like 1

Ears look great! Did you just use the trim line provided? That's what I did, and they look about the same! :)

Yeah totally. The only stressful part of putting the helmet together was not having a second set of ears just in case.

• Like 1

Just noticed something mate if you're aiming for EIB - your brackets look spaced a little too far from your end caps.

"Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps."

Ugh, thanks for looking out. I will go back to the drawing board with those! Man, those caps are jammed on too. Maybe I'll drill out the screw machine heads, move the brackets over and use wood screws directly into the plastic tube? This way I won't have to figure out how to get those caps off. The whole TD thing had me at wits end. At one point I mounted the brackets upside down. I wanted to throw the thing out the window.

• Like 1

Ugh, thanks for looking out. I will go back to the drawing board with those! Man, those caps are jammed on too. Maybe I'll drill out the screw machine heads, move the brackets over and use wood screws directly into the plastic tube? This way I won't have to figure out how to get those caps off. The whole TD thing had me at wits end. At one point I mounted the brackets upside down. I wanted to throw the thing out the window.

Try putting it in the freezer and use a twisting motion to get them off like a pop bottle cap.

• Like 1

I used wood screws on mine, and it worked just fine. Make sure your pilot hole is small enough for the threads to grip, but let the shaft through. :)

• Like 2

I used wood screws on mine, and it worked just fine. Make sure your pilot hole is small enough for the threads to grip, but let the shaft through. :)

Excellent info, thank you sir. Did you have a screw size number available?

• Like 1

Excellent info, thank you sir. Did you have a screw size number available?

I'm in the same situation sourcing these.

I know they are japanned screws, but don't know the part number

This is the only refference I have

4408d8a8d4fd0f58c57bcb5d818a36e4.jpg

• Like 2

Excellent work bud. I found some nice 6/32 panhead screws at home depot they're ovalled so the clips may have to be counter sunk. If I would have kept up with my pictures I'd show you them. I'll try to get them up asap. I left my SD card at home again :L I think I went a bit overboard on my snaps, I have a double snap "spine" down the middle of the back armour with single snaps on either side of them

• Like 2

Excellent work bud. I found some nice 6/32 panhead screws at home depot they're ovalled so the clips may have to be counter sunk. If I would have kept up with my pictures I'd show you them. I'll try to get them up asap. I left my SD card at home again :L I think I went a bit overboard on my snaps, I have a double snap "spine" down the middle of the back armour with single snaps on either side of them

Most excellent. I will swing by and check them out. I need to re do that guy this weekend. Yeah, no worries with pics when you get them up I'll be sure to take a peek!

• Like 2

Yeah totally. The only stressful part of putting the helmet together was not having a second set of ears just in case.

I was worried about that too! lol Luckily mine worked out well the first time too! Whew! I was sorta sweating it. lol

Edited by SpiceCredits
  • Like 2

I'm gonna have to replace my TD screws too. I used the ones that came with mine also, but they aren't the slotted ones. I glued the caps on the ends on thinking I was done and I can't get them back off either. I'm leaving that last because I have no idea what to do right now with that. I'm sorta hoping that if I unscrew them long enough that they'll remove themselves from the nut inside the tube, then I'll take off the clips, drill a hole big enough in between the screw holes, let the nut fall out, then put in the correct screws and drench them in E-6000 as I put them back in and hope that holds well. LOL 

Could you just paint yours black after adjusting your clips?

• Like 1

I'm gonna have to replace my TD screws too. I used the ones that came with mine also, but they aren't the slotted ones. I glued the caps on the ends on thinking I was done and I can't get them back off either. I'm leaving that last because I have no idea what to do right now with that. I'm sorta hoping that if I unscrew them long enough that they'll remove themselves from the nut inside the tube, then I'll take off the clips, drill a hole big enough in between the screw holes, let the nut fall out, then put in the correct screws and drench them in E-6000 as I put them back in and hope that holds well. LOL

Could you just paint yours black after adjusting your clips?

I didn't get any screws with mine (?) So I went out and bought #6 machine screws with nuts. So it sounds like I have same deal nuts and bolt action going on as you do. If I go with the wood screw looking ones then I can let the nuts rattle all day only inside the canister. Now I didn't glue my caps. I gave them a hot water bath then bashed them on with a hammer so maybe (dought it) they would come off.

What did you glue them with? and Yes you can paint the screw that's what a lot of people do

I believe he used everyone's favorite! E6000

• Like 2

What did you glue them with? and Yes you can paint the screw that's what a lot of people do

I used E-6000 to glue the caps on. I wish I hadn't now because they fit perfectly without them. I just decided to because I figured I was done and they'd be secure for sure.

I'm probably going to worry about this after my initial approval since I have more to do to be finished. I'll check out the #6 machine screws this week and see how they look, thanks!! If I have to have some rattle then so be it. Lol

• Like 2

Ok I did the same thing with my end caps, I didn't use that much e6000 so I just twisted them really hard and they came off. They're just on there via their own pressure. Give it a try brother.

• Like 1

I'm probably going to worry about this after my initial approval since I have more to do to be finished. I'll check out the #6 machine screws this week and see how they look, thanks!! If I have to have some rattle then so be it. Lol

Yeah, one of the guys in my Garrison said just get through basic and worry about it after. So I'll probably move forward.

Ok I did the same thing with my end caps, I didn't use that much e6000 so I just twisted them really hard and they came off. They're just on there via their own pressure. Give it a try brother.

I whacked the living day lights out of them to get them on and that was after the hot water bath. I didn't glue them so I may be able to screw them off but at this point I think I'll come back to it later. I have to fit the ab kidney and I am terrified at where to cut the ab. Anybody have a clear cut line. It's my understanding the ab should be cut like the "movie" and the kidney should be adjusted to size?

• Like 1

this was also difficult for me. The kidney was easier for me because I just cut to the 22mm notch. The ab needed a bit of effort. your best bet is to put on your undersuit tape the 2 piece where they're comfortable mark where that point is. Repeat until you're sure and then cut.

I whacked the living day lights out of them to get them on and that was after the hot water bath. I didn't glue them so I may be able to screw them off but at this point I think I'll come back to it later. I have to fit the ab kidney and I am terrified at where to cut the ab. Anybody have a clear cut line. It's my understanding the ab should be cut like the "movie" and the kidney should be adjusted to size?

• Like 1

Do you think this will work with glued caps?

Depending on the amount of glue yes - I have removed a ton using the freezer. During my build one cap dried slightly crooked, and after freezing I twisted it off with medium effort. Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 3