SpiceCredits ANH Stunt Build Thread [AP]

Yeah I think I will eventually get a Pencap belt too. I just have a nylon belt and it pulls down a bit uncomfortably since I have to wear it so tight. However, that costs money that I don't currently have.

I hear ya! lol As much as I've enjoyed the whole thing, it is a money pit! lol 

• Like 2

I use an old nylon law enforcement duty belt and the thighs have 3" elastic with loops sewn at the top that slide over the belt. The belt itself is very rigid and doesn't sag and it's nice and wide so it's comfortable even when wearing for long periods of time. You might be able to find these at a surplus store or possibly second hand if you have a law enforcement supply type store in your area.

1430fcc2e9589ee5169264211b77ddb8.jpg

7134021a40f62d3494153dc2563f8880.jpg

Homemade garters!

Jim - TK50899

• Like 3

At last, the final piece to the build is complete! Mwah ha ha ha haaaaaa…I'm letting the paint dry over night and then trying it on and double checking the fit tomorrow. I should have submission pics to show you guys early next week, I believe. Until then, I'll snap some shots tomorrow of me with it all on. :) 

These are double cap rivets purchased from justjoseph63.

I also put a dab of E-6000 where the ammo pack touches the bottom of the ridge of the thigh to keep it in place more.

IMG_5159_zpswx5dy7v9.jpg

IMG_5161_zps1x5khzye.jpg

And with paint…

IMG_5162_zpsnxz6klb8.jpg

IMG_5163_zpshvmnhrxs.jpg

IMG_5160_zpss2rs1bca.jpg

Edited by SpiceCredits
  • Like 4

At last, the final piece to the build is complete! Mwah ha ha ha haaaaaa…I'm letting the paint dry over night and then trying it on and double checking the fit tomorrow. I should have submission pics to show you guys early next week, I believe. Until then, I'll snap some shots tomorrow of me with it all on. :)

These are double cap rivets purchased from justjoseph63.

I also put a dab of E-6000 where the ammo pack touches the bottom of the ridge of the thigh to keep it in place more.

IMG_5159_zpswx5dy7v9.jpg

IMG_5161_zps1x5khzye.jpg

And with paint…

IMG_5162_zpsnxz6klb8.jpg

IMG_5163_zpshvmnhrxs.jpg

IMG_5160_zpss2rs1bca.jpg

Mwah hahahahahaaa! Can't wait!

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ok, so here is my first full try-on of everything. I had to put it all on and use the timer on my phone's camera to get these. lol

The shins aren't staying super aligned even with the stirrups added. So I added a bit of velcro to the fronts and backs of the boots and the respective places inside the shins to keep them center more. However, I haven't tried them back on with those fixes yet. I had to do some glue fixing to one of the tabs on my left shin. I think that should hold it well though. Thoughts????

Other than that, I feel like it looks pretty good. I think it's just getting the thighs and shins sitting well. I think some foam would help too.

What do you guys think?? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Also I just noticed from the left profile view, it looks like my shoulder bell could have been aligned better to the bicep. I think that's why I show a little more gap between the bell and chest plate on the front-facing photo. I should have adjusted before taking the photo. I'll fix that next time.

IMG_5173_zpsqm19yd6q.jpg

IMG_5174_zpsefi3os0g.jpg

I feel like maybe the right thigh is a little lower set and that's why there is more gap at the rear than the left shows. Thoughts? Also the back part of my helmet trim came off in my rush to get set up for the shots. lol

IMG_5176_zpsolxik2fo.jpg

IMG_5175_zps1m7rkhyv.jpg

Here is what I did with the velcro to keep the shins in place better.

Back of boot:

IMG_5183_zpsp4rla8dv.jpg

Inside back of shin:

IMG_5186_zpsxuuapn3m.jpg

Front of boot:

IMG_5184_zps8syoemb5.jpg

Inside front of shin:

IMG_5185_zpserdinqr9.jpg

P.S. Man there is a lot of sounds of plastic knocking around when I walk in it. lol

Edited by SpiceCredits
  • Like 3

I went the same way with my boots, putting velcro only on the front of the boot and inside shin.

How does it work with both front and back with velcro? Any odd movement on your leg?

• Like 2

I went the same way with my boots, putting velcro only on the front of the boot and inside shin.

How does it work with both front and back with velcro? Any odd movement on your leg?

I'll have to get back to you tomorrow on that one. I haven't put them on since I added the Velcro to the boots. I was waiting for a piece of my shin to glue over night before trying again. I may put one on later just to see though. I'm only gluing on shin.

I just put on my compression pants, boots and right shin. It stays straight even after jogging around the apartment. It stayed secure and upright. I couldn't tell any awkward movement either.

Once my left shin dries over night I think the shins will be solved and I'll retake photos tomorrow.

I still think the foam will help a little, but that (Velcro on boots) seemed to fix a lot of the problem.

Edited by SpiceCredits
  • Like 1

The foam should keep the sniper plate from getting under the thigh - that's the only place I needed it. The ammo pack over the thigh was plenty forward.

For the thigh gap on the rear... I think you may have the butt plate/torso slightly rotated, since it looked even in front. You can play with that for your next photos, and see if it makes a difference.

Looking forward to the updated pics!

• Like 1

Word of advice, check to see if the thigh pushes on the sniper knee when you straighten your leg. That would put stress on the plate and crack it, as it did for me. I glued in some ABS to reinforce the cracked area and will eventually fill it with ABS paste.

Also, I keep checking in to your thread expecting to see your approval photos or something like that! You're so close!

• Like 1

Thanks Luc! I went ahead and attached foam to the left shin to push out the plate a little more. <br><br>

I should be having submission photos early this week. I planned on getting them this weekend, but everyone was out of town that could take photos. I promise they're coming!

• Like 1

I just put on my compression pants, boots and right shin. It stays straight even after jogging around the apartment. It stayed secure and upright. I couldn't tell any awkward movement either.

Once my left shin dries over night I think the shins will be solved and I'll retake photos tomorrow.

I still think the foam will help a little, but that (Velcro on boots) seemed to fix a lot of the problem.

Are you doing stir ups as well?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 1