SpiceCredits ANH Stunt Build Thread [AP]

This is super valuable information! Thank you!! :)

This is the most intimidating part for me. lol Once I get the cover strips on the fronts I'll begin to post what they look like before each future step. :) I want to make sure these turn out well. 

Thanks again! That'll definitely be followed.

• Like 1

Just read through your entire build. Its definitely informative! Also makes me less scared to start once my kit arrives! TY for all the pics. looks good :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Just read through your entire build. Its definitely informative! Also makes me less scared to start once my kit arrives! TY for all the pics. looks good :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks!! And you're welcome!

Just take it slow; there's no rush. Just know that most likely you're going to make a mistake somewhere. Don't get too upset when you do. Most things are easily fixed and will turn out just fine!

For me, at first, it was a tad overwhelming and I didn't know where to begin. Just pick something easy for you to start with and go. You'll soon find your groove and before you know it, you're almost done.

• Like 3

I'll be sure to follow those steps for the thighs too.

Is there a specific gap allowance for those as well?

Not really, 1/2" is kind of the standard. Just make sure they are as comfortable as possible. You're probably going to want to add a bit of foam in there to keep any return edges from digging in anywhere. The pinch points to watch out for are mainly where the top back of the thigh pokes into the bottom of your rear and the same is somewhat true in the front. Also the left knee as it likes to fight with the sniper plate.

Sorry for the late reply. I did my first troop today. As a result I will be trimming more on the groin area as that is about the only place that gave me any trouble.

• Like 1

So, I woke up and got my cover strips going on my thighs. I'm going to remove the magnets later tonight, before bed, and add the shin cover strips so they can cure over night also. By the time I get home after work, tomorrow, I should be able to start trying to fit them.

IMG_5039_zpsdnwllryp.jpg

IMG_5037_zpseehwhf4l.jpg

• Like 2

No worries! That's great! How was it??

That's awesome info also. Thanks!! I'll definitely keep that in mind!

The troop was good. Hot!! But good. I also picked up several pointers from fellow troopers who have been doing this for a while. Like putting a piece of nylon strapping inside the shoulder bell attaching it to the bicep. It keeps stuff all lined up and looking good. I believe that RS armor comes this way and I've seen it mentioned in other threads but until I had to keep messing with my bicep I couldn't really picture the point of it. Again I can't stress enough getting the cod piece trimmed comfortably. The insides of my thighs are killing me today!! Lol!

Jim

Yikes! Lol Yea, I can see how that could prove to be a very uncomfortable issue. I'll have to remember that. I'm sure my kit will remind me if need be too. Lolol <br><br>

I have that strapping on mine, if it's what I'm thinking. It's elastic though. It sits about middle-center of the bells and connects downward to the top of the bicep? I've not been in my armor too much since it's not completed just yet, but every time I've put on the arms I can tell the importance of it for sure! Keeps everything lined up a bit better.

• Like 1

Yikes! Lol Yea, I can see how that could prove to be a very uncomfortable issue. I'll have to remember that. I'm sure my kit will remind me if need be too. Lolol <br><br>

I have that strapping on mine, if it's what I'm thinking. It's elastic though. It sits about middle-center of the bells and connects downward to the top of the bicep? I've not been in my armor too much since it's not completed just yet, but every time I've put on the arms I can tell the importance of it for sure! Keeps everything lined up a bit better.

I think I just somehow glossed over this important addition. I may make mine with snaps to make it more modular.

Jim

You may need to use some foam in your thighs/shins to keep the sniper plate from locking in and to keep your ammo pack from getting hit by your shin.

You're getting there!

• Like 2

You may need to use some foam in your thighs/shins to keep the sniper plate from locking in and to keep your ammo pack from getting hit by your shin.

You're getting there!

Awesome! I'll do that! Thanks for the suggestion Luc! :)

Hey guys!

I got home and removed all the clamps, tape, magnets and glue to my thighs/shins after the cover strips cured last night. Next step is to fit them! They'll be a lot coming off the right thigh it looks like. lol :)

Here are the photos!

IMG_5042_zps93mrkfxn.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsxk0ufhaz.jpg

• Like 2

I went ahead and fit and measured the thighs, incase all is ok to move forward. I won't make the tick marks or cut them until you guys think they look good enough to move forward. :) I'm going to go ahead and do the same to the shins just in case. 

IMG_5045_zpszwuxqdga.jpg

The left measures about 20-1/8 in.

IMG_5046_zpsgmhxeu7m.jpg

The right also measures about the same.

IMG_5047_zpsqnr6aky0.jpg

Even a little lower they maintain symmetry... (I did I measure even lower and they matched too, at about 18in..)
FullSizeRender_zpsjoegbgte.jpg

FullSizeRender_1_zpso9rjlgcp.jpg

• Like 1

I noticed something my friend as I know your aiming for Centurion.

It's nothing major - just the tops of your thigh cover strips are a little long.

Here are the screen references:

ca5d92d255dcbd19853c664172b43156.jpg

946f9585cb8dbb426a09d75a7ded69fc.jpg

9274573d171d1cc9f4bd2a27de85199f.jpg

de0be21ee50692dfd6672b49acc9767d.jpg

Hope these help mate and awesome progress

• Like 1

I also did the shins too.

I'm almost opened as far out as I can go on the shin bottoms and they seem to be pretty snug around the boots. I can't really go higher with them because it would put the knee too high (and it would show too much boot). Right now the shin tops sit right below the knee, but right at it. I might go ahead and remove the return edge completely from the shin bottoms. Do you think that would help at all? Seems like it would help them sit a smidge lower, and also may fit a bit more loose around the boots. 

Here are the pics I have of the shins test.

Also, this all I am doing until I get feedback. :) I'm a little nervous about these turning out right. lol  

IMG_5075_zpsrgrrecno.jpg

IMG_5081_zpsbigjrbkt.jpg

IMG_5082_zpskklvyc5c.jpg

IMG_5083_zpswju2qqzu.jpg

IMG_5084_zps22utknam.jpg

I noticed something my friend as I know your aiming for Centurion.

It's nothing major - just the tops of your thigh cover strips are a little long.

Here are the screen references:

ca5d92d255dcbd19853c664172b43156.jpg

946f9585cb8dbb426a09d75a7ded69fc.jpg

9274573d171d1cc9f4bd2a27de85199f.jpg

de0be21ee50692dfd6672b49acc9767d.jpg

Hope these help mate and awesome progress

Good call! Thanks for that! I'll definitely touch them up! :D

• Like 1

Here's a good group shot of a lot of thighs and legs.

717705cab06b369984e0be9f9336fa32.jpg

You don't want it too snug. If it's folding up the tops of the boots a whole lot let it out a bit. Notice that there isn't much gap on these guys but it's not folding up the tops of the boots. It looks like your pretty close but maybe someone who's seen a few more shins should chime in as this area was the only area I struggled a bit with.

As for the thighs make sure you leave some room to get some padding in there, it makes all the difference. If they are too tight you'll be walking like the tin man. I put mine on then used some tape to affix them to my belt and walked around in them a bit. I have stairs in my house and I went up and down them a few times. With that overlap it's going to be hard to tell how they'll feel once trimmed. Also make sure you can get your feet through them easily as that's how they go on and off, which I'm sure you already did.

And a final note on both is, you can always trim more off but you can't put it back on! If you haven't already jump over to UKswrath's ANOVOS build thread and post up your pics. He's very helpful and usually responds pretty quick.

Jim - TK50899

• Like 2

I missed that you still had a return edge on the bottom of the shin. Definitely take this return edge off. It will make it fit better over the boot. The 1/2" should be the distance from your leg to the inside of your armor, don't count the return edges.

Jim - TK50899

• Like 1

I just posted my images to Ukswrath's thread. Hopefully I can get this all figured out soon. :)

Yea, I am a little unhappy with how tight they are around the boot. I have REALLY skinny ankles and my lower leg doesn't really fill out the boot at the top. Therefore it doesn't shape right and is more of squished oval than circular when my foot is in it. That's why the boot is looking a bit weird there maybe. That and I don't have much ABS to make wider. It's a pretty tight grip around the boots. As far as I know I only cut off the extra flashing too, so I didn't go trimming crazy. I'm sure it can all be fixed. I just need to figure out how. 

I'm think I'm going to hit up a local member and see about going over to his place for some help with sizing them and getting the cuts just right. I feel like I made need an extra set of eyes and hand just for this part of the build. I'll wait and see what Ukswrath says back though. :)

Thanks for all the help guys! :D

• Like 1