OPERATION OMG REBUILD!!!!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurray, and the show goes on!

Ā 

I'm no expert, so to me they look exactly the same (and maybe they are). Just use the Force, Mike !, search your feelings to pick the right one :D.

Hurray, and the show goes on!

Ā 

I'm no expert, so to me they look exactly the same (and maybe they are). Just use the Force, Mike !, search your feelings to pick the right one :D.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Kent

I think the clue is in Mike's signature ;)

When Mike finishes this you're going to be one very lucky guy :)

Tonight I am going to repair the cracked faceplate that was donated. When I get done it will be stronger than new. For this I will need scissors, an old pillow case, super glue, painters or duct tape, and some exam latex gloves.

100_7847.jpg

Take a patch about the size of the crack and put it directly down on the super glue. Put some more super glue on the patch until its completely saturated. Use your latex finger to smear and tap the glue into the fibers of the patch. Do this gently.

100_7861.jpg

100_7862.jpg

100_7863.jpg

And thats it for now. This will need to set for an hour or so. The "mini fiberglass method" works REALLY insanely well. I have NEVER EVER had anything break after doing this. Its hardly noticable as well as being very light too.

100_7867.jpg

Now its time to trim out the eyes and teeth. Using a pencil I make rough guidelines to follow for both the eyes and teeth. There are several ways you can do them. You can pre-drill out the larger areas and then use an exacto blade or file to finish it up. I have decided to score the outside of the eyes here until I can just pop out the plastic easily. After that I use the exacto knife to clean the holes up. Then I sand the holes out to the final shape.

100_7871.jpg

100_7873.jpg

100_7874.jpg

100_7875.jpg

100_7877.jpg

100_7878.jpg

Now that the eyes are done I am on to the teeth. Using a small exacto knife I cut just the tips off the teeth from the back. Then I trim from the back while looking at the front, and cut the teeth again, using the exacto knife, to their final shape.

Ā 

100_7879.jpg

100_7881.jpg

100_7882.jpg

100_7883.jpg

100_7884.jpg

100_7886.jpg