Really frustrated with my chest and bells

So i'm totally frustrated with my chest/back and bells. Doing a long troop this past week and all the pictures came out and it's like my chest and my bells are just not big enough for me. Wayy too much gap. I've tried sanding more and everything else with no luck.

Anyone know a good vendor that makes larger chest pices and bells that i can buy just that? 

So annoyed. I'm the one on the left if you cant tell

RqXHGYd.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Tony, I can't help you with the bells - but I *do* happen to have an ATA chestplate and backplate in my spare parts bin. It might work better for you. PM me (here, on the GT board, or on FB) if you want to come by some time and try them on for fit.

I unfortunately ran into almost the same issues as you, my bridges were also not long enough. I was looking into building custom bridges and replacing the chest and back with RT-mod as i believe they are bigger in size.. I ended up going sandy instead. 

I hope you can get this resolved i know that feeling all too well..  

I think it really comes down to the kit you have. You seem to have an ATA armor when the guy next to you has a RS, perhaps TM armor. And unfortunately pretty much all the fan kits - except for RS, TM, and now ANOVOS (and also the late NE) - have badly shaped and too small chest plates and bells.

I think it really comes down to the kit you have. You seem to have an ATA armor when the guy next to you has a RS, perhaps TM armor. And unfortunately pretty much all the fan kits - except for RS, TM, and now ANOVOS (and also the late NE) - have badly shaped and too small chest plates and bells.

Germain, the NE chest plate and shoulder bells are big for the average size trooper (requires some trimming).    Now if you're a NFL linebacker body size like me, its pretty small.    Unfortunately, I trimmed mine on a mannequin during my newbie days.   So I have the large gaps while swinging my arms.  =(

Thanks for all the feedback gang. My kit is MTK. And one of the earlier sculpts. I'm really happy with everything else but the chest and bells. I'll take a look at Brian's FX chest he has left to see if that works. Then i might reach out to WTF or troopermaster for replacements 

I definitely think the bells are too small at least.  Drives me nuts. Just dont feel like my armor is up to snuff compared to my Garrison mates.  So working hard to get it fixed. I'll be in my TIE until i can (or my snowie if i get it done) hehe

Thanks

Hey, Tony. I kind of had an issue with my MTK bells. I ended up cutting nearly all of the return edge out the bottom so it would fit a bit better. It also helps a lot to put the shoulder bell elastic off center so they are rotated towards the front more. Try that and see if it helps before spending any $

Hey, Tony. I kind of had an issue with my MTK bells. I ended up cutting nearly all of the return edge out the bottom so it would fit a bit better. It also helps a lot to put the shoulder bell elastic off center so they are rotated towards the front more. Try that and see if it helps before spending any $

Interesting idea about the Elastics.. Might give that a shot. Theres barely any return edge left on my bells. That was the first thing i wiped out hehe

Could you show the soulders' strapping?

Da Tapatalk

I'll work on getting a picture but it's pretty basic. I have the nylon loop at the bottom that connects to the hooks on the biceps pieces. And a single black nylon pice from the top to the button under my shoulder strap.

Ooh interesting.. any reason?

The quality of their kit is not up to par with the price you pay for. Fan made trooper kits have better quality than Jedi Robe. Jedi robe caters to more casual/Halloween costumers.

• Like 1