Not getting Email Notifications

Fedaykin

Did you check "My Settings" -> "Notification Options" ?
Check if the hooks are set as you wish and if your mail address is correct.

I receive the mails from no-reply@whitearmor.net

I checked them before. They are all set, and i have not changed them since i configured them after i joined. it workedĀ a week ago, now it doesnt. I subscribed to this thread, yet i did not receive an email after you replied. Thanks for the adress, i already had it added to my safe senders list. Kinda lost here.

Hi. Have you edited your notification options to check the "email" checkbox? That's what I had to do to get an email about your post :)

Ā 

Click on the little thingy that looks like a person in the top right and you'll see the word "options" That's where you can make sure you're set to receive email to threads you've subscribed to.Ā 

Ā 

Here is the email I got from your post:

Ā 

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 2.10.05 PM.png

Ā 

-Eric

Yes, i have checked every checkbox there. It also worked when i registered for a week or two. Then it didn't and i haven't changed anything :(

I also added the domain to my safe senders list so that it would not be marked as spam or something.

Yes, i have checked every checkbox there. It also worked when i registered for a week or two. Then it didn't and i haven't changed anything :(

I also added the domain to my safe senders list so that it would not be marked as spam or something.

Ā 

Aha. So your email ends in @msn.com. It seems your mail server has our mail server on a block list. Microsoft thinks mail from our server is spam. It isn't even reaching your spam folder but the server is just plain rejecting the connection from FISD from the get go. I'll look into seeing how to get off their block list... wish me luck with that :)Ā 

Ā 

A quick alternative is to use gmail or something instead.Ā 

Ā 

-Eric

Aha. So your email ends in @msn.com. It seems your mail server has our mail server on a block list. Microsoft thinks mail from our server is spam. It isn't even reaching your spam folder but the server is just plain rejecting the connection from FISD from the get go. I'll look into seeing how to get off their block list... wish me luck with that :)

Ā 

A quick alternative is to use gmail or something instead.Ā 

Ā 

-Eric

Ā 

Ā 

I am having the same issue but mine is to a gmail.Ā 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not receiving anything but the daily digest for just one thread I'm following. A few weeks ago, I received instant updates to all the topics I followed. I have both boxes checked for notifications for posts and topics I follow. Nothing has gone into my spam folders. Help would be appreciated. I'm using gmail. Thanks!

Christine, I'll ask some questions. Thank you for letting us know.

FYI: Not sure if FISD is still hosted on Site 5, but we were having similar problems on BSN and Spec Ops. I opened a ticket w/Site 5 support and they had to bounce our SMTP mail server. Now the messages are flowing great. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Hi

Ā 

We're having issue with Microsoft thinking we're spammers because of the hosting company we're using, so your email notifications aren't shown because they get blocked before they arrive in your inbox. So change your email address on FISD to gmail for example and you should be fine.

I am using Gmail already. I used to receive messages without any problem from the FISD. Not sure what happened to change things.

I am using Gmail already. I used to receive messages without any problem from the FISD. Not sure what happened to change things.

Make sure they are not in one of your folders. Gmail likes to auto organize things for you. Check the social and promotions tabs.

Make sure they are not in one of your folders. Gmail likes to auto organize things for you. Check the social and promotions tabs.

Ā 

Yeah, gmail already moves whatever makes it to my inbox over to Social. Ā I've created an additional filter to mark all incoming email from the FISD as important, so maybe that will help. Ā It's odd because I can't see a pattern as to why what few FISD email messages that make it to me are getting there. Ā  There is nothing in Spam or Trash from the FISD.

Ā 

I don't receive the notifications on the site for all the threads I follow, either. Ā I have checked the boxes for Notification List and Email for everything. Ā I can work around these little issues on my own, but thought you'd like to know that something glitchy seems to be afoot! Ā :)