Hand guards?

Whaaaaat??? :huh:

May I ask, where this information does come from?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/9515-flexible-anh-white-rubber-hand-guards/page-32#entry460492

I guess it was on facebook.

They are listed on Trooperbay https://trooperbay.com/flexible-hand-guards-in-white-black-or-plain.html

but I always wondered it these WERE Karin's and trooperbay was just the middleman and getting the orders

I'm Facebook friends with Karin. I thought she was back (after taking a hiatus). Hell, with all the ANOVOS kits coming and none of them having the latex handguards required for EI or Centurion - she stands to make a killing.

• Like 1

I'm Facebook friends with Karin. I thought she was back (after taking a hiatus). Hell, with all the ANOVOS kits coming and none of them having the latex handguards required for EI or Centurion - she stands to make a killing.

That's just what I've heard through the grapevine. I was just saying IF it's true, who would everyone turn to?

• 2 weeks later...

Im wondering if the anovos hand guards could be used as molds, fill them with white sanitary silicone and make your own?

Just an idea! ;)

The interior lines are not as clean as the exterior so I don't think that would work.  You could mold them to recast them to make your own mold but I think they'd be a bit larger than you'd want.  (ignoring any moral issues with recasting, since personal use only)

I received approval (from the top) today to start selling my "screen accurate" latex hand guards.  These have been inspected, and will pass at Centurion level.  I will need a week or so to get a supply made, and they will be selling for $27.00 per pair, including shipping in the U.S.  Will post a thread as soon as they are ready to start selling.

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 4

The interior lines are not as clean as the exterior so I don't think that would work.  You could mold them to recast them to make your own mold but I think they'd be a bit larger than you'd want.  (ignoring any moral issues with recasting, since personal use only)

Fair point :) 

I might at some stage make one just out of curiosity to see how it looks!

Im wondering if the anovos hand guards could be used as molds, fill them with white sanitary silicone and make your own?

Just an idea! ;)

The only problem with silicone is that it is difficult to find anything that will adhere to it, making it difficult to attach to the gloves.  Epoxy may work, but it becomes brittle when dry.

These are up for sale now... http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35702-latex-hand-guards-for-centurion-level-anh/

Edited by justjoseph63

The only problem with silicone is that it is difficult to find anything that will adhere to it, making it difficult to attach to the gloves.  Epoxy may work, but it becomes brittle when dry.

Silicone will stick to silicone, but almost nothing else. Stick a piece of thin, porous fabric to the bottom of the hand guard with 100% silicone sealant. I did this once with a scrap piece of a t-shirt. Now you have a surface on the bottom of the hand guard that will accept an adhesive that will stick to the glove.

Edited by trooper96
  • Like 3