AP ESB Build WIP

I know what you mean though Mark. I just am going to leave it now the other ear might still be ok for the other helmet but I need to start leaving well enough alone or I will be emailing you with more money lol

Also as you can see the other ear wasn't a complete loss. I put it on my first helmet that I am going to be using for the HWT. I had some practice with ABS paste I made and it works nicely. some sanding and polishing after it sets and I may have 2 perfectly fine helmets. Tonight I will sand a tad more and leave as is. Some times you need to know when to stop. 

ANH HWT Bucket with "ruined" ears 

20160308_071320_zpsairnwgxi.jpg

20160308_071739_zpsyv1zulcq.jpg

ESB Bucket with markings where a bit of fine tuning still needs to be performed

IMG_4901_zpsicpgz5ot.jpg

IMG_4900_zpsarki8xpi.jpgIMG_4902_zpsu9c5czjc.jpgIMG_4903_zpshksjtvkr.jpg

IMG_4900_zpsarki8xpi.jpg

Jesus... It just hit me that I've been at this for like 2 months and I don't even have my 2nd helmet together... I have an ear on it :(

how embarrassing....

Bah, not e,barraging, there are others who had their suit in the attic for a year, and dragged it out now, to work on lol. Like I said before, take your time, The Legion will be waiting no matter how long the process.

All is looking awesome!

• Like 2

Same thing man I'll put some time in here and there and then have spurts of ocd

Yeah man I haven't touched mine in a few weeks. I started to slow down. There's no real rush

• Like 1

I think the key with ears is they take how much time they take. Some time you need to put them down and come back later. I did them on and off across the build. All the experience pays off in the end.

• Like 1

You're probably right Joe. I have them about where I want them now so I'll just finish now. I'll start the next piece with something easier. Any suggestions?

I think the key with ears is they take how much time they take. Some time you need to put them down and come back later. I did them on and off across the build. All the experience pays off in the end.

Llnew one looks awesome! Old one looks funny with the shaved brow lol

I started putting the lenses in last night but the left lens came free from the epoxy and turns our it wasn't positioned right, I'll sand her down tonight, and readjust. I'm really happy with how the sanding diligence paid off. A few gaps but pretty unnoticeable.

As for the old helmet the right ear is much thinner than the right. It's not on my list of priorities but I will work on making them more symmetrical when I start going for my HWT build. at a much later date. Nothing more satisfying than getting things acceptable to yourself. THat old bucket is DEFINITELY not there yet but its not the tour de force for this build.

Stay on Target Dave!

• Like 2

and I know I am going to obsess all day about how I can fix the screws and nuts in the lenses. THey are a bit messy looking and asymmetrical but we'll see how far I go to rectify this. 

• Like 2

and I know I am going to obsess all day about how I can fix the screws and nuts in the lenses. THey are a bit messy looking and asymmetrical but we'll see how far I go to rectify this.

Keep in mind, no one sees them but you... If it works, don't fix it lol
  • Like 2

Just a side note that I'm kind of proud of on the old bucket I made those hovi tips myself they came in a rough resin that I cleaned up installed the innards, painted and installed the screen.

• Like 1

Just a side note that I'm kind of proud of on the old bucket I made those hovi tips myself they came in a rough resin that I cleaned up installed the innards, painted and installed the screen.

Can't really see them, but looking pretty good from what I can see! Lol

• Like 2