AP ESB Build WIP

Here you go I found the email:

"Hi Aaron,

AP biceps, forearms and shoulder bells are the same for both left and right also seen on some of the movie suits.

Mark (AP)"

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

Good to know. I am working on the arm parts for the moment. Forearms are trimmed and sanded working on the biceps now. probably should consider cutting my cover strips and making snaps

• Like 2

K guys need your opinion here are my sanded and trimmed arm bits. I definitely need to trim the butt strips down to around 7mm on each side for the 13mm cover strips. some dry fitting showed me I may need to whittle them down to almost the curves of the armour for a decent fit on my slender frame to look, not skin tight, but like an armour shell as it is supposed to. I need to get more pics up to see the other sides. but how am I doing so far? 

IMG_4936_zpsynmvfbtk.jpg

IMG_4937_zpsnhn9ayue.jpg

IMG_4939_zpsf8kagj2i.jpg

IMG_4938_zpslgyjzzb3.jpg

gotcha I'm not done trimming anyway. Can you send me some pics of your biceps and shoulder bells? email or whatevs.

Aye mate, PM will be inbound shortly

from what I see I F*#ked up the top of the outside biceps already and trimmed too much of the return edge...  :56pullhair:  

K guys need your opinion here are my sanded and trimmed arm bits. I definitely need to trim the butt strips down to around 7mm on each side for the 13mm cover strips. some dry fitting showed me I may need to whittle them down to almost the curves of the armour for a decent fit on my slender frame to look, not skin tight, but like an armour shell as it is supposed to. I need to get more pics up to see the other sides. but how am I doing so far? 

IMG_4936_zpsynmvfbtk.jpg

IMG_4937_zpsnhn9ayue.jpg

IMG_4939_zpsf8kagj2i.jpg

IMG_4938_zpslgyjzzb3.jpg

yours :'(

a6e3d85268f6aabc8bc07df0e7424bbd.jpg

Those are the backs of the forearms Aaron I though it was the front that had to have no edge or is it both? A note this is only the tops of all the arm pieces.

Edited by ComradeDave

from what I see I F*#ked up the top of the outside biceps already and trimmed too much of the return edge... :56pullhair:

yours :'(

a6e3d85268f6aabc8bc07df0e7424bbd.jpg

Breathe Dave - it's ok mate! That area is covered by the shoulder bells and I did mine like Trooerbay video (it's a personal preference).

As for the forearms if you are able to keep your return edges on the back then do it - I had to shave mine off due to my Popeye forearms.

• Like 1

Thanks brother. I am built like a rail so I might be able to get away with this. I just want everything to be perfect. As anyone can clearly see reading my thread I am mentally ill lol.

So this is what I was up to last night.

I tested cutting the forearm butt/joints, around 6.5mm on each side for a 13mm coverstrip. 15mm will be a little too big, but we will have to see. Much to my surprise the leftover material from the cut was exactly 13mm and could be used for a coverstrip itself, however the material is leftover from the forming and might be too flimsy so I'll just do what I'm supposed to do lol.

As you can see I started by clamping the armour pieces down and measuring 6.5mm from the the lip of the armour curve.

IMG_4940_zpssu4yp2it.jpg

Then I carefully clamped my ruler along the marks I made and CAREFULLY scored repeatedly until the excess could be snapped off.

IMG_4935_zpswl3p8axs.jpg

IMG_4941_zpsvhnqqt7t.jpg

IMG_4942_zpshya2yrzf.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks bud the key for me is definitely two of of FISD's de facto mantras

1) Measure 3 times cut once. Or in my case Measure 3 times and score lightly and carefully a million times until the excess falls off lol

et deux,

TAKE YOUR TIME! ;)

cheers guys! It's St. Patty's Day so may the Luck of the Irish Smile Upon Ya, and in light of this fine holiday, I don't know how much I'll be able to get done tonight lol. Might be a bad idea...

• Like 1

Thanks bud the key for me is definitely two of of FISD's de facto mantras

1) Measure 3 times cut once. Or in my case Measure 3 times and score lightly and carefully a million times until the excess falls off lol

et deux,

TAKE YOUR TIME! ;)

cheers guys! It's St. Patty's Day so may the Luck of the Irish Smile Upon Ya, and in light of this fine holiday, I don't know how much I'll be able to get done tonight lol. Might be a bad idea...

Live it up mate - life is too short

Look's like this party turned into just a hang out Aaron my man. I wish I could get the kind of following you have on your thread lol. I need to start posting more progress, I'm not being entertaining enough.

• Like 1