AP ESB Build WIP

I may just leave it like Dan said. The helmet can have some battle damage the new ears will cover it. Seriously though they are kaput I could play with them a bit with hot water see if that does anything but at this point I'll just wait for Pyrates' ears.

After some thought on dent dilemma. The only "theory applications" I can think of would be either slowly working the inside of the crease point with a socked larger sealing iron and slowly start to work the area back in a bit at a time or using a steam gun (like they use on smoothing out silk plants). I would localize the area of work using Thermotrap Heat absorbing Gel in both cases to prevent the heat from transferring to areas it's not supposed to go. Yes, this is helmet surgery so practice on scrap first mate.

• Like 1

I have never used novus on the TK eye material, but I have used it on a clear motorcycle windscreen. It worked, you just have to go slow and only use 3 where you have to to minimize a big scratch. Honestly I think a diminishing abrasive car headlight restore polish might be better depending on the damage your trying to remove. The other thing I learned with novus is the polishing oils cause distortion (greasey look) When looking through the plastic. So wash well to check progress or when done.

• Like 1

Will do. I got over the helmet dilemma. I was going to buy an additional helmet anyway so this is actually a blessing in disguise my impulsiveNess has afforded me the ability to make my armour interchangeable between ANH and ESB. Couple extra ears, some new screws and nuts, cut out a couple lenses and get a new s trim voila this can become a HWT and ESB trooper build!

• Like 1

Some screw ups can be a blessing in disguise?<br><br>

Won't you need another chest/back set? HWT doesn't have shoulder bridges, do they?

According to this the HWT do need the abs bridge straps.. i was going to do this my self but they require the straps.. 

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_hwt

Edited by chwillis

HWT:
Shoulder Straps
For 501st approval:
  • Shoulder Straps are securely mounted in front and may free float in back. They may be affixed with rivets, Velcro, or adhesive. 

For level two certification (if applicable):
  • No visible rivets are allowed.
  • Shoulder straps are lightly scuffed,(battle worn), but not weathered like a Sandtrooper (TD).
For level three certification (if applicable):
  • Shoulder Straps are glued in front.

ANH Stunt:

Shoulder Straps
For 501st approval:
  • These shall be securely mounted in front and may free float in back. They may be affixed with rivets, Velcro, or adhesive. 

For level two certification (if applicable):
  • No visible rivets are allowed.
For level three certification (if applicable):
  • These shall free float in back.
  • These shall be glued in front.
  • The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

pretty similar is i did An ANH/ESB shoulder set up itd be acceptable for HWT cen approval

Edited by ComradeDave
  • Like 1

Well Lads and lasses... Helmet attempt 2 is going to be getting underway. My Bucket set from Mark of AP is coming today and I should be getting the ears from Pyrates soon. This is a lesson a valuable one at that for newbies reading this thread. NEVER USE HEAT GUNS ANYWHERE NEAR IMPORTANT PIECES OF YOUR ARMOUR!!! 

SERIOUSLY, don't do it, be smart lol, don't be like ComradeDave. 

if you're lucky the best you can hope for is an extra messed up helmet for another build, and awesome Detachment Mates that will come to your rescue.

• Like 1

I also realized why not many people are seeing or replying to this thread. ESB definitely doesn't get as much traffic as ANH. Cheers to my loyal brothers who keep cheering me on!

Whoo-Wah!

• Like 1

I also realized why not many people are seeing or replying to this thread. ESB definitely doesn't get as much traffic as ANH. Cheers to my loyal brothers who keep cheering me on!

Very true.
  • Like 1