someone has the 350 vaoucher from anovos ? plssss ?

Good luck with that. I've seen people sell their preorder but not at 350$, more like 500$ to 600$. Lowest I've seen is 450$ I think.

This is why I jumped at the offer, you won't ever find another deal like this. I wish you the best but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Edited by =Sv3=
  • Like 1

There was no voucher for that price. It was a timed discount so you had to buy before a certain day to be that price. Your best bet is probly to wait for the sandtrooper to get announced and hope it has a similar discount (although likely a little higher if it includes the backpack)

thnx guys, 

as for the armor, sylverbard, i'm more then willing to pay 350 for the armor plus 150 for accesories, plus 50-100 shipping.. that's fine

i'm not willing to pay 650 for armor parts, + 250 shipping + 200 tax + 150 accessories.. thats nearly 1300USD ...

it's not that i don't want to it's just i don't have that much money...

well i guess i'll just have to wait :( 

but pls guys if someone here is having a voucher or selling a kit pls contact me ...

• Like 1

thnx guys,

as for the armor, sylverbard, i'm more then willing to pay 350 for the armor plus 150 for accesories, plus 50-100 shipping.. that's fine

i'm not willing to pay 650 for armor parts, + 250 shipping + 200 tax + 150 accessories.. thats nearly 1300USD ...

but pls guys if someone here is having a voucher or selling a kit pls contact me ...

You can't get it for 350.00. It was only at celebration and after. People only have ten percent off sometimes. But ...when people start getting them and realize the work involved you might see some come up cheaper.

Ralf is correct, Shay...  The path to becoming a TK is certainly not an inexpensive one.  I am not sure what area of the world you are in, but perhaps the shipping should be no where near $250.00   My suggestion would be to start saving for the armor, but in the mean time start collecting the other things you will need to go with it, i.e. boots, supplies, undersuit, blaster, etc.

If you read through this excellent thread, it will break down how much you can expect to spend, (a lot of which will depend on your armorer, of course).  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28304-how-much-can-i-realistically-expect-to-pay-to-finish-my-stormtrooper-costume/

Edited by justjoseph63

I agree with the saving for the armor.  It is an expensive hobby, but it is also a patient one.  It took me about two years to go from wanting to become a TK to actually being one.  I saved for my armor for about a year. 

My advice; relax, save your pennies, and it will come in time.

thnx guys, 

as for the armor, sylverbard, i'm more then willing to pay 350 for the armor plus 150 for accesories, plus 50-100 shipping.. that's fine

I'm gonna be honest when I say I don't have any idea how you arrived at that price. Shipping should only be around $30 or so and the accessories needed for approval are all included except for the boots, and the holster might need a little work. That should run you about $130 at most, with buying a whole new holster. I don't know for sure about tax, but 30% sales tax seems a little extreme to me. I would say that probably the most you could expect to pay in taxes would be around $65 at 10% taxes, which is fairly generous. That would come out to a grand total of $875, which is a good deal cheaper than your $1300 estimate. If I were you I'd check out this thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/to get an idea of how much an armor build should realistically cost. I think that some of the most expensive and detailed builds might run that expensive, but most don't really get that pricey as far as I know.

Holy cow! I had no idea the shipping to Canada was so expensive! I'd also neglected to include customs because that's not something I have to deal with often if at all. That's a pretty high sales tax, as well. My bad, then. I was operating under the (very American) assumption that just about everyone in the world lives in America  :wacko:

Iirr shipping to Germany was around 160.<br><br>

When it arrives at the customs, i have to add 19% VAT (on the combined amount of paid price AND shipping), maybe also something around 5-9% fees,depending on what inco-terms number the officer checks in a plastic suit.<br><br>

Shay is from Israel.

Sales taxes are 15% in Quebec... Yup, you read that right!!! That shipping estimate doesn't seem right though. It starts at 48$ for me.

The basic shipping took three weeks. The hundred dollar shipping took two days.

And remember its 48.00 usd. Times 35%.

Edited by sylverbard

If $300 is what's stopping you, you better not take the plunge. There are many more costs involved. People always try to minimise when estimating, but by the time you buy tools, adhesives, snaps, velcro, cooling systems, boots, blaster, strapping, and miscellanea, a TK will cost you over $2000 CAD. Guaranteed. So again, if the $300 breaks your bank, I suggest being very careful. Hell, a storage bin or hockey bag to transport it is another $100. This needs to be fun for you, and it can't be fun if you're worried about starving to death. Please be careful and budget accordingly. We'd love to have you, but make sure it's a good time.

• Like 1

If $300 is what's stopping you, you better not take the plunge. There are many more costs involved. People always try to minimise when estimating, but by the time you buy tools, adhesives, snaps, velcro, cooling systems, boots, blaster, strapping, and miscellanea, a TK will cost you over $2000 CAD. Guaranteed. So again, if the $300 breaks your bank, I suggest being very careful. Hell, a storage bin or hockey bag to transport it is another $100. This needs to be fun for you, and it can't be fun if you're worried about starving to death. Please be careful and budget accordingly. We'd love to have you, but make sure it's a good time.

What she said! I must have spent at least 300$ on top and I don't even have my Aker amp. It's the only thing missing though, not counting misc hardware and tools like clamps and glue... I think I'll clock in at just over 1000$ Canadian, which is VERY reasonable for a TK from what I've read here. But you know, I may be far off and end up spending a lot more! Who knows?
  • Like 1