New Members Self Built DLT

Hello everyone while I've been waiting for my TK kit to turn up I thought I would have a go at making a DLT ,Its nearly all wood except the barrel which is 1"and quarter waste pipe I also used three quarter ally rod for an internal barrel to give the impreation of the real MG34 ,IMG_4217_zpsirsugdxn.jpgIMG_4218_2_zps1ednvirs.jpgIMG_4219_zpsnp7pvcnt.jpgIMG_4220_zps5vwlevle.jpgIMG_4222_zpsjysbivnl.jpgIMG_4223_zpszoec727v.jpgIMG_4224_zpsmzuiwpsl.jpgIMG_4225_zpstmxja1iq.jpgIMG_4226_zps6qwnwofr.jpgIMG_4231_zpsmwzjozlb.jpgIMG_4230_zpso6yghdac.jpgIMG_4229_zps4kj5khes.jpgIMG_4228_1_zpshcavvtlm.jpgIMG_4227_zpspulrci7p.jpgso you can look down the barrel. would be great if this is good enough to use to troop with when i get my armour cleared( please let me know)

Thanks for taking a look Andy

Good enough to troop with?  WOW!  This specimen of craftsmanship is good enough to display, Andy!!  I would love to have seen a build thread for this, as you obviously take great pride in your work, so I am thinking your armor is going to be a masterpiece!  Great job, sir, and thanks for sharing.

Thankyou very much it means alot, I started a build tread on the UK Garrison and posted a few pictures but did'nt get any reply so assumed it was'nt close enough so didnt bother taking any more pictures,IMG_4151_zpscpyi2zfk.jpgIMG_4152_zpsavvbsdpt.jpgIMG_4154_zpsyt5a889d.jpgIMG_4157_zpsqwcroknd.jpgIMG_4156_zpsl0gufti1.jpgIMG_4155_zpsivwvjlfp.jpgIMG_4153_zpsvgkjta8m.jpg but here are the ones i took

Thanks Andy

• Like 1

This looks awesome!<br><br>

I'm thinking of starting a build but not sure if I've got the skills to pull it off.<br><br><br>

Do you have a link to the thread on the UKG, I never saw it?

Edited by WhiteRoseSwampy

Now how funny is this it's your TK WIP that's inspired me to want to try for a Centurion build on my TK and your asking me if you have the skills I would say without a doubt ,as for the UKG you won't find any more info there I'm afraid . But if you want to go for it the first thing I would change is the type of wood ,I didn't think once I started It would get so involved in research and details .I would change the type of wood used I would have gone for a tulip or white wood where the grain is less evident when painted . If I can help let me know <br>

Thanks Andy

• Like 1

Now how funny is this it's your TK WIP that's inspired me to want to try for a Centurion build on my TK and your asking me if you have the skills I would say without a doubt ,as for the UKG you won't find any more info there I'm afraid . But if you want to go for it the first thing I would change is the type of wood ,I didn't think once I started It would get so involved in research and details .I would change the type of wood used I would have gone for a tulip or white wood where the grain is less evident when painted . If I can help let me know <br>

Thanks Andy

Small world!

The only things I've ever built out of wood is a table with a wonky leg and a doorstop so the prospect of building one of these makes me think I'm out of my depth but if I ever pluck up the courage I'll definitely be picking your brains!

Good luck with your armour build, hopefully see you trooping soon!

• 7 months later...

After getting such great feedback I decided to put my DLT in with my Centurion and got it approved , and then applied for weapon clearance with the UKG where the armourer help me get this a bit more accurate by changed a few bits on it.

Removed the ammo box cover and increased the size and remade the smaller box ot top of this with the more accurate pattern cut in to it .

Added new cocking plate parts

Added little riveted angled bracked on ammo exhaust port .

Put the two half covered holes in the barrel above the bio pod clamp .

Added two bracket that were missing under the stock , and put seration on old existing bracket .

Changed bio pod mounting pivot end  for more accurate .

And had ago at weathering , not to sure never done it before .

But overall pretty pleased , if any one can see something Iv'e missed please let me know

Cheers Andy

IMG_4728_zpstbq8ddqo.jpgIMG_4727_zps605bswxr.jpgIMG_4729_zpsoz6hcvvt.jpgIMG_4730_zpshodkmpyt.jpgIMG_4732_zpssgexagsu.jpgIMG_4733_zpsvhnltmmy.jpgIMG_4734_zpskjeyhfia.jpgIMG_4735_zpsldcri9zo.jpgIMG_4715_zpsubpmoppe.jpgIMG_4716_zpslyvk0tqa.jpgIMG_4717_zpsczq2h4bt.jpgIMG_4718_zpst5tw4hkj.jpgIMG_4719_zpsr7dhcdpl.jpgIMG_4726_zps1ulqdhdl.jpgIMG_4713_zps5g8lccmp.jpg

Thanks you all ,it means so much when you get such great comment from people who know how hard WE ALL work to try to make these things the best we can . Very much appreciated

• Like 1