What are your opinions on this armor set?

Hello everyone , I've been wanting to purchase some armor for some time now and as much as I would like to build it myself I rarely have the time off to do so. But still I would like something with 501st approval potential. I came across this set on eBay who claims it is 501st approved kit. <br><br>

------------------

Any opinions and observations would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>

Thanks!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Welcome to FISD, Bing.  Thanks for asking the question before jumping at something on eBay.

Rule #1 - AVOID EBAY!  Usually, the only reason why they sell on eBay is that they can't sell to those who know what armor should look like.

Rule #2 - The only 501st approved costume is one that has been fit to your specific body and all adjustments and fixed to meet the standards.  That costume will not pass 501st approval without heavy repairs. Note all the rivets in the seams! And the gray painting on the mask is way more than needed

Also, reading his ad, he says that it was a 501st approved KIT!   "FYI - This armor molding was approved by the 501st but you may want to look in to whether my construction methods are also approved."

He doesn't mention anything about a neck seal, but since he doesn't have one to wear, he wouldn't be selling it!

Avoid this opportunity and look here on FISD for better options.  Start your search with this thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Welcome again, and I hope we can assist you on your trail to becoming a Stormtrooper!

Edited by wingnut65
  • Like 1

I would steer away from this particular kit. On top of what wingnut said, it's already been (poorly) fitted and trimmed to someone, and it's highly unlikely that you'd be able to recover what's been done, to those thighs particularly.

There are a couple full kits available in the "For Sale or Trade" section, and you can always build from a reputable supplier.

Hello Bing, I'm a noob when it comes to TK armor(I have not built my own, waiting for my kit) but I have been reading through the wealth of info that is on this forum. What I see is thigh armor that is mismatched and maybe not even salvageable. The shin and forearm armor looks too short. Use this topic to start your research: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/ as wingnut suggested and continue to ask questions. There are a lot of troopers here that will help you. Another resource is to get in touch with your local garrison.