Seeing face in helmet from behind

So I have this problem where you can see my face in my helmet Other than wearing a balaclava (which is my last resort), what things can I do to hide my face better? Right now I'm considering putting a black vacuum house around the inside opening of the helmet or something like that.

post-18928-0-04734600-1444252664_thumb.jpg

You could also paint the inside of the helmet black, would give a darker appearance and not reflect the light as much.

• Like 1

You can also purchase a half mask instead of an entire balaclava. Ā The one pictured here could have the mouth cut out completely, and your neck seal would probably cover the bottom. Plus, the top is open, which would keep you cooler...

Ā 

ZEexXbV.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2015 at 5:59 AM, justjoseph63 said:

You can also purchase a half mask instead of an entire balaclava. Ā The one pictured here could have the mouth cut out completely, and your neck seal would probably cover the bottom. Plus, the top is open, which would keep you cooler

That's another thought I had and it's looking like the best option right now.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

I wonder if these come in black? Ā  :PĀ  Ā s8p6pws.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

How much padding do you have in the top of your helmet, Hank? Ā I just remembered that I had a problem with the "bobble-head" look, until I finally realized that I had used 1 inch thick foam. Ā I reduced it down to 1/4 inch, and the difference was amazing. Ā (I could actually see out of the eye openings)!Ā 

How much padding do you have in the top of your helmet, Hank? I just remembered that I had a problem with the "bobble-head" look, until I finally realized that I had used 1 inch thick foam. I reduced it down to 1/4 inch, and the difference was amazing. (I could actually see out of the eye openings)!

Ā 

Pretty much none. I just have a few strips of this window insulation foam that comes in a roll.