My armor test from today

I suited up and tried to take pics, but they came out blurred so i figured id do a lil video from my camera. Its kinda silly but you should be able to see the armor all around and hear the sound system. I didnt have the volume all the way up cuz i get feedback sometimes, although i can make it a bit louder than i had it. Im also having problems getting my neckseal to stay in the back of my suit. When i lift my arms to put on my bucket, the "skirt" of the neck seal comes out of the undersuit in the back. ugh..anyone know any tips to avoid that? Also i think one of my shins was open on the top, because i didnt put them on when i normally do and didnt feel like undoing the belt and ab/kidney plates again. The sound system is from triktoys, it was just an amp board and a mic. I frankenstiened it a bit to get it all in the helmet, which was no easy take for an AP bucket haha. It doesnt have a static burst, but by blowing into the mic you can get the sound you hear. Im going for ANH elite status eventually...so what do you guys think so far? the ab buttons are the correct size and colors, i have a canvas belt, and the butt/kidney plates are seperate. The holster i made myself with some spare leather i had layin around. It is attached with snaps on the underside of the belt, on the left. The lenses are a dark green welding visor cut to fit. All im waiting for is my boots! arrgh! Anyway,enjoy me being a total geek for about 1 minute lol :D ....oh and dont mind the mess :rolleyes:

STORMTROOPER TEST #1

Very good!

What a happy accident that the photos came out blurry - it was great to see video instead of stills.

It's great to see not just the particulars of the armour, but how it's animated.

And the audio really makes it all come alive. I'm impressed.... I really need to get a system into my bucket....

Very good!

What a happy accident that the photos came out blurry - it was great to see video instead of stills.

It's great to see not just the particulars of the armour, but how it's animated.

And the audio really makes it all come alive. I'm impressed.... I really need to get a system into my bucket....

heh thanks! i guess it was kind of a happy accident wasnt it? I look drunk with all the spinning and then just standing there, lol, but it got my point across heh. the sound system was only 50 bucks from triktoys. Altho the speakers were and aditional 50, which i got from our very own Stomper B) it still needs a bit of tweaking but its pretty good. The static burst was just me blowing into the mic. its good cuz i can do it only when i want, rather than it happening every time i say anything lol.

Good looking armor Lou. Video helped show it off a lot better than stills would have. Nice job. Static burst sounds perfect. I like the idea of blowing into the mic so you can do it when you feel like it. Most of the time you don't always here it in the movies. At least from what I noticed so thats a good touch and sounds great. I really want to do sound. I'm getting hoarse screaming out of my helmet because my newton and radio shack amps both don't work and they are brand new never been used. I have terrible luck with this I guess.

Looking great! I only saw some small nits, but nothing that would prevent 501st or Elite status really.

1) You may want to adjust the plastic shoulder straps more to the front.

2) I'd suggest tapering the thighs down near the knees - this is always trouble with the FX

3) Are the ab plate buttons the correct size? Hard to tell in laptop mode.

The split butt plate came out well, though it can probably be tightened up just a little in the small area, if you take my meaning.

Again, small nits & nothing that won't get dialed in over time.

Looking great! I only saw some small nits, but nothing that would prevent 501st or Elite status really.

1) You may want to adjust the plastic shoulder straps more to the front.

HMMM...I MAY DO THAT

2) I'd suggest tapering the thighs down near the knees - this is always trouble with the FX

I ACTUALLY CANT MUCH MORE, I HAVE FAT LEGS LOL. I MESSED WITH THEM ALOT AND FOUND THE WAY THEY ARE TO BE THE HAPPY MEDIUM BETWEEN THEM LOOKING DECENT AND NOT BEING SO TIGHT AT THE BOTTOM THAT THEY LIMIT MOVEMENT..THEY WERE SITTING ABIT LOWER THAN I NORMALLY HAVE THEM THOUGH, THE GARTER THINGY SLID DOWN A BIT, SO NORMALLY THEY WOULD BE A BIT HIGHER AND THE BOTTOMS ARE PRETTY MUCH AS TIGHT AS THEY CAN BE.

3) Are the ab plate buttons the correct size? Hard to tell in laptop mode.

YUP, THEY ARE, I GOT EM FROM VADER DAVE, CORRECT SIZE AND COLORS

The split butt plate came out well, though it can probably be tightened up just a little in the small area, if you take my meaning.

HEH IM GUESSIN YOU MEAN THE CROTCH STRAP COULD BE TIGHTER?, CUZ I WAS THINKING OF SHORTENING IT A BIT.

Again, small nits & nothing that won't get dialed in over time.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and thanks Daetrin, i welcome the comments. im also planning on trimming the bottom of the chest plate on the sides to make it a bit more accurate, and using that tutorial on here to get the retun edge back.

ALSO...good news! the boots camne today, so i may do another video, since everyone seems to dig the idea. Im going to take official pics for the 501st this weekend.

then i go for elite ANH :D

Woo boots! Congrats on finishing it at last :D

haha thanks Lizz! its about time huh? lol Im already in contact with my garrison, so this weekend one of my freinds said she'd take the pics for me for my submission to the 501st, and im on my way....weeeeeeeee! lol

heres a couple i took with the camera timer that didnt come out blurry lol.

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg