LoveMonkey's AM 2.0 Build Thread

I use two squirrel fans pointed directly at the lenses to prevent fogging. I've also found that I fog more with certain balaclavas. I bought a high end balaclava on Amazon, spending 3x as much as on the others, and I no longer fog. Better materials, maybe? Superior design? Not sure. But, it is awesome to no longer worry about fogging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look for "Cat Crap" on Amazon. Wipe on, wipe off. That will help, but only so much. You definitely need fans to stay cool and keep those lenses clear.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

^This 

I can get away with fog free action sans fans with cat crap. 

Also Echo's fans are the shizznit.

-Eric

So I know I’ve been slacking with pictures but I’m finally done.  I submitted the pictures after some final tweaks and I’m happy to say that I’ve been approved by my GML.  I received my Legion approval today.  Say hello to TD-18542.  Below are pictures of the final outcome.  There are still some minor fixes that the GML wants done and I will get to those ASAP.  It feels good to be done but it’s sad at the same time because I really did learn a lot through the process and I feel proud to have made something so awesome.  Now it’s on to building the backpack.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and support.  It was much appreciated.

Front_zpskca9rca9.jpg

Right_zps8igygqwr.jpg

Left_zpswnhq2rxn.jpg

Back_zpsh6ivpicc.jpg

Paldron-Helmet_zpsyuyukhs5.jpg

I’ll update this with my backpack build soon.

Looking good!  The process is never really over.  You'll always be wanting to make improvements on your kit.  And, then, of course, there will be the inevitable urge to start another build...

• 4 months later...

Sorry to everyone for resurrecting this old thread, but I had a question for some of the pros.  Anyone have any suggestions for raising the brow on my bucket?  The AM bucket seems to want to sit flush with the top of the eyes and since I would like to go for level 2 certification over at MEPD, I thought I'd ask.

How much material do you have to work with? I know AM is a 3 piece set so you might have to trim away material to get the desired effect. On normal 2 piece setups you mess with the tilt of the face to cap pieces

If I remember right there is about an inch and a half the is hidden up in the cap of the helmet. It seems though, when I put it together way back, it just naturally wants to ride up into the cap. I'm not sure if I can try tilting it down.

I did try inserting some foam in between the cap and the extra plastic to try and force it down but that didn't seem to work.