black sith armor

i know we shouldn't judge people by the color of their skin, but we have every right to to judge people based on the color of thier ARMOR!!!

this forum is for WHITE armor only... j/k

please see the special ops forum for more information on TX's (we're TK's here.. and proud of it!!)

TX armor wearing folks are welcome here just like everyone else. Besides this is the best resource out there for assembling and upgrading stormtrooper armor (of any color), so by all means let the TXs come on by.

Agreed. I looked over the CRL for TX and aside from color it's pretty identical to TK's. If black hole troopers had come out today instead of years ago, they might have ended up here instead of there.

TX's are as welcome here as anyone else who's armor's based off the TK.

A well done black hole trooper looks really tight. You can get kits via Deckerd on this site.

Note that the TX is typically 100% FX and people haven't been as conscientious about fit/trimming or upgrading helmets as TK's/TD's have been. Then again, TK's in the 501st overall have lagged behind other costumes too in terms of quality up until recently ;-)

SpecOps Det is actually a great group of guys too - so no TX bashing folks.

I never meant to hurt anyone's feelings... to borrow the words from Dr. King... "let us not be judged by the color of our armor, but the content of our character"....

As stated before, the TK and TX kits are pretty much the same, and the FISD has all the info, the tips, the tricks needed to work on and adjust your armor, regardless of the color

I was just being silly... i've seen some people who comment on "dirty" troopers needing to go to MEPD... I hope i didn't hurt anyone's feelings....

Pro'lly not any of the new folks, but some divisions are old and some people carry those chips. Most of the arguments are long forgotten...but it is mindful of how easy friendly rivalries can be mis-construed.

Awwww C'mon.......we're all bros here! No feelings hurt. You know that FX kit is bulky and requires much work for us smaller framed troops, I for one am totally into improving my TX . Working on Helmet and custom holster now in fact. I'm going for ANH Elite stats in black. I do appreciate all the great input here at FISD and you guys do look good in white! And who else is nuts enought to do a TE in Black????? :D

Actually that's a pretty cool idea. I'll ping Kev and see what he says - either SpecOps has it's own program, or we can - if SpecOps is OK with it - have a parallel program here for TX's.

Actually we have some TX's (Shadow Troopers) that have taken to the upgrade bug and are replacing their FX helms with repainted APs or MR CE helms just like you guys do here and our standards are just as high as yours, with the exception of Elite status, which we haven't explored but it's not disallowed per our CRL.

The TX (Special Operations Trooper) Det actually predates the FISD by a few years and the first comic appearance of a stealth trooper dates back to 1978 when they captured Luke and Leia, but we share many common bonds of brotherhood and common goals. When we developed the CRL standard for TX's, we consciously looked to the FISD and BikerScout.net to help define our standard for a sense of continuity yet modified them slightly to reflect our EU differences. As Paul can tell you, we have very close ties to our white TK brothers here and wish for this cooperation to continue in harmony.

The only difference between us is in EU lore, as TX's are considered the Empire's special forces. Small attack teams of 2-4 troopers with highly specialized armor vs. the might of a force of white TKs. We scout and clear the way so you guys can do your job against the Rebels. ;)

We have a great and friendly community, so if you get the chance, drop in and say hi.

Kevin Christley

501st Spec Ops Det Lead

Roger that brother!

The Spec Ops detachment at----------- is a great group of guys and gals. TX and TK compliment each other really well, and I also encourage each and every one of you to pay a visit and say "hi" at some point.

Better together is what I say :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021