I've been recast.

sskunky

Hi everyone

Just thought I would spread the news that the tosser named makerofthings! Has recast my Rotj JoeR helmet and is openly selling his cheap HIPs recasts on eBay. He even tells people what they are cast from if you ask.

----------

Not much I can do about it but feel free to message him with your concerns of his blatant recasting.

Thanks peeps.

Mark.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Sigh...  I've seen this name kicked around here and there, and never in a good way.

Sorry to hear about this, Mark.

Rest assured that "makerofthings" will now be a hot-button topic if it comes up here.

• Like 2

Yeah. He's a notorious one. Haven't seen that name in a while and was hoping he had faded off into obscurity. Sorry to hear it, Mark.

• Like 1

Well, the only good thing to take away from this is that if your stuff is good enough to recast, it is the best of the best!

• Like 3

mark, I posted on your facebook page last night. Ill look for his info as I bought an E-11 from him a while back and had contact with him over how crappy it was 

• Like 1

This is such a grey area and I know some people class us all as recasters.

What I don't get is these very people are members of the replica community and fuel this very thing.

If it wasn't for people like me spending thousands of pounds and getting to know the people that have access to original props and moulds there would be no screen accurate props cast from originals. At best you would have fan sculpted or licensed props and we all know with the exception of a very few talented people what we would all be running around in! :laugh1: I don't just offer Stormtrooper armour, I try and offer a range of fine quality replicas from cult movies. If you have ever seen my other props you will know what I mean.

Someone posted on my facebook page basically saying I was no better than the person that recast me and that I should step down from my moral high ground! This is someone that is a collector and maker of replica props! Well all I can say is good luck in your collection, you obviously don't care for any screen lineage.

I feel quite passionate about this topic as I go to a lot of trouble to offer what I do. I have never recast anyone to my knowledge apart from TMs handguards when we first started as I was told by the person I got them from that they were from an original pair! LOL so out of respect to Paul I sculpted my own even though he graciously gave me permission to use them.

If I am going to be branded a recaster for moulding and casting production made items I may as well stop what I am doing and move along.........

This is such a grey area and I know some people class us all as recasters.

What I don't get is these very people are members of the replica community and fuel this very thing.

If it wasn't for people like me spending thousands of pounds and getting to know the people that have access to original props and moulds there would be no screen accurate props cast from originals. At best you would have fan sculpted or licensed props and we all know with the exception of a very few talented people what we would all be running around in! :laugh1: I don't just offer Stormtrooper armour, I try and offer a range of fine quality replicas from cult movies. If you have ever seen my other props you will know what I mean.

Someone posted on my facebook page basically saying I was no better than the person that recast me and that I should step down from my moral high ground! This is someone that is a collector and maker of replica props! Well all I can say is good luck in your collection, you obviously don't care for any screen lineage.

I feel quite passionate about this topic as I go to a lot of trouble to offer what I do. I have never recast anyone to my knowledge apart from TMs handguards when we first started as I was told by the person I got them from that they were from an original pair! LOL so out of respect to Paul I sculpted my own even though he graciously gave me permission to use them.

If I am going to be branded a recaster for moulding and casting production made items I may as well stop what I am doing and move along.........

Nah man, I know emotions are probably running high right now but give it a few breaths and you'll get past this.

It's crappy when you get copied and really digs a pit in your gut. You just have to fight it where you can and keep moving forward. You can't let the words of a few cloud out the words of the many who support you.

• Like 1

Its good to hear you say that sskunky. People in this hobby pay attention to quality and are willing to pay the extra to get the right things from the right place. Take the recasting as a compliment that you really did this right, and be safe in the knowledge that plenty of people will choose you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Will always support you and direct peeps from my local Garrison to you, as I have done in the past and do here on FISD.

For ROTJ, it's CFO all the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

He's telling the truth. It is cast from my JoeR Helmet. He doesn't even lie about it.

The dude is the worst.

The. Worst.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1