My RS Commisioned Armour

So I'm also investing in a RS full commission, received it yesterday in fact!  Now I haven't done a full wear test but a few quick questions for those in the know

- I also have the gap...haven't gained weight since I ordered and provided measurements.  The strap that goes across on the left side is not tight but that side does not close (the right is completely closed), it has a 1-4 inch gap (the V mentioned above), is that an issue? 

- The front chest piece cuts into my neck more than I would believe, when I turn my head even with the seal on it's really noticeable.  I wasn't wearing the ammo belt and e11 so guessing the neck issue will go away once more weight is added to the front?

- I didn't receive an under-belt to hold up the thigh pieces, was that something I'm expected to provide (not hard) or should I give them a bad time for not including it?

Thanks!

Could just be the strapping needs to be tweeked tighter a bit, but wearing the belt tight will help a lot in closing that gap.  You will know if the armor is too small, if there is no play in it.  Can you pull the armor together to close the gap?  

Getting everything suited up for sure is the way to go before you start cutting the chest.  I would think thigh garters are an after market add on for sure, a few different ones out there.  

Looks awesome, Brother!!! Never get tire of looking at that armor

Really!? It's disgustingly beautiful.

As someone said "You should send it to me immediately for disposal" or something like that  :laugh1:

Thigh garters would be useful, belt i made isn't cutting it.  Figured out the side gap, it was the ammo belt that made the difference which i didn't put on yesterday, gap is about 1/4 or less on the right side..(golly Mr. Wizard you look in the mirror and reflection is the reverse...gee wiz, how about that... :blink: .).

Questions on the shin armor, were anyone else's seem kind of big?

• Like 1

Well think I've answered my own questions using time and test drives...what do you all think, acceptable?  Not sure about yellow glow, showed up on close photos but not ones taken from farther away...also only have a droid DNA camera set on high def.  Submitted these and more to our local GML..hopefully he isn't in Vegas this weekend!

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

All right!  Should have a TK # coming your way soon!  You could still make some tweeks if you wanted to take it further;  Looks like the straps could be lengthened holding the chest and back together;  this would bring the chest down some (you can just about see the gap over the ab piece) and would bring the back and kidney down to better align with the top edge of the ab;  these should be level and it looks like your kidney is about an inch high.  Might need to add some stirrups and/or velcro to keep the shins over the boots too. 

Edited by Tusken RTT

Thanks for the feedback!

I definitely would like to improve it some, the chest piece also presses on my neck more than I would think so would like to lower it for that reason too.  I've already looked at the tutorial and will be making the change.  The boots are from RS so original and kind of short, would taller boots be a better path forward?  Otherwise I have the velcro and have seen the tutorial on keeping the shins down...part of the problem is i'm 6'2" with size 13 (12 UK) boots, so the top of the boot is wider than the bottom of the shin pushing it up when i walk.  May need to change the 'accurate strapping' on the shins to velcro to better close the bottom and almost tuck it into the boot or put some padding into shin bottom to push it out IOT go over the boot top.

Goal is once i get accepted and a troop or two under my belt I will be looking to make it EIB eligible.

The strapping should be fine on the shin, but stirrups and velcro would both do the trick.  I had both with my BASS boots and that worked to keep the shins down, but I found some TK boots and then did not need either and now go just boots and shin armor with nothing else.  The taller thinner boot definitely helps! 

• 8 months later...

I've got a fully commissioned TK build being delivered from RS Prop Masters this next week as my first armor, and I have two questions that I probably should have considered prior to my investment, but I figure better late than never:

1. Are you able to sit down in this?

2. Is it possible to put this on without assistance?

I've got a fully commissioned TK build being delivered from RS Prop Masters this next week as my first armor, and I have two questions that I probably should have considered prior to my investment, but I figure better late than never:

1. Are you able to sit down in this?

2. Is it possible to put this on without assistance?

I wouldn't advise sitting down... but it is possible if you're careful.

Most TKs can put their costume on without assistance. It takes some practice though :)

-Eric

Great armour. Looks amazing.

Can you explain the order in which you dress, please? I'm trying to work out the best sequence for my own RS armour. I'm also thinking to abandon the shin hooks in favour of velcro as I find it pretty much impossible to fasten/unfasten the hooks myself.

Anyone else find their armour "clanks" when moving around? Particularly when bending forward. The original strapping causes the armour pieces to catch on each other and pop back when one moves around.

On 2/27/2015 at 12:20 AM, Boomstick said:

After all this time, I am proud to say that I now own myself a set of RS armour. However, I did end up cheating and paying extra for the commissioning fee rather than build it myself. I am surprised by how well it fits me too. It doesn't feel loose or too big in areas nor does it feel too tight or small. But hopefully, I'll get to do the next one properly! 

What is your height and weight?

• 3 weeks later...

Do you go to a tailor and get all your measurements or just measure yourself for the kit??

If you purchase it assembled that may not be a bad idea though not really necessary. If you build it it's a measure yourself as you go process.

Do you go to a tailor and get all your measurements or just measure yourself for the kit??

When you place your order with RS, they send you a .pdf document with a body diagram and instructions of where to measure. All you need is a cloth/flexible tape, and you can do it yourself. The biggest thing is to not be wearing loose/baggy or thick clothing when you do your measurements.

Even with all the "measure twice, write it down once" caution I employed, I still ended up needing to resize my thighs. They were way off! Like 2-3 inches.

Same here. Works great and I've pretty much mastered doing it myself in my RS.

I use exactly that order, except that I leave my fore arms off until I have my gloves on , then I put me helmet on. Leaving the forearms off allows more movement yo get the lid on . Then I put the forearms on last . However, some troopers have the forearms fastened to the biceps , making my method impossible .

You will,soon get the hang of it . But there are always people in the changing room that are not in armor , who will be glad to assist when needed .

What about the measurement ? I am planning to buy a full assembled kit from RS due to time problems and not to be a skilled craftsman. May be I try to build up my second Trooper.

Did you left some space for the measurement? For example chest 50 cm and you wrote to them 52 cm because of having a little bit air between the body and the armor to move more easily ?

What about the measurement ? I am planning to buy a full assembled kit from RS due to time problems and not to be a skilled craftsman. May be I try to build up my second Trooper.

Did you left some space for the measurement? For example chest 50 cm and you wrote to them 52 cm because of having a little bit air between the body and the armor to move more easily ?

I would suggest giving them the most accurate measurements that you can. Mine fit like a glove in all places except the thighs, which makes me think that they just made a mistake with the construction there. After resizing the thighs, everything fits awesome and looks like it was tailored for my body. BTW I'm 5'10" and 175 lbs.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2