Interview with the SFS helmet.....oh and TE tagged along ;)

Back when I was goofing a bit with my OLLLLD video camera, and Matt was a hair from selling the SFS(Dave M) helmet, I decided instead of a bunch of pictures I would shoot an interview with them both. Granted, TE did the talking but the helmet never disagreed :P It was more than a year in his hands before selling it, and I think I filmed this a week or so before it was sold(I never procrastinate today what I can procrastinate about tomorrow) I'm looking to firewire(or whatever you do with a VHS camera to upload the footage to PCs) the tape and put it on youtube for all to see. (some anyway, can't give it all away when making a docu!) But for now, as I don't have screen cap software, here's a few pics from the footage off my TV. Yes, I am SO behind B)

Shame I didn't get more of the background, it was a cool guestroom! It was cool getting to hold the helmet, seeing the interior(nope, didn't get to film that). I forgot to ask to try it on, too :o But it's cool to be in the same room as something so iconic. After I get some footage uploaded, I'll work a bit more on the docu which also includes video with the Luke Ceremonial Jacket and its at the time owner, the Death Star, and a few other major props.

My the film be with you!

JJ

interesting, I was reading "Sculpting a Galaxy" and there's a note in there about how during the LF move to Modesto (?) that the Death Star got misplaced and thrown away. Someone knew what it was, rescued it from the dumpster and it's now in a private collection. I take it you found that person?

interesting, I was reading "Sculpting a Galaxy" and there's a note in there about how during the LF move to Modesto (?) that the Death Star got misplaced and thrown away. Someone knew what it was, rescued it from the dumpster and it's now in a private collection. I take it you found that person?

That's more or less the story. I've actually known the guy for about 8 years :D It's at the SCIFI Museum in Seattle on display at the moment.

JJ

"Set for Stun" the owner is known as Dave M. and it provided the ears for some of the more popular helmet molds.

Ā 

Ā 

Do I win anything?

"Set for Stun" the owner is known as Dave M. and it provided the ears for some of the more popular helmet molds.

Ā 

Ā 

Do I win anything?

Ā 

Thanks! I thought it looked familiar. I spent much time gazing at this bucket on starwarshelmets when I was working on my AP. I did not know about it providing ears for the helmet molds though. Interesting.

Thanks! I thought it looked familiar. I spent much time gazing at this bucket on starwarshelmets when I was working on my AP. I did not know about it providing ears for the helmet molds though. Interesting.

Oh dear.. I forgot we did that.

Ā 

Yes, I molded the ears from this helmet. Gino did not as he would have people believe he molded ANYTHING original from a real helmet.

Ā 

I hope the TE forming session never airs... Thats a train wreck in itself.. WOW

Ā 

T*E

Oh dear.. I forgot we did that.

Ā 

Yes, I molded the ears from this helmet. Gino did not as he would have people believe he molded ANYTHING original from a real helmet.

Ā 

I hope the TE forming session never airs... Thats a train wreck in itself.. WOW

Ā 

T*E

Yes, the camera committed suicide over the affair :D I think that video beat Pulp Fiction on the F-count. B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...