TK-12169 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [TM][431]

TK-12169 requesting EIB status for his Stormtrooper armor (Trooper Master - ANH Stunt)

• Name: Michael Seeger
  • ID: TK-12169
  • Forum Name: Trooper Mitch
  • Garrison: German Garrison
  • Armor Maker: Trooper Master
  • Helmet Maker: Trooper Master
  • Blaster Type: Doopydoo
  • Height: 170 cm
  • Weight: 72 kg
  • Boots: Busse Jodhpur (painted white)
  • Canvas Belt: Self made
  • Hand Plates: Self made (latex painted white)
  • Neck Seal: TK-2647
  • Holster: Self made (using TM's template)
The following pics are "small" versions. Each section is followed by thumbnails which are links to the preceding pics in their original (higher) resolution.

Full Body

tk12169_01_frontarmsaxjj9z.jpg

tk12169_02_backarmsatbyjg1.jpg

tk12169_03_leftarmraixujk3.jpg

tk12169_04_rightarmrawsj3g.jpg

tk12169_05_rightsided0djyo.jpg

tk12169_06_leftsidederujo8.jpg

tk12169_01_frontarmsapbul4.jpg tk12169_02_backarmsata2ul2.jpg tk12169_03_leftarmrailjusc.jpg tk12169_04_rightarmra61ugc.jpg tk12169_05_rightsidedfbucb.jpg tk12169_05a_rightsidey9uvg.jpg tk12169_06_leftsidedehtum6.jpg tk12169_06a_leftsidedhsuka.jpg

Armor Details

tk12169_07_abdomendetntjo3.jpg

tk12169_08_actionshot0lkgn.jpg

tk12169_08a_actionsho3ijra.jpg

tk12169_21_bucketoffxxufx.jpg

tk12169_09_codandbuttbyjlv.jpg

tk12169_10_interiorstx2jsv.jpg

tk12169_07_abdomendet2eu5b.jpg tk12169_08_actionshotttuaw.jpg tk12169_08a_actionshohlpjb.jpg tk12169_21_bucketoffqsol4.jpg tk12169_09_codandbuttmfuqe.jpg tk12169_10_interiorst7iupg.jpg tk12169_10a_interiorsa7uof.jpg tk12169_10b_interiorsgruxy.jpg

Helmet Details

tk12169_11_helmetfron6ek8u.jpg

tk12169_12a_helmetsida6kst.jpg

tk12169_12b_helmetsid9jkdg.jpg

tk12169_13_helmetbacklsk9q.jpg

tk12169_14_helmethovisnjgo.jpg

tk12169_15_helmetlensiruve.jpg

tk12169_11_helmetfronpyu01.jpg tk12169_12a_helmetsid2tu3y.jpg tk12169_12b_helmetsidvwu28.jpg tk12169_13_helmetback6cuer.jpg tk12169_14_helmethovi9pug2.jpg tk12169_15_helmetlensx7up7.jpg

Blaster Details

tk12169_16_blasterlefxguu7.jpg

tk12169_17_blasterrigbcu15.jpg

tk12169_16_blasterlef5spyc.jpg tk12169_17_blasterriglirft.jpg

Accessory Details

tk12169_18_necksealcpuip.jpg

tk12169_19_thermaldetacubn.jpg

tk12169_20_holsterattxnux0.jpg

tk12169_18_neckseal3uqm7.jpg tk12169_19_thermaldet6toij.jpg tk12169_20_holsterattp6roh.jpg

Following this link you'll find some pics of the single components of this armor's build: TK-12169 TM Build

Edited by Trooper Mitch

Congrats- looks great!  All I see is the back of the belt needs to be pulled down a bit to the bottom of the kidney;  It looks like your thighs are twisting a bit outwards on you too.  Not sure if the external snap on the upper rt kidney is for EIB or Cent.    Love the TK labeling and the matt for the pics!

Not much to say here regarding EIB award. Excellent work! There's few details here and there that could be improve, but they're more about Centurion requirements (even above).

All I see is the back of the belt needs to be pulled down a bit to the bottom of the kidney

The belt is where it should be. Nothing to say here.

vlcsna14.jpg

• Like 2

Great looking build. I like the way you've put imitation 'screen accurate' brackets in, but used strapping and snaps for actual fixing.

Just some fitment ideas to consider - the twisting of the thighs as Scott mentioned, and not sure if you can stop the butt riding up over the kidney by tightening up those straps perhaps.

Good luck and congrats!

• Like 1

Hi Michael. You have done an excellent job on your build. Like what has been said above, your thighs are really throwing me off. Is there anyway you can get them straightened up? Your thigh ammo pack looks like it's riveted to the back of your leg because of the thigh orientation.

Also I would recommend you work on your butt plate. Could you maybe make the straps from the kidney to the butt longer? Maybe that would give the slack it needs to lower the butt plate a little?

Overall the armor is put together extremely well. If you could just get the thighs rotated in then it would be near perfect.

Good luck on your application!

• Like 1

Fantastic looking build, Michael...

Everyone has mentioned the rotating thighs, so I'll just gloss over it right here.

Only tiny little detail I'll mention (and I don't believe it is an EIB thing, either off the top of my head) is that you could paint the screws in your TD black. In the pictures, they look silver.

Phenomenal build... Should be quick and painless. ;)

• Like 1

Hello everybody,

thank you all for your benevolent comments :) I'd like to answer them so far ...

@all:

Yes, my thighs are too much twisted outside and it looks quite odd but this is just a problem of the current setting for these pics. I apologize! Should have also used a mirror to finally check that :P ... Actually it's a matter of adjusting the thight loops along the belt and also get the shins adusted well ;-) ... Here's another pic where you can see that I'm able to adjust this ... kind of ...

p1090861lysc4.jpg ... still not quite perfectly adjusted but I'm sure you'll get the point ;)

@Tusken RTT

You're right: The snap on the kidney plate is already for Centurion (next/final step to climb) and the matt is not just for shooting pics but it also lays in our living room ;)

@The5thHorseman

Thanks for your comment on the belt-issue. Maybe you could PM me your points about the improvements suggesting for Centurion?

@SithLord and @Nagedzi

The screw imitation I saw in a thread and I also found it very good looking so I applied the screws in order to achieve more accuracy.

@starsaber25

I'll give it a try by lengthen the straps between the butt and kidney plate (especially on the overlapping side) The strapping here might really be a little bit too tight. It might also be caused by the tightness of the fabric connecting butt and crotch ... I have to check this.

@Dark CMF

Thank you very much for your comment!!! The screws in my TD are painted black, now ;-)

p11000577jsle.jpg

Michael.

Edited by Trooper Mitch
  • Like 1

Well Michael, i had a second look at your armor and in fact every of these details aren't relevant for Centurion, so... Move along! 

However, one other thing you could do with your thermal detonator would be to cut the excess of aluminium you have above the top screw holes of your clips, then unglue the main panel, and reglue it near the new cut:

tk121610.jpg med_gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

And you seem to have a slight misalignment between your kydney and abdominal plates on your right side, which i think could be fixed by lengthening a bit the strap that goes from the chest to the ab.

• Like 1

The belt is where it should be. Nothing to say here.

vlcsna14.jpg

Indeed.

med_gallery_12157_11_139412.jpgmed_gallery_12157_11_681560.jpg

It's really quite awkward when people that should know better tell newbies they are doing it wrong when in fact it's the other way around.

Well Michael, i had a second look at your armor and in fact every of these details aren't relevant for Centurion, so... Move along!

That sounds really great!

However, one other thing you could do with your thermal detonator would be to cut the excess of aluminium you have above the top screw holes of your clips, then unglue the main panel, and reglue it near the new cut:

I'll have to do it vice versa: Can't get the plastic off the tube because it's glued with Zap'A'Gap ... So I'll shorten the stripes and drill new holes. Think the old ones will be covered by the stripes quite well. Thank god I didn't glue the end caps :P They're pretty tight fitting.

And you seem to have a slight misalignment between your kydney and abdominal plates on your right side, which i think could be fixed by lengthening a bit the strap that goes from the chest to the ab.

This was also mentioned above. But it's a new aspect looking at the chest-to-ab-strapping. I'll have a closer look at that whole thing and will correct it. My overall problem is that I'm missing about 5 cm in length ... 1,75 m would have been great ;)

It's really quite awkward when people that should know better tell newbies they are doing it wrong when in fact it's the other way around.

I don't want to get "between the lines" and don't want to annoy anyone but: Thanks for this.

Edited by Trooper Mitch

Yeah, in fact i was really amazed by how the armor fits you despite you're 1m70. Definitely impressive!

... and that's my first TM build - I swear it! Got only one tip from my GMO to tighten the biceps ... And now the only thing that seems to come back at me is this tricky little TD and the butt plate :P  ... hopefully ... Pareto's greetings ... :P

Ouch!  OK lesson learned on the belts- sorry guys!  It seems in most of the pics of submissions I look at the belt is low on the bottom of the kidney.  I think most of us here and some TK's in the movie were doing it wrong!   Are these not movie ref pics found right here as well?  

EuyohJi.jpg

YtLqiEG.jpg

jS7sApT.png

rrDzxrR.jpg

Edited by Tusken RTT

Ouch!  OK lesson learned on the belts- sorry guys!  It seems in most of the pics of submissions I look at the belt is low on the bottom of the kidney.  I think most of us here and some TK's in the movie were doing it wrong!   Are these not movie ref pics found right here as well?  

EuyohJi.jpg

YtLqiEG.jpg

jS7sApT.png

rrDzxrR.jpg

The top one is certainly not. That's Terry out of the Canadian Garrison. We use that picture in the CRL (http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero)

The rest, yeah those are legit. The belt is in fact a little all over the place. But you can't just tell people they're wrong without backing it up. Even your middle picture contradicts you, as it's the crossing overlap of the belt ends that makes it look lower than it is. Look at the belt itself and not just the ends of it and you'll see.

Here's my correction for the TD (think, I should bend it a little bit downward ;)) and the butt plate. I tried to find out what makes the butt plate overlap the kidney plate and it turned out that it's actually the fabric which connects the butt with the crotch ... so I increased the length of the fabric so that there is minimum tension at the moment. And here's the result (held my arms up):

tk12169_22_correction7bs9d.jpg

Think that'll be all for today :)

Michael.

• Like 2

Perfect!!  :)

THANK YOU !!! Always doing my best and hope it'll fit the needs.

Edited by Trooper Mitch

Hello Micheal!! Yet another incredible set of TM armor waved in front of my face. So jealous am I!!! Someday. Anyway, thank you for your application to EIB! Let's take a closer look at your armor!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted. I am happy to tell you that your armor contains all necessary requirements to pass for EIB!! Congratulations and welcome to Expert Infantry!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: This section is for myself and your fellow troopers to provide observations towards improving the overall look of your armor. The suggestions in this section, unless specifically stated, will not affect any application.

You are a very resourceful young man in building close to all your accessories! Well done! Your armor is a great example of attention to detail. Well built! 

Your thighs seem to be a popular topic of conversation. A part of entering into the worlds of EIB and Centurion is making certain that your armor is worn correctly and I agree that your thighs do twist outward a little far. The front ridges on your shins and thighs should align with each other. It is not possible from your pictures to determine what method you use to hold your thighs up( I am assuming a garter system of some sort), but this is a simple fix with an adjustment in their position. (see "Centurion Suggestions" for further comment)

I am REALLY glad you decided to not to make your drop boxes thicker than they are. This is about as thick as I would allow them to be. For you future troopers, they should be in the 10-12 mm range for thickness. Here is a shot of an original.post-12041-0-53921800-1419187545_thumb.jpg

It was a nice touch to add the strapping bracket screws. 

You could add some silver paint to certain areas of your blaster for a more realistic look. Chipping , weathering, and paint added to the trigger group area all help here.post-12041-0-91194200-1419187677_thumb.jpg

Since we are on the subject of paint, I want to commend you on your painted helmet details. Bravo!!! I do want to mention this from time to time; the vocoder are between the mic tips should be a satin (matte) black rather than a gloss black. Your execution of the paint in this area was spot on!

You could dab a little black marker or paint on your thermal detonator screws if you wanted to  ;)

Centurion Suggestions:

I am glad to say that I have little to add here. I will ask you to make sure your photo submissions reflect a couple points:

I would like to see your thighs in their proper position

I would like to see the brow trim on that gorgeous helmet in its correct position

and make sure the outer edges of your drop boxes align with the out edge of your waist belt.

Congratulations again! I'd troop beside you ANY day!!

• Like 2

Hello Steve,

thank you very, very much for this great news !!! It's a kind of pre Christmas present to me and I am very happy that I made it into the ranks. Thank you also for your benevolent comment and suggestions.

You can be sure of my application for Centurion grade in the next month :)

There's only one thing left to say ....

YEEEEEEHAAAAW !!! :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1