For VII premiere- do we troop at the theater or does everyone go in costume?

Tusken RTT

Will be my first opening weekend next year to have any type of costume that I could wear.  I would be a blast of course to troop at the theater and hang out with the fans.  Does anyone simply dress and go to the movies solo, or is an organized troop at the theater's pretty much standard?  

Not sure I'm ready to stand to watch it in the new TK;  for viewing that may be a Tusken night for me.  

Your local garrison's forum should have info about nearby troops.

If there is an official troop near you, your garrison will know and coordinate it.

You can sign up on there forums without actually joining the Legion yet. More forum areas will open up once you are official.

I wouldn't advise just showing up in costume though.

Edited by Clonecollector

Definitely have your Garrison set this up! The theaters really appreciate what we do for them and usually will show their gratitude by allowing you to suit down after the first showing to see the film at no charge. I am certainly not guaranteeing that, but that has been done for us on several occasions.

Organized or not I will go to the theater with my armor for sure !  But if there's something organized it would be much better.

I will wait later to see the movie though, it will be too crowded for my taste, and I don't want to wait for days to get a ticket.

After doing a May 4th troop this year and getting the crowds reception I will be trooping with in an official capacity or just to wear my armor in the cinema. If you get an isle seat you can sit in TK armor ;)

• Like 2

From our Fl Garrison CO...

"As of now to put it simply Yes we will be called on but DON'T set up any troops at any theaters as those will

not be official at this time. We have to wait for LFL/Disney to make their move as most likely it will be a PR

event and will want us to staff certain locations.

And don't expect hearing what those are anytime soon!"

The bottom line is... DON'T PISS OFF THE MOUSE!!!

• Like 2

If the events are cannon, you better get your Disney approval or you won't be a Troopin .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if you are not there representing the Legion or your garrison, you can always just attend as joe private person. Personally I'm looking forward to officially trooping :)

• Like 1