Holding down the fort

IMG_0032.jpg

He did it

baed6a38-6ded-426a-9851-a76ac30992e6.jpg

Long Day at Work

IMG_8225.jpg

Edited by Starfox2010
  • Like 2

ABOUT TIME!!! Lol seriously though, awesome build Rick! Your armor looks great!!

If you only knew how many pics and how many times I took pics.  My wife threatened to kill me if I didn't submit it already, lol

• Like 1

Looking the business Rick, good luck with your application, but you won't need it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey There, Ricardo!  Thank you for your application for EIB!! Let's take a look at your armor!!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted. Nice, easy to follow application. Well done!  As for your armor, your suit represents all the required elements for Expert Infantry. With that, I would like to welcome you to EIB!!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

This is the section where myself and your fellow troopers make suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. These suggestions, unless specifically stated, will not affect any application.

What can I say???? It is nice when it is this easy! You have a great build and for a taller trooper, I really expected to see more black showing but this suit is a perfect fit for you. Well done all around on both armor and blaster!  I would watch your biceps as they seem to have a tendency to spin on you. The molded ridge on the bicep should match the molded ridge on the shoulder bell. 

Centurion Suggestions:

This is not your first rodeo. You have been around long enough so none of the following things should be a real surprise. 

Although this is a stellar build, There are certain aspects of the Armor Master set that need to be replaced in order to be eligible for Centurion. The main parts being the chest and back, but on your specific armor, you will also need to change out the ab button plates to the ones with the buttons molded into the plates. Why the other ones are even included at this point I don't know? Hopefully you didn't throw those away. Separate buttons are not allowed for Centurion applications as they were never used in the films.

You will also need to obtain a set of the flexible/latex handplates.  I LOVE those extra shots!!! Awesome!

Congrats again, Ricardo!!!!

Wohoo!!

giphy.gif

Thanks for the kind words, Steve!

Now to do some trooping soon. 

Reg the ab buttons, I seen this tutorial when I started working on the build, (http://www.whitearmor.net/fisd/Tutorial-abkidneybutt)  I trimmed down the main box to match it, when I should have left it to have that extra flat surface for gluing.  at that point I believe I ruined it and just went with the AM ab buttons, I still have them BTW  :)   (does it matter if the edges are trimmed as long as it's the molded buttons on them?) 

The hand guards have been ordered,  I'm sure they'll be a lot better having them in place than to keep pulling the elastic back to place every 5 min.

Front and back plate will be replaced when TG updates them. I want to keep it all AM , if possible.  Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with the chest?  I thought he updated that to Centurion standards.

Thanks again for reviewing my armor and the kind words! :blush:

• Like 2

Congrats Rick but we knew it would come to this. Hope to see you soon on a troop... Another tall TK. What's a vertically challenged TK to do around here to find others close in height? :D

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! My EIB accomplishment is obviously because of everyone's help.

Congrats Rick but we knew it would come to this. Hope to see you soon on a troop... Another tall TK. What's a vertically challenged TK to do around here to find others close in height? :D

Thanks Adam.  For now, I signed up for one if February, hope to see you there or at the next meetup.

• Like 1