Completed E-11 Photo Shoot

usaeatt2

Hello all,

A photographer friend owed me a favor, so we set up a little "photo shoot" last weekend... :)

Before she arrived, I set up a grey back drop for contrast.  To get the best shots without "propping" things up, I devised a mounting system.

I removed the socket head bolt from the bottom of the grip, then replaced it with a steel rod (cut and threaded). 

I inserted the other end of the steel rod in a hole drilled into a large landscape timber.  This allowed 360 degree rotation. 

When we were done with those shots, I bent the rod to allow top and bottom shots.

I digitally removed the rod in Photoshop and played around with some "artsy" shots.

Here's a few for your viewing pleasure!

qULlNb4.jpg

UHyvwB9.jpg

XMJ6QBa.jpg

LwjxAZZ.jpg

yBUV6qS.jpg

tNzoSVC.jpg

LpyJCHm.jpg

raRdAim.jpg

HwgGYDA.jpg

Aaron

• Like 5

Great shots Aaron. Looks kinda weird with no stand or background - like the guns not real or something....

Thanks, Ian.  I thought the same thing, but I wanted a few "super crisp" pictures.

For me, the fun is in building things...so this may go up for sale, when my composite blaster is done.

Think it looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that is a work of art- perfect! 

Exceptional!

That is awesome! :jc_doublethumbup:

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR COMPLIMENTS!!!

Edited by usaeatt2

A couple more pictures...

I almost forgot about the scope!!!

When the scope was originally mounted in a tank (or whatever piece of artillery it came from) it was likely mounted to a vertical surface.

I say this because every scope I've ever seen has the range lines running from the center out to the right side.

That doesn't make any sense on a gun, so I disassembled the scope and rotated the optics (about 30 times to get it perfectly aligned).

Now, I can look through the scope and line the range marks up with the front sight.

Getting a picture of this is tough since the "marked optics" are embedded about halfway through the scope.

My photographer friend was not able to focus on them - I managed to grab an iPhone shot as the focus was auto adjusting...

S0UbTXF.jpg

And a more realistic shot for Ian (with support rod and backdrop):

LwjxAZZ.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not fan of the blaster enlightenment, the zenithal is nice but a bit too dark for me. However the blaster is really awesome for sure, and you completely nailed the scope/sight alignment! Very nice addition.

• Like 1

I'm very glad to see parts that were in my personal collection on this work of art.

my only thought is how much I like a bumpy paintjob!    your version is growing on me, that is sure!

• Like 1

I'm very glad to see parts that were in my personal collection on this work of art.

my only thought is how much I like a bumpy paintjob!    your version is growing on me, that is sure!

For those not in the know, Vern sold me the scope which was previously used on the Lee Malone Bapty.

He was also kind enough to sell me the RARE large eagle counter.

Thanks Vern! :)

• Like 1

Nice build you got there :D

What's the story behind the Big eagle counter ?

As i have one of those aswell... but not mounted or painted yet couse my deac sterling is still in Germany ^^

Thinking about wich one to choose, as i have small eagle and big... (or is it just a mather of choise)

I like the paint job on it ... how was it done ?

• Like 1

Nice build you got there :D

What's the story behind the Big eagle counter ?

As i have one of those aswell... but not mounted or painted yet couse my deac sterling is still in Germany ^^

Thinking about wich one to choose, as i have small eagle and big... (or is it just a mather of choise)

I like the paint job on it ... how was it done ?

Thanks tr00per!

Seems like I'm seeing more large eagles these days...maybe because people are seeking them out due to their rarity.  Here's the short story:

When WWII started, the Hengstler company replaced the 'eagle' logo with an 'H' logo to avoid association with Nazi politics.  I think the large eagle was an earlier version.  Then they switched to the small eagle, then eliminated it altogether.  "TK Bondservnt 2392" has provided a lot of background history over the years. If anyone KNOWS these counters, it's Vern.

Here's a Hengstler maintenance and information thread I posted earlier this year:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27374-howto-hengstler-counter-maintenance-and-adjustment/?p=346843

The paint I used is KG Gunkote.  It's really more of a "high-tech" coating made specifically for guns.  KG Gunkote was originally formulated for Navy Seals.  The coating is baked on and has additives for lubrication and fingerprint resistance.  It's also extremely resistant to chipping or scratching.  I know it's not the usual wrinkle finish, but the benefits far outweigh the looks.  Besides, I've seen tons of weathered E-11's - I wanted one that looked like it was a brand new issue from the Death Star...

Here's a link to my build thread where I started working with the coating (post #117):

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26960-e-11-steel-pipe-build/?p=352292

Those were FUN days!

• Like 1