new guy question on armor piece

Alright guys. Calling all troopers.

What do you do to hold the shoulder bells and biceps in place?

What do you do to keep the shoulder bell from pushing the bicep piece down?

Got my TK set up pretty good, but problem now is the shoulder bells do not stay in place right and they push the biceps pieces down. It gets annoying rubbing into my arms.

I just hv velcro holding the shoulder bells to the leather shoulder straps. Works ok, but pushes the bicep down.

Thanks for any input.

This would be a good resource too. Be sure to check the tutorial link on the top left of the home page for other aspects of armor building.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 2

On 10/3/2014 at 9:03 AM, toybiz said:

This would be a good resource too. Be sure to check the tutorial link on the top left of the home page for other aspects of armor building.

-----------

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 10/3/2014 at 8:35 AM, Clonecollector said:

I have my shoulders connected by one long strip of elastic. I also use bicep hooks to hold them in place.

Where and how do you pass your elastic?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

i never liked the long elastic above.a simple T shape is more secure for me. 2in black elastic holds chest and back together, then a snap in the middle which a 1in elastic interceps and connects to, then connects the shoulder bell. in the middle of the shoulder bell, another 1in elastic strap connects the bell to the top of the bicep. no twisting

Your bicep hooks are set very high. Try re- gluing them with the hook lowered much closer to the top return edge of the bicep. That might help your biceps sit higher and stay in place.

Your bicep hooks are set very high. Try re- gluing them with the hook lowered much closer to the top return edge of the bicep. That might help your biceps sit higher and stay in place.

My gear is set up for a TD so once I have my backpack/pauldron in place the bells get pushed down a little. I can bend my elbows without any major armor bites.

What you've seen here are great suggestions.

I'll second using a heat gun to bend the hooks into shape, and mounting them much closer to the tops of the biceps than you see here. I'm on my second set of bicep hooks, because I made my first one using the score and bend method in the tutorial, and they got caught on my chest armor a lot and both of them broke during my first troop wearing them. I've trooped the newer heat bent ones, and because they don't stick out so far, they have yet to get caught in my chest armor once.

Or you can do like the original armour and fasten the bells with a snap to the shoulder elastic that joins the beast plate with the back plate.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk