Original trooper boots

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UK sizes are usually a size smaller than US. My nikes are UK 10-US 11.

I don't know if the 'B' represents the colour, but mine says 290-B. There are other 290's on ebay now. Be careful though, not all Loake chelsea boots are the same. Some are shorter and have wider elastic, and would probably keep popping out from under your shin armour.

• 2 years later...

Does that mean I can have those size 8's then.....please, please, pleeeeeeeeese! :icon_beg:

:D

Brilliant find mate, I'm really pleased for ya 'coz I know how long and hard you've been hunting

these Bad Boys down. :duim:

:)

Thanks!

These have been a long time coming. It has taken a few years searching for these boots and finally I have what I want. This is the fourth pair of real boots now. I have sizes 8, 9, 10 and 13. All have been found on ebay so if you want a pair, I suggest you keep looking as they turn up occasionally, you just have to look constantly.

Here are a few pics from the auction.

B2Rl2-BWkKGrHqEOKnIE399ZHleBMh1SziF6Q0_3.jpg

B2RlywBmkKGrHqEOKjUEMMp0QRBMh1SVghQQ0_3.jpg

B2Rl0LWkKGrHqQOKjIEN2fDhqdBMh1ShzgQ0_3.jpg

Painting will begin soon :D

Edited by troopermaster

Very nice find Paul.

Nice one mate all your hard work paid of , Paul i now blame you that i have to now sleep eat and drink Ebay and to hopefully net a pair of these babys ;)

Good work on finding the :)

Maybe being very picky here, but the ones you showed in the first post are single stitched. A match

These latest ones are doudle stitched?

Plus the elastic has a weird weave, but the first ones and the originals didn't look weaved?

The heel ankle leather patch looks a different width too?

The first ones you posted up are bang on. Are these larger shoes different somehow?

Sorry :( lol

BTW, since ya got the size 10 pair.... What'cha gonna do with the size 13 pair?? :D

What do you mean by double and sinlge stitched...which areas?

I know these 10's are made later than 1976 as the marking inside are slightly different which suggest a later manufacture, but still the same model. My 13's look to be exactly like the old style, just far too big for me unfortunately.

John Mollo would be proud :)

Paul i will take the pair 2nd in from the right :lol: naf of i here you say , absolutley a great collection of the origanal boots well done mateB)