Counting the days till I mount my rare Hengstler...

usaeatt2

wow.. I never thought the counter I sold you actually still worked!

It didn't.  I took some tinkering to get that old coil working again.  I actually hit it with 110V a few times to "loosen things up".  I'm a control systems engineer.  It's what I do!!!

Edited by usaeatt2

On 5/11/2014 at 1:26 PM, gazmosis said:

You can get a 15 V battery small enough to fit into your gun body or the magazine?

I don't know...  The coil can't have much draw for the split second it's energized - I wonder if something like below would have enough amperage?  I must try and see...bwaaaahahaha!!!

YYoorei.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Aaron, very nice video! It remindes me of the day when I received and tested my own counter. Loved the click, click, click ...

Not sure if you really need 15 V or more. Have you tested this? Mine also worked with a standard 9V battery (which would eventually fit into the magazine slot?!), but for sure our counters are different...

Update:  I tried Tino's suggestion with a brand new 9V battery and no luck.

They made Hengstler counters for different voltages (the coil impedence varies depending on the voltage spec).

Based on a photo in Tino's build thread, his counter is made for 12VDC and has an impedence of 52 ohms.

Tino's will work with a single 9V battery.

My counter is made for 24VDC and has an impedence of 154 ohms.

Mine will not work with a single 9V, BUT I tried two 9V's in series (like shown above) and it WORKED!

By some stroke of luck, two 9V batteries will just barely fit inside my trimmed magazine.

So close, in fact, it looks like it was planned that way.

I've got a plan for running the power wires that will make them look like the coiled wires from the power cells.

Looks like my plan to have a functional "shots fired" counter just might happen...

QxgW8An.jpg

Wow Aaron, did not expect that you've got enough space for two 9V batteries! Sorry to hear it didn't work with one. The spec sheet you posted was exactly the information I was looking for to share here but had no luck finding it.

In case you really want to go for a "shots fired" counter, don't forget to block the reset button ;).

Good luck for this mod. :duim:

I've got a plan for running the power wires that will make them look like the coiled wires from the power cells.

THIS.... THIS is awesome!  Looking forward to seeing it.  It makes perfect sense though, if you're going to do it!