TK-8151 Requesting ANH Elite Status.[12][AP]

AP armor

1. Caboots

2. Hyperfirm E11 blaster

3. Canvas belt

4. Holster on left side

5. Side gaps closed

6. Green lens made from welder's visor (hard to see in pics)

[edit] 7. Belt has buttons and corners trimmed (see pic I posted further down in a follow up posting).

frontiw6.jpg

backxh1.jpg

leftsideli7.jpg

rightsidegj8.jpg

Please note the very bright sun makes the blue bottons seem very light colored, they are actually painted a dark blue.

abbuttonsnd2.jpg

shoulderkm5.jpg

blastereg2.jpg

bootsau4.jpg

pose1np6.jpg

pose2iv9.jpg

Lookin good there trooper! :salute::trooper:

The only things I can think of is your belt plate needs to have its corners cliped ANH style, the "buttons" need to be placed on your belt plate also, its looking a little to ROTJ there, oh, and your canvas belt is to "white" :P

Bernard, good catch on the belt. Other than that I think you are good to go, nice job Jim. :salute:

BTW we are going to redo the pictures on the elite page, so if you could get a bucket on pose with even lighting like in the top few pictures that would be huge help.

looking good Jim. :D

I think alot of people will get hit on the corners of the belt. :o I know Bernard hit me on that too. I think to clear it up the belt referance needs to be added to the elite requirements for ANH stormtrooper as of now I didn't see it covered.

Funny we talked about clipping the corners today at the armor party but since its not called out in the elite standard we skipped it. I'll do it and post pics of it. I'll also add the 3 bolt caps to the belt. I got em just forgot all about them.

Funny we talked about clipping the corners today at the armor party but since its not called out in the elite standard we skipped it.

I thought the same thing, too. Not that I disagree with them needing to be cut, just that perhaps it needs to be mentioned in the standards. Maybe such a thing is generally taken for granted, though, and so not discussed. :unsure:

I, too, think you've done a great job! If you don't mind my asking, what did you use to close up your side gaps?

Good work overall Jim. Wonder how many elites in GT now?

Jim would make 3, with a few more very, very close. Though I think we'll never catch up to the Singapore garrison if they replace their belts :)

I used a layer of white foamie foam glued to a piece of black rubber (for strength). I then attach to armor with velcro. It holds real well. I have trooped a few times and no problems. I find that foamie foam sheets are not tough enough on their own.

Scott,

Please hurry and approve me, the Elite Stormtroopers page needs an even 12 troopers for proper balance (to help out the OCD troopers like me).

Lol gotta love being OCD. Unfortunately it wont be long before someone else gets elite and then there will be 13!

Jim,

Well done, ANH Elite Status approved!!!

I will ask the admins to update your profile, and I will get Elite pics done this weekend.

Please check out the new pinned thread in the Elite section regarding what is needed to get your official Elite Decals.

Well done trooper!!!