some expert opinion please

Hello all. Im brand new here and was looking for some exper opinions. I still have some work to do before I try for the 501st but id like some feed back on my progress so far. My bucket especialy needs fixing as I made a mistake on the ears. This is an ABS AP kit please take a look and tell me what you think. Thank you!

post-20514-0-35523500-1396959906_thumb.jpg

Belt is too low. Should be centered on the raised squares you see just above the belt. See photo where snap is located. You don't have to use snaps and be placed where it is but the belt should be up that high to cover the area.

Gloves must be full fingered. Boots can't be Elvis style.

I don't particularly see anything else wrong but you are also only showing us one side of the costume. You should provide photos showing all angles of your armor for a better critique.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hey Dave:

As Tray posted, we can't really get a feel for where you are at by one picture. There are so many aspects of the costume that we look at in order to get a complete feel, we need a complete look. Take closer shots of sections of your armor and we will go from there. Front, sides and back.

Also: The armor does not look like AP to me, or am I the only one thinking that the helmet looks suspiciously like NE ?

Biceps and forearms are definitely too loose, as might be the thighs.

Get us more pictures and we will provide a better review :)

Thanks guys. I have many pics, and iv tried posting them but it keeps telling me they are too large. Ill post more as soon as I can figure out the problem lol. Also I am 5'8" 115lbs had to do alot of trimming and even reshaping of some of the plastic to get it to fit as best I could but I think I can still trim a bit if needed. I went with the elvis boots for they were cheaper (I think my fiance is already contemplating leaving me for the money I spent on this kit alone haha) but if I have to upgrade so be it (shell just have to understand lol). More phoros soon, you guys are awsome

Thanks guys. I have many pics, and iv tried posting them but it keeps telling me they are too large. Ill post more as soon as I can figure out the problem lol.

Don't upload them directly in the posting-box. Use an external site like photobucket to host them, and then link them into your post.

Unless I'm mistaken, that is an 3-piece NE bucket. From what I see, your tube stripes are backwards, bend should be toward the back of the helmet. Also, you have your bucket painted like a ROTJ helmet (black frown), but your button plates are in ANH/ESB position. Also, you will certainly need some new boots. Elvis boots aren't allowed for 501st approval. 

I too had trouble uploading images! load them into photshop and save them for web (50kb) or so.. youll be able to post a bunch! your inbox has 10mb of space for images on FISD. that one image may have filled it up!

The ears are really f*cked up.

Try to contact the maker (tupperwaretk was one of them I think?) for new replacement ears.

As already mentioned: decide which TK version you want to build:

ANH Stunt: Grey frown, handpainted details

ESB: Black frown, ESB decals

RotJ: Black frown with a black edge around it , RotJ decals

So far you got a RotJ frown with ANH style decals and black painted ears (no ears were painted completely black)

Edited by Minuteman

ESB is my target. And yes the ears are F'd I dont know what I was doing there.

So you need new ESB decals.

Have a look at trooperbay. Their decals are very nice.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Minor fixes are looking good.  Don't forget to get/ add a holster to the right side of your belt if you are going for ESB.  It is attached by a loop method.  

Off of the 501st ESB Costume Reference:

• Holster is worn on right side of belt. Holster will be made of completely black leather or leather-like material and be worn on the right and affixed via two black loops over the belt (no fasteners).

Do you have the thighs right? its hard to tell from the pictures being small. it MAY seem you have the insides and outsides swapped from looking at the back side.

But great on the holster and neck seal!

Edited by Stormy1992