OH BOY... First build! (RS)

Nice job on the strapping. Don't worry about the chest armour being too high. I've had a similar problem before. Just measure how much further you want it down and cut more elastics. There should be enough left (if not they' not too difficult to source! I got them easily from ebay).

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you get the whole amour done and go for a test fit first. The trimming doesn't end even after you get your suit clearedĀ  :laugh1:

Ā 

Once you get a proper test fit...or even after some troops you'll find out which areas you might need to trim or sometimes you may get a fellow experienced garrison mate that can suggest to you which areas to trim. Better yo leave the return edges first then to over trim!

heres the progress. im very hesitant to trim the shoulder bells, plastic shoulder straps.. and... the BUCKET! im also not completely sure how to fit everything nicely. I am however very happy with how everything is coming out so far and happy with how fast im getting things done. Any tips or comments definitely welcomeĀ  :D

Ā 

IMG_20140222_225309_zpsvihknslx.jpg

As the DL says Always use thw origanal source for reference for whatever costome your doing you cant go wrong to what we see on screen ;)<br /><br />And be careful what glue you go for, always read the uses ;)<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

As for fitting pieces on to my body so that the fit nicely and not just look like a tube, like it did before...

IMG_20140217_18005_edit_1392681676940_zp

Ā 

I shaped it to my arm and i feel very good about how it fits now, i can fit my wrist through it nicely and i just feel like it sits well. Now i just have it taped right now but im wondering what is the best way to cut it so i can glue it? Do i cut directly down the middle? im not sure if this makes sense sorry.

Ā 

IMG_20140224_10405_edit_1393260074412_zp

IMG_20140224_104136_zpsaquyfhlp.jpg

Ā 

What im asking is where do you guys recommend i cut these pieces so i can finally glue them together?

Edited by albisancho

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/Vbnnu thought that was pretty cool!

Then this thread might interest you:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22683-ralph-mcquarries-concept-stormtrooper-armor/page-20

Edited by The5thHorseman

Well done on that forearm. Just spot the seam directly across from the other one. Make marks on both halves at the top and bottom so you can use a straight edge and make your cut lines.

im sorry im a little slow today haha, what do you mean by seams?the edge of the piece?Ā 

Ā 

WOAH this thread is awesome!!!! Ā Thanks for sharingĀ 

Holding the forearm where i wanted it i marked a good center line where i wouldn't mind cutting both pieces to have them meet up.Ā 

IMG_20140225_15512_edit_1393365114777_zp

Ā 

then i used a straight edge and transfered the line over the the other piece,Ā 

IMG_20140225_15522_edit_1393365177643_zp

Ā 

Ā 

Well done on that forearm. Just spot the seam directly across from the other one. Make marks on both halves at the top and bottom so you can use a straight edge and make your cut lines.

not sure if this is how you recommended to do it,

Please don't cut those lines! Or you will find your forearms to be tighter than what you thought it would be...

Ā 

On this pic, just make two marks at the top and the bottom at the middle of the overlapp and then draw a line between the top and bottom mark on each half. This is where you need to cut.

img_2012.jpg

Please don't cut those lines! Or you will find your forearms to be tighter than what you thought it would be...

Ā 

On this pic, just make two marks at the top and the bottom at the middle of the overlapp and then draw a line between the top and bottom mark on each half. This is where you need to cut.

img_2012.jpg

that is exactly what i did.

Ā 

Here this is where i had them overlapping. this is the top of the forearm.

IMG_20140225_161307_zpsavquwhay.jpg

Ā 

This is the bottom of the forearm.

IMG_20140225_16134_edit_1393366431779_zp

Love the eye lashes lol. I would try and bring you're thighs up a little bit, that will give you some clearance around your knees Something doesn't look quite right about your calves but you may not have these closed tight. Looking forward to seeing more :D.