OH BOY... First build! (RS)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FISD just got permission to use a new, big pile of reference pictures of the RS suit, which might help you. You can view them here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/59-the-rs-suit/

Awesome! Thanks for uploading these and thanks toĀ Voice in the crowd, that's incredibleĀ  :)Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Albert, about the side strap give it a slight tension

When gluing fabric or elastic, e6000 dries pretty fast. In about 8 hours it should be dried.

Ā 

About zap a gap, there's the risk that the elastic will absorb the glue. Perhaps if you put the glue on the ab plate and then set the strap.

I would stick with the E6000, at least that gives you the ability to remove the straps if needed ;)

Alright heres my progress, and im quite happy !

Ā 

IMG_20140219_17315_edit_1392852733461_zp

IMG_20140219_17314_edit_1392852712058_zp

Ā 

I noticed that the little dimples RS put in the ab plate are not qual distance apart. I marked out where i thought it should be. Any thoughts before i drill?

Ā 

IMG_20140219_17325_edit_1392852799854_zp

Ā 

Looking into my strapping kit more. I noticed I dont know what alot of the parts are for...... if i could get some help on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Ā 

IMG_20140219_17535_edit_1392854089480_zp

IMG_20140219_17565_edit_1392854225483_zp

Ā 

SORRY for all the photos haha... anyways lets get started.....

Ill just list what i think they are for and you guys can correct me and we can help someone in the future!

1. The waits strap that connects to your thighs.

2. ?

3. ?

4. elastic to hold the shoulder bridge to the back plate.

5. straps with hooks for the shins.

6. ?

7. ?

8. ?

9. ?

10. connects to the shoulder bells to keep them in place.

11. i think this long piece is for cutting up the loops and other attachment pieces for the torso.

12. connects the front and back plates together at the shoulders.

Ā 

Just gone through my strapping kit and it appears completely different!! I've got no 4 or 5s

But did get a random piece of (I'm guessing) ABS plastic :-/

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just gone through my strapping kit and it appears completely different!! I've got no 4 or 5s

But did get a random piece of (I'm guessing) ABS plastic :-/

Ā 

Ā 

4 is the very thin elastic that connects the plastic shoulder bridge to the back piece and 5 you can't see in the picture too well but it is small white pieces of elastic that have hooks on them, this is for the shins.

Ā 

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yep definitely no 4s. Have discovered the hooks now though, hiding in the mass of nuts and bolts

Ā 

Ā 

thats odd, my strapping kit came with the hooks attached. RS just cares to put alittle more effort into some of the packs? haha Still great company by all means.

Ā 

There are 6 of these in total.

IMG_20140220_144324_zpsymrbe9qg.jpg

heres some awesome bathroom selfies for you guys haha. i had some compression pants on but im looking to get a new pair for the suit only. no shirt yet so i threw on a very thin shirt. Any recommendations on compression clothing for suits? i was thinking of just going with under armour.Ā 

Ā 

IMG_20140220_14385_edit_1392928756099_zp

IMG_20140220_14392_edit_1392928781765_zp

Ā 

Still waiting on putting the loops to connect the whole torso. not sure what size i want to go yet, also need to glue the inner fabric shoulder straps and outer plastic shoulder straps.

Can't complain I managed to blag some off cuts to use as cover strips from them today :-)

Ā 

Have you measured the depth of both the kidney and butt plate yet? There's some threads I've been following and they've all had to shorten in some way so the crotch area doesn't rub the err......crotch

Ā 

Ā 

Can't complain I managed to blag some off cuts to use as cover strips from them today :-)

Ā 

Have you measured the depth of both the kidney and butt plate yet? There's some threads I've been following and they've all had to shorten in some way so the crotch area doesn't rub the err......crotch

Ā 

Ā 

the ending of that sentence tho!Ā  :duim:Ā  NO i have not measured the depth, i didnt know that was a problem, the few threads im following dont say anything about that. could you share the threads youre talking about?

Edited by albisancho

Nice work so far. Just keep an eye on the bolts when you troop, two fellow members who troop hard have been splinting their armor between the bolts, we have just convert one to the snap and elastic method. All depends how much of a hard time you give your armor, if you treat it carefully you should be fine ;)

Nice work so far. Just keep an eye on the bolts when you troop, two fellow members who troop hard have been splinting their armor between the bolts, we have just convert one to the snap and elastic method. All depends how much of a hard time you give your armor, if you treat it carefully you should be fine ;)

thanks for that tip man, i think im going to get some lock tight and put that on there.

Well im not angry!! just trial and error really but i got some mistakes that i need to fix, The chest is WAY to high compared to the back, it digs into my neck and doesnt even match up with everything else. Also the compression stuff i have on now is not what im going to be using for trooping, just trying it on right now. Also the but plate sticks out a bit on the sides now that i have the strap connecting it to the COD plate. how do i fix this? Does anyone see anything else worth mentioning?Ā 

Ā 

AWESOME SELFIE TIME!

IMG_20140221_15252_edit_1393017970465_zp

IMG_20140221_15262_edit_1393018020764_zp

IMG_20140221_15270_edit_1393018069981_zp

i don' think your compression top will do the job, too many stiches not black enought. It will show even when all equipped. And in addition that's not really compressing, especially around your elbows...

Ā 

The butt plate flaring out is due to the RS molds. You can fix it if you want but you don't have to. Once all equipped it will be fine.